1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE Ashton Court thread

Discussion in 'Bristol and South West' started by djbombscare, Apr 5, 2006.

1. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Nadie espera a la babosa española

How about one of those tacky disposable marquees from the pound shop ?

2. Callie

Callie Pivoting

Yay sparkling!!! thats wicked that is :cool:
  3. Iam

Iam New Member

I may have to sleep all weekend this one coming... I have a trip to Manchester/Liverpool for the weekend after next, then AC the following weekend. Yipes.

*cancels all plans to buy anything soon*

:D
  4. fizzerbird

fizzerbird La louche Queen

Thats ok coz sparkling does a great impression of a facilitating starfish.

She can 'facilitate' an agreeable outcome between your rod and the fish. :cool:
  5. sparkling

sparkling Townie learning to be country

Let the man go fishing you and I both know he'll need to store up some calm and tranquility in order to cope with us and the weekend in general...when I get lost and wonder about Ashton court all scared I want a calm and happy bombscare searching for me.:p ;)

I've got appointments all day on Friday in work and wouldn't be able to leave till the evening anyway so was actually thinking of getting up early on Saturday and leaving home about 6ish getting to you about 9ish hopefully...well thats if I go the right way round the M25 of course.

Only drawback to this cunning plan might be that I peak to soon and start flaking out about 10 pm...wonder if there is anything I could take for this?;)
  6. djbombscare

djbombscare Plays with knives

7. Isambard

Isambard Dab of Rioja, Kitten? :D

A big pie from Pieminister perhaps?

Wish I knew what they put in the gravy. :D
  8. fizzerbird

Excellent plan! :cool:

I'll buy some extra 'guarana gum' for us both ;)

Besides, don't wanna get too carried away saturday, we have the Sunday also!

Can't wait! Yay! :D
  9. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Breaking in my bra

So.... does anyone know if they are putting on buses there and back this year?
  10. Isambard

Isambard Dab of Rioja, Kitten? :D

What is guano gum?
    Is a South Bristol speciaity I'll have to give a go?

<looks like shy retiring wallflower>

Kali, TBH the buses back was a nightmare last year. On the 2nd day I got the bus all chilled and cool cos I left in the middle of the last big band, Zion Train I think. On the 1st day it was absalutely fucking mental and the walk back to central Bristol was less of a hassle than trying to get a bus. It took less than an hour I think.
  11. djbombscare

Its Guarana

[​IMG]

And its not made from Bat shit either thats guano :D
  12. Sweaty Betty

Sweaty Betty Hemo rising!

Right im gonna give this a go.....

What do i need?????

Im good at travelling tres light and finding places i have never been to.
    Just a little list of essentials would help....
  13. gentlegreen

What's this, your expedition to Brazil to track down the mysterious Paulina Cupana tree ?

Or a similarly dangerous mission to North Somerset :eek: ?

:D
  14. Sweaty Betty

I know, but its all in the expectation..

You see there is a chance that when i finally get to a festival, i may never go back home again:D Thats what my mum has always said and my boyfriend actually....I would bring him as well, but the thought of slumming it sends his hygene OCD into overload

Tell me......are there any travelling circus's at this shin dig.....?:D :D
  15. djbombscare

The only travelling circus I know that will be there will be the "Fizz and Sparkling open air event"
  16. Sweaty Betty

Will they be recriuting do ya think????:D
  17. fizzerbird

We may well be haylz my lovely! Always on the look out for new talent!

You really gonna visit? Yay! :cool: :D
  18. djbombscare

Oh I think that them recruiting is a foregone.

It'll just happen. One minute your just watching then all of a sudden your in the middle and part of it. Then you'll be walking around singing "wo wo wooOoOOOOOOOAH GEMIMA" and "lucy in the sky with dendrons"

Dont try to fight it it'll just happen :D
  19. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Haylz.

It could be quite hot (see below) so make sure you bring sun protection stuff, light clothing, a water bottle. Also tissues and wetwipes to make that toilet tardis visit a less unpleasant experience! :eek:

Waterproof coat of some sort or at least a small foldup umbrella, in case the heat sets off a thunderstorm .. which is at least an outside possibility.

People love sandals in hot weather, but there's a fair old walk up the hill from the edge of Ashton Court to the site, so stronger summer shoes might be more sensible.

An extra layer for when it gets dark, cos in clear sky conditions, even hot days can turn into chilly nights sometimes. (Although in fact it may be quite balmy at night this time -- see forecast below).

Drink plenty of water as well as the lovely beer ...

Otherwise if you'e just coming over to Bristol for one day, yoiu won't need much. Money for getting in, and some more money to buy PIES ;)

Early prospects are for a HOT WEEKEND folks.

According to Everton Fox's latest update (posted this morning, Monday) to the BBC four week forecast

Will check and post updates next week as we come up to the great weekend ... :)
  20. woolly

woolly Banned Banned

don't forget yr lighter to hold aloft during Belfast Child or whatever the fuck it's called....
  21. William of Walworth

Think I'll have left by then!

Simple Minds -- the 'make sure you catch not too late a bus back to London' band .... :p :D
  22. Hollis

Hollis bloody furious

Are Simple Minds on the Saturday or the Sunday?

:confused:

Also, question 2, how long would it take going from Bristol to London by bus on the Sunday afternoon.. the timetable says 3 hours, but I figure it could take shed loads longer.

:confused: :confused:
  23. xenon

xenon Our fortress is on fire!

Dunno. 3 hours sounds about right each way. At least by car at a weekend.

I need to buy some sort of sombraro type hat if I'mgoing this year. No more drinking lager under the afternoon sun. Not pleasant.
  24. William of Walworth

Sunday for definite.

Don't know at all yet, but would like to find out ... I'm aiming to leave the site no later than about 8:00 or at the very outside, 8:30
  25. Sweaty Betty

Im as good as there at the moment.......;)

Always wanted to learn the diablo thingy....:D
  26. Sweaty Betty

Absolutly perfect info mate........cheers:cool:
  27. Yetman

Yetman Cheesecar Fucksquad #1

:confused: Its one of the greatest inventions of man! What happened?!
  28. xenon

xenon Our fortress is on fire!

:D:D

I just don't handle the sun very well. If I'm drinking I tend to get a hangover by 3PM and warming lager literally turns my stomach. If I find some shade thouge, it's fine.
  29. gentlegreen

There may be enough of us this year to justify some sort of encampment :-

[​IMG]

I'm definitely going to be raiding the local pound shops for "disposable" marquees and beach shelters :cool:

Not sure I'd get away with bringing my hookah though :-(

[​IMG]
  30. sparkling

sparkling Townie learning to be country

Trouble with tents and stuff is that you could be blocking the view of people behind you. I'm bringing my Isle of Wight sun hat and a jumper for the evening along with a very stylish cagoul in case of rain...that lot should cover all eventualities.:)