1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 'events welsh peeps might be interested in' thread.

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by Dic Penderyn, May 16, 2007.

1. zog

zog wants to be an aardvark

Nice one. Will miss the opening (and free beer) as I'm out of town, but will pop along for sure whilst it's on.
  2. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

same ere!
    ta JK
  3. Clint Iguana

Clint Iguana not an undercover cop

http://www.rheolafestival.co.uk/

Festival just off heads of valley between Glyn Neath and Resolven. Line up aint out of this world, The Zombies are headlining, but its only £50 and its not far (for me anyway)
  4. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

5. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

This is an odd one. Was announced in Hollywood yesterday, thought first it was a Welsh leg of some sort of tour, but this is the only one. Apart from the fact that cardiff is the capital of god's country seems a bit odd we should be chosen. maybe he had a had a special place in his heart for us after he last played here.lol
  6. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

Can we look forward to the Manics doing a cover of Smooth Criminal or the Phonics doinbg Billie Jean?
  7. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

tis to do with the event company and what they offered from what i read
  8. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

We might be up in Keyaaaaardiff next week. What's going on?!
  9. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

10. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

on City Hall lawn
    free but searches for booze etc
  11. Threshers_Flail

Threshers_Flail No English, Straight Patois.

The Hypnotic Brass Ensemble are playing on the Saturday of Big Weekend, I couldn't recommend them enough they are quality live. Shame I'm in work. :(
  12. editor

I'm heading up deep into the valleys on the Saturday, but I could be up for checking out the Big Weekend action on Friday night.
  13. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

might be able to sort you a photo/press pass if you want to take pics and can be arsed bringing a camera
  14. editor

I'll have a camera anyway so if it's no bother put me down for one or two (I was thinking of email them anyway)! I should be able to make the Fri and Sun events.
  15. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

I'll going to watch Dodgy on saturday.
  16. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

:(
    how much are they paying you?
  17. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

Mates innit, sort of!
  18. Dic Penderyn

Dic Penderyn Newport Civic Pride!

The (no longer Big) Green Gathering is in Chepstow this year: http://greengathering2011.com/

I'm there right now, waiting for the rest of my crew to turn up to set up. Lush site. Very, er, 'tree huggy', but well worth coming to if your into this sort of thing...
  19. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

It's possible?? we might check this out next year, would be cool to read your review.

Saying that though, there are several other potentially good festivals this particular weekend ... :confused:
  20. ginger_syn

ginger_syn ¿¤^

I might venture out to catch them myself, ta for the reminder had forgotten it was this weekend.
  21. Clint Iguana

22. Clint Iguana

its not, its next weekend
  23. Clint Iguana

you sure? i thought they were on Sunday
  24. ginger_syn

ginger_syn ¿¤^

I'm pants with dates :) .
  25. Silurian

Silurian Not 'English' anymore.

BLACKWOOD MINERS INSTITUTE. Wednesday 2nd November 7.30pm

'Accidental Death of An Anarchist'

Did he fall or was he pushed? Responding to events unfolding in Italy in the late 1960s and early 1970s, this hugely popular farce is based on real events involving an anarchist who, whilst being held in police custody, fell - or was thrown - from the fourth floor window of a Milan police station.

Comic, farcical and occasionally verging on slapstick, the play gains momentum at a cracking pace as the cleverly snappy dialogue explodes like gunfire to reveal a masterly plot in an attempt to ridicule the police and expose a cover up.

Ages: 14+
    Tickets: £12.00 / £10.00
    zog likes this.
  26. editor

I reckon we'll be around for the shindig outside the City Hall on Friday if anyone's about.
  27. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

Just been told that SFA are playing a surprise gig tonight in Barry!!!
  28. pauld

pauld Well-Known Member

29. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

was prob Wibidi with 2 members of SFA in it
  30. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

Jacko will be there HIMSELF to perform as he RISES from the DEAD! :eek:

tis all a conspiracy see :hmm:
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...ar-at-cardiff-tribute-concert-91466-29230239/
    brilliant