1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILED)

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by Lord Camomile, Jul 18, 2012.

1. ruffneck23

ruffneck23 Well-Known Member

Ive just come back from seeing it and LOVED it. I watched BB and TDK over the last week to prepare and I now strangely enough think the Dark Knight to be the weakest of the 3 , but thats not saying much as I think its the best triology of films ive seen in a long while if not ever.

I was sitting there at times thinking it didnt even feel like a Batman film and that was no bad thing.

The only bad thing about it was the couple in the seats across from me who somehow got thier ( approx age ) 3 and 5 year old kids into the cinema who started whinging and crying, i think they had no respect for thier kids as they shouldnt be watching that type of film and no respect fro the rest of the cinema , cunts :mad:

2. youngian

youngian Well-Known Member

I would agree, there was a lot of Basil Exposition stuff that we could of worked out and I couldn't hear a lot of Tom Hardy anyway, who sounded like Boris Karloff with a bucket on his head.
    Once Bane executed his plan the film was compulsive.

Not familiar with Anne Hathaway, who stars in films I avoid, so she was the biggest surprise. Nolan's Batman characters tend to be po-faced (especially Bale) but her performance was cool and witty without camping it up totally.

Michael Caine got to do some good Michael Caine impressions, including the deployment of his pièce de résistance; emotional low voice with a tear in his ear.

Gary Oldman was the same as he was in the other two- just effing great.

3. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

Everyone complains about Bane's voice but he was perfectly understandable to me..!

4. ruffneck23

Same as , had no problem hearing Bane at all....

5. Onslow

Onslow More Ghetto than Netto

The autopilot was broken on that flight thing (it said during the film)....BUT..after you think he's dead...you hear Lucius Fox talking to one of the engineers because hes noticed that the autopilot had been fixed, and he asks when and by who, and the engineeer says 'it was fixed by Mr Wayne , sir'.

so hes obvs set the autopilot and jumped out, wanting all of Gotahm to think hes dead so he can go off with Ms Kyle. He's not soft that one yanno.

6. ruffneck23

i understood that but on reflection, im wondering, if the ' bat ' got blown up with the bomb , what was lucius looking at as surely a 4 megaton bomb would have vapourised it ? its a plot hole i can live with as i hadnt thought about it that much until now..

7. Onslow

Onslow More Ghetto than Netto

ah ok. I thought it was the software he was looking at, not the actual 'Bat'.

8. ruffneck23

you could be right but im sure there was a batterd ' bat ' in the background...

9. bouncer_the_dog

bouncer_the_dog I draw things

Batman Begins is easily the best of the trilogy

october_lost, METH LAB and B0B2oo9 like this.
  10. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

When Fox first demonstrated the Bat he mentioned that there was also a black one. Of course there'd be spares, like there were several tumblers.

11. ruffneck23

if there were so many spares then wouldnt have Bane found them like he did the tumblers?

12. bouncer_the_dog

Hollywood action films, especially comic book ones no one says anything and nothing happens without it directly being linked to somthing that will happen or explaining somthing that did happen.

So in the first bit of the film where LF says 'OH YES AND IT HAS AUTOPILOT LOL' it was fookin obvious that Bats was going to pretend to be dead when he inevitably crashed it into something in approx 2hrs time. Its like Alfred saying 'OK im leaving the film now as its all gonna be bane-tasti I wonder were ill go perhaps that Italian cafe i was going on about earlier to drink sherry guess ill see you there when you fake your death at the end'

Not that I'm complaining, I found it all highly enjoyable.

13. bouncer_the_dog

I was dissapointed it wasn't more weird and hard to hear..

14. Kid_Eternity

There was a mention of more high end tech being hidden elsewhere wasn't there?

15. ruffneck23

i wouldnt be surprised , cant remember it myself , im sure il see it again in the next few weeks and check again, but even if it was a plot hole, i dont really care lol didint detract from the spectacle at all :)

16. gosub

gosub ~#

So how did bloke with no money or passport get from West Africa to Gotham in a day?

17. captainmission

captainmission Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. DexterTCN

DexterTCN 18-9-14

He's Batman?

19. Kid_Eternity

How did he get back from North Korea or wherever it was in BB?

20. Santino

Easy, he rang Alfred and reversed the charges.

21. ruffneck23

he didnt , it was India :p /pedant

22. Fez909

Fez909 um...

Another disappointing blockbuster. I should've learned by now that these films aren't for me, and I'm starting to agree with Reno (I think it was), who said Nolan is the most overrated director in the world.

Someone I was with last night said TDKR was the greatest action film ever and Nolan was really the best director in the last 20 years. I couldn't be arsed to argue so I just smiled.

23. Jeff Robinson

Jeff Robinson Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it. Hathaway's character was the highlight. The heavyhanded conservative political message was the lowlight.

24. Santino

I would say it was a mixed message. What enabled Bane to take over the city? Aggressive, predatory capitalism (personified by Daggett) aided by laissez-faire liberalism (Bruce Wayne).

october_lost likes this.
  25. DexterTCN

DexterTCN 18-9-14

/can't be arsed
    :)

26. elevendayempire

elevendayempire Registered Loofah

Batman Begins shows he's pretty adept at surviving on his wits alone – he spends a good chunk of that film working his way through China with nowt but the shirt on his back.

27. DexterTCN

DexterTCN 18-9-14

He probably used his Batphone.

ruffneck23 likes this.
  28. Jeff Robinson

Jeff Robinson Well-Known Member

...and the assistance of malleable, vengeful and nihilistic masses. I think the film was essentially Dickensian in its message (indeed, parts of the plot are based on a Tale of Two Cities): it recognises certain injustices under the status quo but warns that the alternatives are far worse. Trickle-down economics, plutocratic philanthropy and the rolling back of civil liberties are presented as the solutions whilst collective political projects and radical transformation are doomed to fall under the sway of demagogues.

firky and Idris2002 like this.
  29. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 Least LA person in LA

It was by far the worst of the three. Total bollocks.

october_lost likes this.
  30. revol68

revol68 what, fucking what?

It's a call for better more paternal capitalism so that people don't fall prey to extremism.

Found myself cheering for Bane through much of it, especially when the cops came streaming out of the tunnels (surprisingly clean shaven!), I was chuffed when the cop in the white gloves turned up dead.

october_lost likes this.