1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unwanted un-unistallable apps - anything I can do without rooting?

Discussion in 'mobiles and tablets' started by Corax, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Corax

Corax This will change your life: http://bit.ly/19lPFRa

Despite moving every non-widget app I can to the SD card, & archiving messages to PC then deleting them off the phone, My HTC Sensation (on Three) only has 285MB of 1.15GB of internal memory available. I've got a 32GB SD card in there now, so stacks of external memory to play with.

My guess is that a lot of it's being taken up by the nine hundred and forty six million stupid apps that were pre-installed or came with the ICS update. A stock browser I never use because Chrome shits on it, A 'mirror' :rolleyes:, A notes programme I don't want because Note Everything's better, Teeter (wut?), Reader, Watch, Some random Three stuff I've never looked at, and a fucking stock-market tracker.

I don't want to root my phone because I don't want to risk invalidating the warranty. It may well not be a huge risk, but I can't afford to replace the phone if something went wrong, and I'd be screwed without it.

But although not completely snail's pace, the phone is definitely slower to respond than I'm happy with. I want to it be snappy and eager to please like it used to be.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of these apps and free up more internal memory?

Or something else I should be doing?

On the plus side, it seems the ICS update removed the pre-installed gambling app that it came with. Who the fuck thought it was acceptable to package a phone with that? :facepalm:
  2. uk benzo

uk benzo أنا ليس أمريكي

yes, install 'super manager'. It allows you to uninstall apps that came with your ROM. Very handy!
    Kid_Eternity likes this.