1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weds 1st April: G20 protests - discussion, reaction and chat

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by editor, Apr 1, 2009.

1. audiotech

audiotech wav, aiff, mp3, ogg, flac

2. two sheds

two sheds not as daft as i look

3. Pickman's model

Pickman's model let's kill the king

4. winjer

winjer holocene death beat

Ah, they've found a new stooge:

I wonder what he was really up to...
  5. Pickman's model

bookmarks is a vaguely nearby bookshop...
  6. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Nomadologist

Very good programme, especially highlighting the Radley Lakes Community Protest and the tactic of criminalisation used against ordinary citizens trying to safeguard their community's environment, health and well-being for future generations.

Save Radley Lakes saw the open use of hired "security management" who proceeded to act as thugs against the peaceful community campaigners. This was and is a noteworthy advent. Protestors at Radley Lakes were trying to prevent the dumping of ash into their lakes that contained mercury, cadmium and arsenic. "Large corporations are able to suspend freedoms we thought to enjoy":
    The above quote and link from Channel4 News in March 2007, highlights what ordinary people are up against in their fight against the injurious acts of multinational corporations.

In another part of the world, the fight to save ancestral lands from pollution and environmental devastation resulting from tar sands oil-extraction by had £53 million donated to put toward the costs of the lawsuits needed to fight against the pollution of the environment.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/jul/20/canada-cree-tar-sands.
  7. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

It just keeps getting worse for the police:
    Cunts.
  8. AnnO'Neemus

AnnO'Neemus Is so vanilla

Just heard about that on the radio. I hope the officers involved feel ashamed of their behaviour.

But will it make any difference to policing of protests in the future?
  9. dweller

dweller muthafuckin snakes

I just heard an interview with this woman or Radio 4.
    Absolutely shocking description of what she experienced.
    The interview will be broadcast in full on tonight's Newsnight.
  10. laptop

laptop Freudenschade

Maybe kettling is over, and maybe it's over before the Oxford Circus case gets to Strasbourg.
  11. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

all about the "lessons to be learnt" :rolleyes:
  12. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

Channel 4 after the ads on NOW
  13. Pickman's model

of course if people put half the effort into avoiding being kettled in the first place that they do into moaning about it after the event then the tactic of kettling would have been stopped as ineffective many years ago.
  14. Pickman's model

not quite the word i'd have used in the circumstances.
  15. winjer

A total of 37 people have been charged over the G20 protests in April, City of London police said today. The force released its first full list of charges brought since the demonstrations. They include violent disorder, arson, criminal damage and assaulting the police. Eleven people are charged with impersonating a police officer in connection with an incident on 1 April when a group of activists were stopped outside the Royal Bank of Scotland offices on Bishopsgate while driving a blue-painted armoured car.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/aug/07/g20-protests-london-37-charged

Police list here:
    http://www.cityoflondon.police.uk/CityPolice/Media/News/37 charged with G20 crimes.htm
  16. Corax

Corax This will change your life: http://bit.ly/19lPFRa

The impersonating charge will be thrown out, surely? No one in their right mind would think the Hijackers were even vaguely attempting to be taken for filth.
  17. Struwwelpeter

Struwwelpeter Earthling

One person charged with causing fear/provocation of violence. I witnessed several hundred doing that, but rest assured, none of them will be charged.

I presume the person charged with assaulting a police officer will plead self defence.
  18. winjer

19. david dissadent

david dissadent New Member

What is a part time anarchist?
  20. pboi

pboi Banned Banned

reads U75, reads the Guardian, tried to avoid the rat race, holds onto ideals however misplaced.
  21. winjer

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/davehillblog/2009/nov/05/g20-police-assault-ian-tomlinson-police
  22. Fictionist

Fictionist Serving Eargasms....

:D
  23. mrfusion

mrfusion Is nice to idiots

So, is anyone is St Andrews for this? I only ask because I live about 5 mins away, so a pint or two might be fun. Plus if anyne knows anything about protest tomorrow it would be cool to know. ta.
  24. mrfusion

mrfusion Is nice to idiots

obv this is for the G20 over the 6-10 November, not the date this thread was originally started,
  25. winjer

26. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

YouTube video footage:

27. winjer

Also:
    which shows outside the building (and some silly comments from inside!).
  28. BettyBlue

BettyBlue Killa Rockin Bird

29. winjer

30. ymu

ymu Niall Ferguson's deep-cover sock-puppet