1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiger Woods in a car crash

Discussion in 'general sports' started by Badgers, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Johnny Canuck3

Johnny Canuck3 Well-Known Member

Apparently Tiger has suspicious scratches on his face.
  2. DotCommunist

DotCommunist virtue without terror is impotent.

Maybe him and his missis were in the rough
  3. Johnny Canuck3

She heard about these alleged affairs, and she went green.
  4. Johnny Canuck3

I wonder if there's any truth in the rumor that the missus used a driver on the driver?
  5. dat brown skin

dat brown skin My issues have issues

It's too good to let go. Been keeping up with the gossip and just heard a voicemail he left for some other mistress he had....all coming out of the wood work.
  6. mattie

mattie missing in inaction

He likes the birdies.
  7. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

How many mistresses has this guy got?

He's obviously having no trouble finding the hole at the moment!
  8. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

transgressions
  9. King Biscuit Time

King Biscuit Time The highest British attention to the wrong detail.

I'd say he's the new Brian Harvey..

Only he hasn't got BH's rock-solid potato alibi.
  10. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

The ladies all love a great swing.
  11. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

Tiger Woods fined $164, for careless driving and to get points on his licence.
  12. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

So, what trouble is Federer about to get into? That would make it a triple whammy for Gillette, after that twat Henry.
  13. nick h.

nick h. Eat

So he marries a Swedish model, has two kids with her (the second is only 10 months old) but he carries on shagging everything. What a nasty, lying, shallow, hypocritical sack of shit.

[​IMG]
  14. mattie

Why on earth did she settle for him?

Oh.
  15. Barking_Mad

Barking_Mad Non sibi sed omnibus

For the win!

16. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

But is it really anyone's business but their's?
  17. mattie

The sponsors, but an argument could be made it's only an issue for them because it's an issue for the media.
  18. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Bathing in the golden gloop

What's the difference between a golf ball and a car?

Tiger Woods can drive a ball more than 300 yards.

:facepalm:
  19. twistedAM

Yes...until they provide me with an opt-out button for Gillette adverts and whatever else he flogs.
    He comes into my home uninvited; the media can go into his on my behalf.
  20. twistedAM

Well, I was hearing that his dad got a sports psychologist on board when Tiger was only three years old or something stupid like that, so he could be more competitive.
  21. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

I think you "invite him" when you press the on button. You can uninvite him anytime you like you know ;)
  22. twistedAM

Well yeah but my point was the media (and making money from it) is a two-edged sword. The hand that feeds has got teeth in it.
  23. kyser_soze

kyser_soze Hawking's Angry Eyebrow

24. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 Least LA person in LA

Sorry but why is this such a scandal?

From what I can tell:

- Golfing bloke has row with wife.
    - Drives off in a huff.
    - Has minor car crash.

Worthy of a newpaper column as he's a 'sleb perhaps but what's with this ongoing fucking drama? He was barely injured? What about when Ronaldo smashed up his Ferrari in a tunnel near Manchester airport? It barely got a mention and rightly so. He wasn't injured. End of.

Do famous husbands and wives not argue and smash things occasionally? What am I not getting here?
  25. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

I think this is bollocks. Claiming some kind of moral eye-for-an-eye justification to the prurient interest in other people's private lives.
  26. kyser_soze

kyser_soze Hawking's Angry Eyebrow

While I do tend to agree with the Faustian pact argument about the media, generally speaking that's reserved for pap-whores who sell the rights to their wedding to Hello!, OK! etc. A product endorsement, while carrying the whiff of that behaviour about it, isn't the same as spreading your legs for the press by giving up every intimate detail of your life in exchange for attention and money.

It is, however, the latest in a long line of what should be examples to marketers of 'Never use a celebrity sportsperson in your marketing', because it's almost guaranteed that as soon as you sign up X for X millions, they'll fuck up in some monumental way.
  27. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

I think along similar lines Kyser. Tiger Woods is famous as a golfer. He has never presented himself as a moral force, nor has he done any tabloid style profile boosting publicity stunts. I don't really see what his sex life has to do with anyone other than those involved.
  28. Gingerman

Gingerman Is a great bunch of lads.....

Yep,now if he was a God bothering judgemental fundie loon I could understand people commenting on his private family troubles but hes never come across as one.
  29. nick h.

nick h. Eat

Most of the volume on this story is racism. If he was white this would be just another bit of celeb gossip. The media has orgasms over the downfall of a rich, successful black guy.
  30. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

Um, do u remember the fallout when Becks got rumbled having an 'indisgression'? I know he won 'Black Man of the Year' somewhat hilariously a few years ago but the boy's white. This has nothing to do with racism imo.