1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Techno, house in Brixton?

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by qwertyjjj, Apr 13, 2012.

1. qwertyjjj

qwertyjjj Active Member

What are the best places for techno and house in Brixton apart from Electric?

2. RaverDrew

RaverDrew self-banned for a bit R.I.P.

3. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter marquistador

Corsica Studios...but it's at the Elephant

ska invita likes this.
  4. editor

editor Got a fever +the only prescription is more cowbell

414 414 414 414 414 414 414 414 414
    (*add house beat)

fortyplus and T & P like this.
  5. jimmyc123

jimmyc123 New Member

Plan B for house and occasionally techno... Soul Clap are playing there tonight.

6. fortyplus

fortyplus smug git

Editor and Raverdrew are spot on.

7. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Domination Snert

Worth keeping an eye on what's on at Jamm too, they have some good nights in that vein sometimes. But yes if you just want to turn up and know there'll be things going doof you want the 414.

8. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Helpful, bookish and a little bit rebellious

World Unknown, in an arch under the railway somewhere on Coldharbour Lane, is totally ace but a total abberation for Brixton. Brixton's no good really. Apart from the aforementioned, Corsica's the only decent place for it south of the river, but I suppose it depends on your tastes.

9. Monkeygrinder's Organ

There's some decent looking nights on at Cable near London Bridge - have you been to any?

(I spend more time looking at the various emails I get telling me what's on and thinking 'that looks good' than actually going out these days:oops:).

10. Orang Utan

Haven't been but hear it's got a great sound system

11. Brixton Hatter

Yeah I've been to Cable - to see Aux 88, and I think Jeff Mills on another occasion. Great sound system, alright venue, expensive beers. I think they usually have drum & bass nights there, but I've seen a few good techno nights there on occasion.

12. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

I went once soon after it had opened, overpriced, can't say the sound was that great maybe it's improved recently. All a bit souless really.

13. ska invita

ska invita yes yes

Top venue I think. Went a dub thing there too. Sounds system loud and clear.

14. Orang Utan

surgeon's there next month at the blueprint records. might be a bit hieronymous for me, but perhaps some here will be interested

poptyping likes this.
  15. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Foot's on the other hand

Some decent house do's (if you're that way inclined) on the Brixton Clubhouse terrace thingy, though I doubt that's what anyone on here is after

16. qwertyjjj

qwertyjjj Active Member

Brixton clubhouse terrace thingy?

17. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Whatever the latest attempt to open a trendy club on the corner of Coldharbour Lane and Briston Road above KFC is, I think.

18. Jamm and the Clubhouse. 414 doesn't play house or techno, unfortunately plays terible hard house and acid techno, which is children's music, has nothing to do with real music. Total shithole :)

19. qwertyjjj

qwertyjjj Active Member

TBF, 414 seems more orietntated at hardhouse and hard dance rather than the house, tech house, techno scene.

20. laughalot

laughalot Active Member

who are the leading techno dj's?

21. Orang Utan

That depends don't it?
    Heads up: jeff mills is playing Corsica studios on may 18th and tickets are on sale from tomorrow

22. laughalot

laughalot Active Member

so many styles it is hard to keep up..jeff mills love his music...

23. qwertyjjj

qwertyjjj Active Member

excellent mua hua ha :)

24. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Crap. I've got exams the next week and can't justify it. Maybe some post exam surgeon though.

25. Brixton Hatter

mental - it's gonna be rammed. That place is no way big enough for Mills. I'm tempted though....but I enjoy Surgeon more these days, will prob go to Cable on 26 May for the Blueprint night.

E2A: the Mills night is sold out already!

26. Orang Utan

yeah, he's playing all night and they only sold 300 tickets for room 1

27. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

its a great place to be when its rammed Corsica.

I saw Derrick Carter there and it was absolutely heaving and he completely smashed it.
    Sneak did a 4 hour set a month or two later and did the same.