1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome to the Festive Perineum

Discussion in 'Wintervaltide - Xmas and Year Review 2011' started by mrsfran, Dec 27, 2011.

1. mrsfran

mrsfran Slightly less bulbous

What's your plan for the Yuletide taint?

fogbat and Voley like this.
  2. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

Festive Perineum? Are you implying it's been a cunt of a year and you're waiting for the arse end of 2011?

3. mrsfran

mrsfran Slightly less bulbous

Yes. That is the wordplay gag. Thank you for explaining it, Mrs Exposition.

4. Yu_Gi_Oh

Yu_Gi_Oh 天天好心情

Business as usual here. Holding out for long lunar new year holiday though. :)

What about you mrsfran?

5. Mrs Magpie

I was originally expecting a photo and thought it was childbirth related and was going to stick it in knobbing and sobbing. I'm a bit hungover :facepalm:

fogbat, wayward bob and weepiper like this.
  6. Gerry1time

Gerry1time pities the neurotypical

Myself and she who must be have been at our respective parents this Christmas, but we're both heading home today, where we plan to spend the festive barse together before friends come down for what we like to call 'New Year'.

Plans for these days include going for a walk along the Strawberry Line and ending up in The Crown in Churchill (possibly the world's quaintest pub), and roasting the fuck out of a big ass duck that I bought before we went away.

7. Voley

Voley And a rovin' a rovin' a rovin' I'll go ...

"Festive perineum". :D :D

8. wtfftw

wtfftw toasted cheese debauchery

I'm off for a night in Birmingham. then back to London for my dads birthday. then it's next year.

9. Voley

Is your Dad's birthday the 28th wufts? If so, he has been born correctly. Everyone else has done it wrong.

10. DotCommunist

DotCommunist virtue without terror is impotent.

I'm enjoying the festive barse. I ahave a mafia book and some cheese to see me across nifkins smelly bridge

11. RubyToogood

RubyToogood Palacetinian

Counting the hours till my sister and co leave and the actual holidays can start. I have a lot of dressmaking I want to do, and some cycling.

12. bi0boy

bi0boy .

Working out when the bin men are next coming.

13. wtfftw

wtfftw toasted cheese debauchery

nah. he's the 30th. Several of my cousins are the 28th though. :hmm:

14. Maurice Picarda

Maurice Picarda Reflounced. None of you are worth bothering with.

This is the best bit of the year.

It's a holiday without having to be abroad, haggling with cabbies and trying to convince children that the wildlife is exciting, and one where everyone else is off as well, so there is nothing on the webmail and Blackberry to threaten one's sloth.

Voley likes this.
  15. mentalchik

mentalchik far too big for her boots

eldest's bday today..............when he gets out of bed that is after a very loooooong christmas party at a mates

16. weepiper

weepiper eb slootly non verbal

Got to take the eldest to have a tooth pulled tomorrow :( then the nephew's birthday on Thursday so we'll be popping over to say hi and give him his present, then I have an overnight pass on Friday to go out dancing in Glasgow :cool: we will be at home with the kids on New Year's Eve itself so that'll be my New Year.

17. Voley

How do you pronounce perineum? PerINNeum? Perryneeum? I don't think I've ever heard someone say it. It's not a regular conversational word tbf.

18. mentalchik

the first one

19. Mrs Magpie

This, according to every medical bod I've heard say it from doctors, through to midwives and health visitors.

20. DotCommunist

perren e yum

21. mentalchik

didn't know that Mrs M......always thought it t'was other way

22. DotCommunist

I stick with barse to save myself this very dilmma

wtfftw and Voley like this.
  23. Voley

Ta Mrs M. Barse is easier, though, I agree.

24. mentalchik

well yet again learn things you didn't know on U75

krtek a houby likes this.
  25. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

All I could do in this state is give a thumbs up to one and two fingers to the other.

26. Mrs Magpie

'peri' is Greek for nearly, almost.

27. Maurice Picarda

"Around", surely? As in perihelion or perimeter? Perhaps it depends on the case of the word that follows.

28. Maurice Picarda

Peri (Genitive, Accusative)
    • 1. With Genitive a. Reference: concerning b. Advantange/Representation: on behalf of, for (= uper)
    • 2. With Accusative a. Spatial: around, near b. Temporal: about, nearc. Reference/Respect: with regard/reference to

29. Ceej

Ceej Where is my mind?

My head hurts.....way too intellectual for me today.

30. AnnaKarpik

AnnaKarpik Queen of all she surveys

To determine the weight of the chicken, I weighed myself with and without the bird in my arms. This was the first time in a couple of months that I had weighed myself and I was delighted to have lost about six pounds. Since Christmas day in the morning I have gained fourteen pounds :eek: How is this possible? I haven't eaten the whole fucking chicken and not had a shit in the meantime. :weeps:

So I am feeling guilty and disgusted everytime I eat anything, reaching for the wine to dull the self-disgust and getting fatter by the second.

On the bright side, I am visiting a daughter that couldn't get to ours tomorrow; maybe that will take my mind off the hippoesque shapeliness.