1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by cliche guevara, Feb 15, 2008.

1. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

I noticed the other night that Sheldon refereed to a fear of heights as 'vertigo', whereas vertigo is only the condition some people with a fear of heights (acrophobia) experience when they are high up. You can have vertigo sitting on the floor.

rollinder likes this.
  2. boohoo

boohoo Crazy Tired Lady

Darlene, her boyfriend (who plays Leonard) and Roseanne's sister who plays Sheldon's mum.

3. ATOMIC SUPLEX

Wow that post was so old, I of course know all that now. My wife has become addicted to the BBT.
    My four year old daughter knows all their full names.

frogwoman likes this.
  4. boohoo

boohoo Crazy Tired Lady

I did kind of think that when I was typing it....:D

5. frogwoman

frogwoman I welcome your experience

I love it :D

6. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

love it here too :cool:

7. D'wards

D'wards Amiable Nitwit

love it here three

8. Mogden

Mogden I like tea

Love it here. Not sure if it's more for the programme or the fact that there are so many of my teenage TV favourites in it!

9. D'wards

D'wards Amiable Nitwit

10. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

i admit i like it. its not exactly in the same league as arrested development or seinfeld but its definitely better than stuff like two and a half men and everybody loves raymond.

what would make it a great comedy is if they got rid of the women and just had it about four bitter, lonely nerds. comedies are always better when the protagonists lead pathetic lives

11. danny la rouge

danny la rouge Anti-homelessness stud.

No, it's better.

frogwoman likes this.
  12. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

the big bang theory is not better than seinfeld ffs

13. danny la rouge

Yes it is. It's got some laughs in it.

14. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

never had you down as a troll

15. scooter

scooter Well-Known Member

Do you reckon they ruined Howard's character by giving him a girlfriend? His whole schtick was his ability to creep out women and his hugely inflated self image in spite of this. Now that's all gone and he seems to have no reason to be there any more.

frogwoman and girasol like this.
  16. danny la rouge

I'm serious. I don't get Seinfeld. I've never laughed at it. I don't see what's good about it. A moany guy you can't like moans, and his unlike-able but dull friends moan too. So what?

BBT, despite being fixated on cliches ranging from Jewish dietary requirements (any conversation with Howard not mention them?) to geekdom, at least makes me laugh.

frogwoman and temper_tantrum like this.
  17. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

definitely. they're determined to get all four of them into happy relationships which is a shame but it was inevitable i suppose

18. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

not all of it is great obviously but its far more good than bad and when its very good theres not much better. george costanza could be the best sitcom character ever

19. danny la rouge

I'm sorry, I just think it's over-rated tripe. Self-absorbed middle class whining. Which might be OK if it was funny, but it isn't. It's pointless. In my opinion.

Just because I don't like it doesn't mean I'm "trolling". I just happen not to like something some other people like. I could just as easily say that people only like it because the Guardian told them to, and that I'm bravely denouncing the Emperor's New Clothes.

20. Jeff Robinson

Jeff Robinson Well-Known Member

It's really hard to beat Seinfeld, the last three seasons particularly. It's my joint favourate comedy alongside the Office. The BBT is probably the best 'not great' comedy there is currently.

21. starfish

starfish Aloof but effective.

Is season 5 still on E4 on thursdays. I havent seen it for a couple of weeks.

22. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

I'm more than a bit creeped out by his girlfriend's resemblance to his mother.

23. danny la rouge

I'm not sure if I should say this, but I think the Office was vastly over-rated. It was just OK at best. I couldn't re-watch an episode of it. And I thought series two was significantly worse than series one. And Extras was dire.

24. ATOMIC SUPLEX

I'm with you. Everybody raves about it (people whose raves I usually respect) but I always just thought it was shit.

danny la rouge likes this.
  25. danny la rouge

I've never seen his mother. Do we get to see her?

26. ATOMIC SUPLEX

I hope not. Maybe she means the shouting voice.

27. danny la rouge

:D I usually disagree with you on TV programmes, but I think we need to stick together on this one!

28. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

theres a lot to hate about it - jerry seinfeld's standup at the beginning of almost every episode, the bass between scenes, the fact jerry seinfeld cant act, kramer being no where near as funny as a lot of people say he is (although sometimes michael richards could be excellent like when he was putting concrete into the washing machine)

29. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

Yes, the shouty voice is exactly the same. It's also creepy how quickly she's started behaving like his mother.

30. starfish

starfish Aloof but effective.

Damn youtube. Wont embed. But this was very funny.