1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 'Everyone hates Rangers' thread.

Discussion in 'football' started by Balbi, Feb 16, 2012.

1. danny la rouge

danny la rouge Surrender your women and your intellectuals!

Oh! I always thought it was Wee Arra' People. The people of small arrows.
  2. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

I do look back with pride, but also with pride to the future of a Rangers owned by the fans.
  3. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

The size of one's arrow is not important, but where it is pointed.
  4. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

We'll see.
  5. tar1984

tar1984 write a song, i'll sing along

There's not an awful lot to be proud of in rangers' history, plenty to be ashamed of though.
  6. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

Haters gonna hate.
  7. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

I don't like Rangers at all, but that's a really daft thing to say.
  8. tar1984

I don't see much to be proud of considering the context of the 'success'.
  9. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

What is the context ? Four young men form a football club which became the most successful football club in the world. All this hate will really do you damage.
  10. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

Do you honestly think Rangers are the most successful football club in the world? Really and truly, with all your heart, cross it and hope to die?
  11. tar1984

Hate :D call it disdain.
  12. editor

What context?
  13. tar1984

Exploiting sectarianism for financial gain. Acting as a conduit for public bigotry.

The economic gap between rangers and every other team than celtic means those domestic titles are hardly achievements anyway.
  14. editor

So it's all been one way in your eyes, then?
  15. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

:D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D:D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D :D :D:D

:D

A Cup Winners' Cup and bankruptcy. Not even the most successful club in your own city, mate.
  16. tar1984

No, it goes back and forth between rangers and celtic.
  17. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

Don't let facts get in the way of your lies.
  18. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

Why bother with him. A couple of good years and it's back to being the supporter of a small club. Always on the outside looking in.
  19. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

Lies? As opposed to your ludicrous suggestion that Rangers are the most successful club in the world. In case you didn't realise, international success at club level is traditionally measured in European Cup/Champions' League wins. So, as well as being behind Celtic, you're behind such giants as Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest. And losing (1-4) to such European legends as Unurea Urziceni!
  20. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

In case you didn't realise we have won more major trophies than any other club in the world. This is what successful means.
  21. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

Just for the record, does "major trophies" include "Scottish league titles"?
    tar1984 likes this.
  22. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

Don't be ridiculous. The Scottish league and cup titles are not major trophies. The only major trophies in international club football are the Copa Libertadores and the European Cup/Champions League, and, at a push the Uefa Cup. Rangers haven't one any of them.

It would be fair to say that Rangers are the most successful team in domestic football in Scotland. But nothing more. Celtic's European success means that Rangers can't even claim to be the most successful Scottish club.

You're big fish in a tiny pond.

Soon, you won't even be that.
  23. editor

Same applies to all Scottish clubs, no?
  24. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

Not the second part, no. They're not all going bust.
  25. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

I could have put in Glasgow cups and such so yes it does.
  26. editor

Still a tiny pond that will be even smaller if Rangers go bust.
  27. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

That you know of.
  28. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

With the worse kind of pond life left.
  29. Ich bin ein Mod

Ich bin ein Mod does his make up in his room

What do you have against Albion Rovers?
  30. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

*imforms Inverness Caledonian Thistle F.C. fan*