1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We WILL win the Eurovision this year - Engelbert Humperdinck will see to that

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by TitanSound, Mar 2, 2012.

1. TitanSound

TitanSound Mr Beardy Drummer

2. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

Ffs who picked your entrant this year graham norton

ShiftyBagLady likes this.
  3. wtfftw

wtfftw toasted cheese debauchery

We don't even get to vote on the song.

and I think this should be in TV. :hmm:

4. wtfftw

I actually don't think he's an entirely ridiculous choice. :D

QueenOfGoths likes this.
  5. QueenOfGoths

QueenOfGoths Black puddings very black today, Mother!

wtfftw likes this.
  6. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

I'm still getting to terms with the fact he has not been dead for the last 15 years :)

dessiato likes this.
  7. TitanSound

8. QueenOfGoths

QueenOfGoths Black puddings very black today, Mother!

'tis okay Tits, maybe the mods could merge them into one "Mighty Hump" Thread :D

wtfftw likes this.
  9. Hocus Eye.

Hocus Eye. Snap, crop, scrap crap

According to that BBC article Britain last won the Eurovision Song Contest 15 years ago with a song by somebody and the Waves. I have forgotten the singer's name in the few minutes since I read it. I don't remember that song or that 'we' won it.

I do remember Englebert Humperdinck though - who could forget such a name. I vaguely remember his middle of the road style of singing. I suppose if we must dignify the contest by entering it it might as well be by a long forgotten one time well-known ballad singer.

I would prefer that Britain did not enter this abysmal contest. All the songs are just "Jiggy jiggy pling plong" repeated over and over again. I have not watched the programme since I left my parent's home and I wish it would go away. The song that wins gets played on the air for a while but is usually soon forgotten.

Let's forget the contest, it has no bearing on music outside of its own competition.

10. wtfftw

Love shine a light in every corner of the world let out love light something blah blah blah blah /katrina and the waves

5t3IIa likes this.
  11. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

Katrina did she not do some les headline grabbin with the bint from the royal family..

All I remember of the band

12. Divisive Cotton

Divisive Cotton Now I just have my toy soldiers

Fucking hell, talk about a forgotten blast from the past

He's was bloody shit in the 60s so I doubt if 40 years would have aged his style well

Oddly, on one British tour he had the Jimi Hendrix Experience supporting him

Still, it is the Eurovision Song Contest and clearly the British selectors are entering into the spirit of the event by showing that they have a sense of humour

Mungy likes this.
  13. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

first comment on the bbc article:

this could be an incredibly shrewd move

14. Shreddy

Shreddy Please. Take some off my cheek.

Humperdink. It's funny 'cuz it's true tee hee :)

It's still alive then ? :confused: :)

15. ska invita

ska invita yes yes

Zingelbert Bembledack
    Yingybert Dambleban
    Zangelbert Bingledack
    Wengelbert Humptyback
    Slut Bunwallah
    Kringelbert Fishtybuns
    Steviebuns Buttritrundle
    Gerry Dorsey
    Zingelbert Bimbledack
    Tringelbert Wangledack
    Slut Bunwallah
    Klingybun Fistelvase
    Dindelbert Zindeldack
    Engelbert Humptyback
    Zangelbert Bingeldack
    Engelbert Humperdinck
    Vingerbert Wingeldanck...

16. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Frankly, I couldn't give a toss about the UK's entry, but Eurovision is a televisual highlight each year for me. :cool:

QueenOfGoths likes this.
  17. ShiftyBagLady

ShiftyBagLady Base for your face

Yeah but why would we want to win the flaming Eurovision? We'll get saddled with hosting it next year now.

18. Shirl

Shirl Well-Known Member

He was on the radio earlier singing about lesbian seagulls

19. Libertad

Libertad Occasional table

Choon.

magneze and quimcunx like this.
  20. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever dumber than i appear on paper

Eng will take the gold for her majesty in her Jubilee year.

QueenOfGoths likes this.
  21. likesfish

likesfish chanelling mike from spaced

It just become a major trolling of the uk

22. smmudge

smmudge We teach life, sir.

I would love to have the eurovision here!

wtfftw likes this.
  23. WouldBe

WouldBe non smoking

If we don't win the headlines will be 'Engelbert Flumperdink'. :)

24. ska invita

ska invita yes yes

Can Engelbert Humperdinck free Azerbaijan?

"Release Me" would take on a certain poignancy in a country with dozens of political prisonershttp://www.economist.com/blogs/easternapproaches/2012/03/eurovision-song-contest#

But some activists hope that when he showcases his crooning in Baku in Azerbaijan on May 26th, the event will be made memorable for another reason. With some 120m people expected to tune in, they want to highlight the country’s deteriorating human-rights record.

Azerbaijan's government is spending a great deal of money tarting up its capital for the contest. The contest will take place in the new Baku Crystal Hall, a gleaming 23,000-seat arena. But a new report from Human Rights Watch highlights the abuses that were committed along the way. Local authorities expropriated houses and evicted residents with scant regard for due process or the rights of homeowners....

more in link

25. Hocus Eye.

Perhaps we could use the Azerbaijan government's human rights record as an excuse to boycott the song contest and so avoid the embarrassment of having a seventy year old ballad singer as our representative.

I think if we just didn't enter this year, people would forget about it next year and we could be free of this television nightmare for ever.

26. Shreddy

Shreddy Please. Take some off my cheek.

Hugh Laurie's accent as "House" sounds like my uncle from Seattle.

Adele is actually quite svelte.

Engel...Engel...fuck me. You fucking Englanders are weird :facepalm:

27. smmudge

smmudge We teach life, sir.

Television nightmare? It's one night, on one channel. Not only are there lots more channels now a days, but there are plenty of other ways to keep yourself occupied.

QueenOfGoths likes this.
  28. Hocus Eye.

It is not just the one night, it is the build up over many weeks, even months and it pervades other media, the news, radio programmes, newspapers, magazines and becomes a topic of conversation. Begone I say. Let's have no more of this twaddle.

29. TitanSound

Like picking the shittest song and seeing if you can successfully masturbate before it finishes. If not, you have to proclaim NIL POIT over and over in a loud manner whilst you scrub your nipples with a brillo pad as you cry bitter tears of shame.

30. AKA pseudonym

AKA pseudonym Well-Known Member

ah well we have Jedward again
    :facepalm: