1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 'Everyone hates Rangers' thread.

Discussion in 'football' started by Balbi, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

The former had me chuckling, the latter was a fairly good footballer.

2. manny-p

manny-p candy coloured clown

Agreed. I got my da a dvd of an old gig of his for xmas. We put it on and I was like this is shite.

3. revol68

revol68 what, fucking what?

really? some of his stuff is great.

the sectarian chanting podcast is good too, I don't see how it could make anyone fail to atleast snigger.

Mrs Browns Boys more your thing is it?

4. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Turned out nice again

very droll :)

5. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

Nah, we've had this debate before, it just doesn't do it for me. The sectarian podcast was just unfunny, Frankie Boyle and others have done funnier, arguably even more brutal stuff. Limmy I just don't like. I find his comedy as much of a waste of the license fee as the, utterly woeful Mrs Browns Boys, perhaps one day they'll both say something funny, I won't hold my breath though.

6. manny-p

Frankie Boyle is shite.

revol68 likes this.
  7. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

Just a matter of different tastes.

8. manny-p

You remind me of Phil. The english celtic supporter ;)

9. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

Boyle is good. I like my comedy brutal and don't think there should be any boundaries.

10. revol68

Frankie Boyle is pish, he thinks he's offensive and subversive but he's just a try hard cunt hitting easy targets, Limmy shits all over him.

11. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

Don't be fucking silly... Limmy is to comedy what Ian Paisley is to calm, relaxed quiet speaking.

12. revol68

yeah he's really pushing boundaries taking the piss out of easy targets. I'm a fan of very dark and fucked up humour but Frankie Boyle is just a sad twat doing "safe" shock.

13. manny-p

14. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

Let's get back on track here to hate anything Rangers. I sometimes think you are all just part time haters.

15. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

To be fair her then boyfriend was a martial arts fighter, so I don't see where the safe part comes into it.

16. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

indeed, I suppose we should at least concentrate on your team whilst it's still here..... Be a shame to waste such precious time.

17. manny-p

hope the wee shite gets leathered (Boyle).

18. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

I hate Chelsea more. A London based message board and you can't even find enough Chelsea fans to have a Chelsea season thread. Says it all, really.

manny-p likes this.
  19. Ungrateful

Ungrateful Tired and Weary

Oh dear, someone does have delusions of grandeur. I guess some foreign press (other than English and Irish papers) might just be giving it some coverage - in the same way that Ropbert Maxwell's insane attempt to take over Betar Jerusalem was given an inch or two in the European press - A kind of 'look at those nutters over there' style coverage. A column inch in the 'foreign sports round up' next to the results of Palnackie's flounder tramping contest, sadly does not make your team significant.

People are easily sidetracked, including yourself, because they don't really care. Ranger's fate is a matter of trivial drama, like Celebrity Big Brother. If you Rangers did disappear - which as I say I really doubt that you will - in a decade's time you'd be simply remembered as a criminal's plaything. You'd be below Third Lanark in the national consciousness, as at least many football fans look back on them fondly.

Anyway back to more pressing matters, how much does Frankie Boyle's act borrow from Jerry Sadowitz?

20. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

A fair bit i'd say.

21. manny-p

Fedayn did you actually like tremador nights? Or whatever that pish excuse for a comedy show was.

22. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

Did you mean 'Tramadol Nights'?

Was very hit and miss, frankly mainly the latter. I think it showed that he's not a sketch type comedian and should stick to stand up.

manny-p likes this.
  23. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

Individual team threads are shit.

24. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

You're wrong there. You might think dropping Betar Jerusalem is clever but the nearest equivalent to this situation was Fiorentina's a few years back. And, in some respects Rangers are/were a bigger club in Europe than them.
    In another respect though they're not cos Fiorentina were in Serie A, a big league, while Rangers are in a much smaller league. That's probably why no one cares in Europe (if that's actually true); not because of the club but because of the country they come from.

25. DexterTCN

DexterTCN 18-9-14

Like your football.

26. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

Err... No, I'm not missing anything. But you are. By illegally evading some of the tax they were obliged to pay, they had more money to spend on buying players, and paying them. In that way, the tax evasion bought them an unfair advantage on the pitch, insofar as clubs which paid all their tax didn't have that money to spend on buying players etc. My point is whether gaining an unfair advantage on the pitch from illegal activities renders some of the titles that were won during that time of cheating should mean those titles are invalid.

27. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

And women.

28. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

August 2009 - Rangers vs Man City
    You chumps:D

[​IMG]

29. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

A game we won.