1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weds 1st April: G20 protests - discussion, reaction and chat

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by editor, Apr 1, 2009.

1. winjer

winjer holocene death beat

I'm not at all surprised by the suggestion that the commander of the uniformed cops might not have been told everything the Branch were up to at the protest, I'm actually surprised by all the commentators who are saying Broadhurst must have known everything just because he was ostensibly in charge.
  2. revlon

revlon Well-Known Member

this is true. The point though is if he didn't genuinely know in his own mind, why go public saying a definite no?

I'd say a knowing arrogance, absolute contempt for the public and a complete lack of accountability allowed him the privilege of saying what ever the fuck he wanted - without checking and without actually caring.
  3. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

it's pathetic, to see them floundering so patently.

He [Broadhurst] told the latest hearing: "I first of all apologise. When I appeared before you I gave you information that appears to be inaccurate. At the time it was true to the best of my knowledge."

ummmm... but your colleague Acting Commissioner Godwin adds: "that the use of covert officers on large operations was "not an exception at all".

So even though the use of covert officers is not exceptional at all and even though you admit you didn't know the whole truth, you were previously prepared to go on the record as stating an unequivocal opinion on the deployment of covert officers not having taken place? And you're the "gold commander"...:facepalm:
  4. shaman75

shaman75 Well-Known Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/apr/14/kettling-g20-protesters-police-illegal
  5. shaman75

shaman75 Well-Known Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/apr/14/sue-police-kettling-g20-protests
  6. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano "Do me a favor and remove this slanderous post"

Kaka Tim, pesh, ddraig and 1 other person like this.
  7. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano "Do me a favor and remove this slanderous post"

8. laptop

laptop Freudenschade