1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE Ashton Court thread

Discussion in 'Bristol and South West' started by djbombscare, Apr 5, 2006.

1. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

I might meet people for brekie (well elevensies around eleven) if it's central.
  2. 3_D

3_D skill

Ashton Court to Parkway? Forget it! About 10 miles and a pretty convoluted treck across the city. From Temple Meads station it would be about 3 miles - still a bastard of a hike. Get a cab.
  3. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

...or a bus from temple meads into the centre and another bus out (that's what I'm planning anyways)
  4. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Ezekiel 23:20

Don't the Welsh trains stop at Lawrence Hill too ?
  5. ddraig

ddraig obstreperous eastside

apparently not
    Lawrence Hill (Rail)

Start of journey
    leave 23:06

Walk
    4 mins

Walk to Lawrence Hl Stn (C), Lawrence Hill, Lawrence Hill

Lawrence Hl Stn (C), Lawrence Hill, Lawrence Hill

Change here
    depart 23:10

Bus 43A
    7 mins

Take FIRST (BRISTOL)/43A towards Cribbs Causeway

arrive 23:17 Bond Street (RC), BOND STREET, Broadmead

Change here

Walk
    2 mins

Walk to North Street (RN), NORTH STREET, Kingsdown

North Street (RN), NORTH STREET, Kingsdown

Change here
    depart 23:37

Bus 73A
    23 mins

Take FIRST (BRISTOL)/73A towards CRIBBS CAUSEWAY

arrive 00:00 Bristol Parkway Station, Stoke Gifford

Change here
    Bristol Parkway
    Change here
    depart 00:05

Train
    43 mins

Take First Great Western towards Cardiff Central
    Buffet service Reservations available First and standard class

arrive 00:48 Cardiff Central
    :confused:
  6. strung out

strung out (",)

that's quite a journey :D wouldn't envy you doing that
  7. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Great in principle :) but I don't really know the cafes in the centre, I'll be relying on my hosts, who I don't see til tonight!

Hopefully see you at the fest though ... :)

And others in the Bell at 9 tonight! :) :D
  8. Callie

Callie Pivoting

It should be easy enough to meet you william on the SUNDAY morning for the brekkie - Im confused now. I did specify Sunday because my friends that were going to come to AC and now can't stay suggested going for the brekkie Sunday morning before they leave. Are you guys going for a brekkie Saturday? :confused:
  9. fizzerbird

fizzerbird La louche Queen

ddraig...make your way via bus to the center of town and then get a pick up bus from outside colston hall ( i think?...check AC webby for transport details ) to Ashton Court.

Isn't Halyz coming also/ Could you not hook up wiv her?

Plenty peeps about making there way up...I'm coming from the opposite end of town or I'd be more helpful! :rolleyes:

I'll pm you my mobby so you can give me call if ya wanna hook up at festy.

Right now I'm off to dance to YMCA and the birdie song...fek sake:rolleyes:
  10. fizzerbird

Oh and I've remembered to pack these...[​IMG];)
  11. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

How about we do brekkie on sunday. That way I can bring my little one with me too.
  12. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Ezekiel 23:20

That would suit me too ...

It's a bit of a ritual for me making my own way to the festival on the first day at least .....

Actuellement ..... I believe many kinds of breakfast are available at the site :)
  13. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

That sounds alright,we can talk about it :)

I will do a brekkie on Saturday, but could easily do a Sunday one as well :)

Heading for the coach very soon now ...
  14. ddraig

ddraig obstreperous eastside

cheers fizzer, prob not gonna be able to make it now :( and don't think haylz is either.
    i did that bus thing last year and it was a mahoosive q, so thought i'd be clever and foloow people and then ended up havin to get a bus in traffic anyway. my fault for arriving in bristol so late.
    not gettin there i'm worried about just be able to tear myself away to get home :D

enjoy everyone :)
  15. Callie

Callie Pivoting

Aww thats a shame :( would have been nice to see you both! and EJ too - anyone else dropping out? :p

breakfast on the sunday is Go! then :cool: Im crap at organising things - sorry to have flapped about the date :D

me and krs were thinking of going to the central cafe which is on a road round the corner a bit from here...near rupert st or something like that? just need to check theyre actually gonna be open on sunday :oops:
  16. fizzerbird

awwwww mate :( and at haylz :(

Hopefully catch up wiv yas at some point in the summer...mebbe a trip to welshwales is in order...I'm trying to sort ut coming to that festy tjngy in cardiff...
  17. fizzerbird

I'm up and waiting for the sparkly one to arrive veh soonish...yes I know its stupid 0'clock but we have everything planned military stylish....MHWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA,,,I'm in such a silly festy mood!

