1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 'Everyone hates Rangers' thread.

Discussion in 'football' started by Balbi, Feb 16, 2012.

1. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

Chess club cancelled ?

2. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

Talking of clubs being cancelled... :D

3. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

As far as i know we play Kilmarnock on Saturday.

4. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

Just try to enjoy every moment of it.

5. tar1984

tar1984 write a song, i'll sing along

I bet there'll be a few proud, defiant tears shed at ibrox this weekend :D

6. Ich bin ein Mod

Ich bin ein Mod does his make up in his room

Even though they've cheated and avoided taxes? What's more, their fans have openly celebrated the fact they've shafted the taxpayer. Fuck them.

7. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

I would imagine the camera men will have a field day with the outpouring of what might be lost. I might even listen to it on the radio.:D

8. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

Stealing from 'HER MAJESTY's Revenue and Customs.'

9. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

Thanks to all the wee clubs fans for helping us get to 54 titles. We really couldn't have done it without you.

10. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

Your club would do exactly the same given the circumstances. That's the nature of football these days, sadly.

So, no, I won't be whooping with joy at the prospect of a football team going bust.

11. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw No Gravitas Allowed

My old local became a no-go area within about six months of taking on a Celtic bus that had been kicked out of another local pub. It went from a mixed football-friendly place, but mostly a drinkers place, to regulars being called "Hun Bastards" because we were not Celtic supporters. No matter that I had, and have, a season ticket for the local team in the town that pretty much everybody involved grew up in. So basically fuck bigots. It ain't just Rangers supporters.

Corax and editor like this.
  12. inflatable jesus

inflatable jesus I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

We have our share of arseholes, no doubt about it.

13. Ich bin ein Mod

Actually, when Celtic signed Juninho they looked at using an EBT to pay him, thankfully our chairman decided they were dodgy as fuck and scrapped it. So no, my club had the opportunity to do exactly the same but chose instead to pay the correct levels of tax. So fuck them.

imposs1904 likes this.
  14. editor

That's just luck and circumstance. The fans have fuck all to do with what goes on at board room level and it'll be them that suffers if the club goes down.

15. Ich bin ein Mod

Conveniently missing the part where the fans have shown no anger at the tax dodging antics of the board and indeed fully endorsed that course of action.

16. editor

Oh sorry. Yes, your fans are so much superior in every way and definitely occupy the higher moral ground. Is that what you wanted to hear?

17. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

Torbett ring any bells regarding dodging antics ?

18. Ich bin ein Mod

I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm just giving my reasons for not shedding a tear for them.

19. editor

If you're a real football fan, you should care when a team goes under: even when it's your bitterest rival.

20. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

oh we do care

just in more of a :D:D:D sort of way

21. Ich bin ein Mod

Who do I need to prove myself to to be awarded this "real football fan" tag? I'll feel for my friends if RFC do cease to exist, but I won't feel sorry for the club.

22. tar1984

I completely disagree. I am a football fan but rangers have been strangling competitive football here for decades, not to mention still being stuck in 1690 when the rest of the country (for the most part) has moved on. If they go bust I will be genuinely pleased.

23. editor

And you think that will be good for Scottish football overall?

24. tar1984

Yep.

25. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

The fact that my club and every other club would do exactly the same these days is exactly why I will whoop with joy at the prospect of a football team going bust. Fuck them all.

26. editor

So you'd whoop with joy if your own team went bust too?

:confused:

27. kabbes

kabbes kah-bus

I would now, yes. Fucking twats, the lot of them.

28. anchorage

anchorage banned Banned

Sky have offered ally a job with more money than he would get at Ibrox, only problem is ally can't fit sky dishes.

siramone and twistedAM like this.
  29. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

:D 54 Scottish titles. :D

Still, I shouldn't knock it; it will be something for you to look back on, when the rest of us are actually watching our clubs on a Saturday afternoon.

30. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

Having watched McCoist's press conference today, I must say I have more respect for him now. Cant imagine too many other managers publically calling for their chairman to explain where the money has gone.