1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walking Dead

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by ohmyliver, Aug 25, 2010.

1. GarfieldLeChat

GarfieldLeChat fucking awesome but wrong

it's presumed. In the comics there's no CDC moment or big reveal this is all they know bitten or not dead get head shot. You die you become a zombie. So it's either a 'miraclious' event which turned everyone at once or it's air borne

2. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

wow, just watched the last ep. Plenty of WTF to think about. Roll on series 3.

3. GarfieldLeChat

was a good episode...

Michonne yay finally.... and with her boyfriends... yay....

and the prison in series 3 which means it'll be along slow one with a horrific cliff hanger at the end of series 3 gonna be awesome even if it's only half of the comic books...

4. Hassan I Sabha

Hassan I Sabha Kick Muck !

Is there a non torrent source for the comics at all? If not what is the cheapest way of buying them, there seems to be various combinations of compendiums and the like.

5. GarfieldLeChat

yes you can get them directly from image http://www.imagecomics.com/series/349/ or via the secret stash http://www.redbankstash.com/

full listings, tbh the compendiums are usually 12 comics in 1 (much like the series episodes you might note... hmmm) but are probably better value than the individuals...

there are a lot of compendiums cos there's current 97 comics...

it is a linear story so worth reading in sequence...

Hassan I Sabha likes this.
  6. Divisive Cotton

Divisive Cotton Now I just have my toy soldiers

I've just downloaded the second half of series two now it is completely finished

my zombie fill starts tonight :cool:

7. DotCommunist

DotCommunist virtue without terror is impotent.

I think we can all agree that this series is becoming something much better than it was in series 1

8. GarfieldLeChat

now if thye'd just follow more of the ocmic plot lines... and of course hadn't killed dale... who's andrea going to fuck now... (tho andrea in the comics is much younger and would in effect make dale a peado which is never questioned or mentioned that he was sleeping with both sisters and had influence over them... hence the unspoken friction between them in the tv series which then was never expanded on before they killed him).

9. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

Whoa there I wouldn't go that far! It's getting to be about as good but 7/8 episodes to get there is FAR too long!

10. GarfieldLeChat

totally understand why they did it from a upcoming plot (assuming they still loosely follow the comics which the prison suggests they will) though I would have prefer to see them settle into the winter in the retirement village so they could find out why there were fewer zombies and what happens in winter etc also it would have made more sense from the randel issue they raised...

thank fuck karl shot shane though that was a long time coming...

It kinda feels like they've spent this series nudging it back to the plot of the comics to make up for the barbaric butchery which was series 1...

11. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

Great last episode. Series 2 was a real improvement over series one, which went down the drain after episode two. Still not top notch telly, but pretty good by now. I'm plenty intrigued by who saved Andrea.

12. Kid_Eternity

Number 13 was a great episode, very happy the last few episodes have returned to the greatness of series 1, the sense of threat and futility has returned very nicely, plus it feels like anyone can die again rather than the treading water plotting of that fucking farm!

13. thriller

thriller Last of the world's good men

what's with all the daft love for episode 13? :confused:
    It was just more shooting at zombies and running.
    Dont get the praise it's getting?

Anyone also notice how many bullets were fired by Herschel without even re-loading. :D

14. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

What's wrong with shooting zombies and running ? That's why I watch the bloody show. :confused:

15. Kid_Eternity

Um did you not read my post? It's back to what made S1 great always being on the run, people not surviving, the struggle against futility...

16. thriller

all the running and shooting got boring after a while. and I wanted that annoying Korean kid dead (and Carl too).

17. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

If you find the rare episode of a zombie show which actually features the rarely seen zombies in action boring and you wish its most likeable character dead, then it may be time to watch something else. :hmm:

PlaidDragon likes this.
  18. thriller

likeable to you, maybe.
    And carl, likeable?
    little shit always wonders off and causes more trouble then he is worth.

19. Kid_Eternity

I like the Korean dude, the main characters son is just annoying, the sooner he's ripped to shreds by hungry walkers the better!

20. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

I like Glenn and I liked how his relationship with Maggie was handled. Not that bothered by or about Carl, but they can't kill off both the children in one season.

21. bi0boy

bi0boy .

If Andrea's forthcoming baby is stillborn, will it turn into a zombie straight away?

frogwoman likes this.
  22. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

You mean Lori ? I suppose it would be if she passes on the infection.

BTW, I loved the armless "pet" walkers the hooded figure who saved Andrea had chained up. Probably the creepiest image in the entire series.

23. thriller

yeah, the ninja figure with the chained zombies was cool.

24. Kid_Eternity

Heh yeah I thought that too. About time we saw some other people too...would really like to see that father and son from the first episode again.

25. Rajjie

Rajjie ready to be liberated?

The British armed forces need to be kitted out with Hershel's shotgun.

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

50 shots. No reloading. BLAM!

Also, who knew a side-effect of the virus was that everybody becomes sniper marksmen. The way Glenn was popping headshots out of a moving car. Fucking A.

26. zoooo

zoooo zero tolerance for walkers

Are we supposed to hate Rick's wife and want her to die horribly for being such a stupid cow?
    Or not?

27. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

That's one I never quite understand. Is it the difference between how we judge fictional characters and real people ? I think real people wouldn't always do the most clever things in situations of extreme stress and mortal danger, they would do desperate things, so I don't understand why audiences always want fictional characters to be heroic, noble, smartass or badass in those situations. What is it people hate so much about her ?

28. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

It's their boy we should worry about. He's got the markings of that proper wrong 'un, that boy does.

29. zoooo

zoooo zero tolerance for walkers

Most recently, the fact that Rick told her that psycho brick head (can't remember his name) was about to kill him, so he killed him in self defence, and apparently that deserves a massive strop and treating him like he's done something horrifically wrong.

What was he supposed to do differently? Let himself be killed? (By a man who by the way is a) nuts and b)trying to steal his wife and kid.)

She's barmy.

30. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

I think a little strop is understandable when your husband kills your boyfriend.

She also doesn't quite trust his story and Rick is generally loosing his grip on the group.