Oh and my mate from work will be joining us as her friends have been larry let downs. Should be interesting as she knows very little about what I get up to after work...well the true extent of the shinanigans anyway...cripes!:eek:

Oh and she knows nothing about message boards on tinternet either!!! lol

<imagines introducing her to loads of peeps with funny names>

She's gonna teach me poi so you have been warned!

It's gonna be warm today but pack a mac...little light showers middayish could happen...rather that than the scorching heat we've had of late TBH.

Right, I'm orf to put cream on my rash...laters taters! :D
  18. geminisnake

geminisnake a complex mass of conflicting ideas

Have fun everyone :)

(((to you all)))
  19. fat hamster

fat hamster Banned Banned

Is she there yet? Is she there yet? :)

Really hoping to see the sparkly one (and the fizzy one ;) ) at some point this weekend, even though I prolly won't get to AC.
  20. nellyphant

nellyphant visitor from Dimension X

I don't know anywhere in the centre that does good veggies breakies. I'm not veggie anymore but I've had a couple in the Prom and they're pretty good, it's about 20-25mins from the centre - it'll build up your appetitie though! :)
  21. nellyphant

How about the Cuban place (I can't remember the name) along Welshback, that does quite good brekkies if I remember. I haven't been there since last summer and you can sit outside.

There's also the Muddock Cafe - that's pretty good for all types of brekkies and you get a nice view over the riverside - very cool early in the morning watching the city spring into life!

Both are reletively near to each other so at least you'd have options if one was busy or the menu wasn't to your liking.

Hope this helps :D
  22. geminisnake

Waves at Hammy, coz she'll likely be back to see it :D

How's it going??
  23. nellyphant

If you need to get to Bristol Parkway, I'd suggest walking from Ashton Court to the bottom of Stokes Croft (30-40mins walk tops) and catching a bus on the left hand side of the road up to Parkway (yep 73A). It should take about 30mins but they are quite frequent (approx. every 10-15mins). Alternitively a taxi may be a speedier escape (I've got one for about £10 before, by the time you've added up seprate train/bus fares and taking into account that Bristol buses are SHITE, it may be cheaper and less hassle too!)

Good luck and hopefully see you there!:D
  24. Crispy

Crispy Fond of drink and industry

3:00 Pie Minister? Nope. 3:30? Nope. 5? 7? 9? Nope. :mad: Where was everyone? :(

We'll be wandering around tomorrow, and will check pie minister every now and then. 3 oclock?
  25. geminisnake

If they were where they were last year, and the pie stall is in roughly the same place try standing back to pie stall and head at roughly 45degree angle left, can't remember distance, do you know what anyone looks like? That'd help. They were up from the main orange stage last year. Near the man selling helium balloons.
  26. Crispy

Crispy Fond of drink and industry

Yeah, we know people - just a lack of phone numbers! In fact, if anyone's reading this who'll be around tomorrow, could you PM me or sparrow with a phone number so we can meet up? Ta :)
  27. Callie

Callie Pivoting

Well i think the breakfast idea is off :oops: everyone is asleep pretty much but im still going to go and meet my friends at 12.30 for breakfast/brunch they had a bit of a poo time last night :(

if anyone else wants to arrange the proper breakfast be my guest!! :p
  28. geminisnake

Did you pm Crispy some numbers lady?? Don't want to phone and maybe wake folk.
  29. Callie

Callie Pivoting

Ive pm'd him mine, my phone was getting fairly good reception yesterday so that should be fine.
  30. boskysquelch

boskysquelch Banned Banned

I've pm'ed him anothers number too whose prolly with spacey and the Bath lot. :)

I'll pm you with it too Callie in case. :p