1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Student jailed for tweeting about Muamba

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by Paulie Tandoori, Mar 27, 2012.

1. ItWillNeverWork

ItWillNeverWork outlook innacurate

First they came for the racists....

Mephitic likes this.
  2. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Untermensch, and proud!

Yup.
    Chap is getting payback, tbf. He gave it the Billy Big-Bollocks on twitter with his (to paraphrase) "come here and say that and I'll stamp on your head", so if he reckons he's tough enough for that, he shouldn't be flooding the local sewers with tears when he's going to spend a couple of weeks at most at a cat B local on induction before doing the rest of his sentence in a cat C at worst.

3. ViolentPanda

Typical sexualising of black males. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't you prefer it if he was stuck in a cell with a stocky white guy, if the white guy liked fresh meat, and was hung like a donkey?

Chip Barm and ymu like this.
  4. barney_pig

barney_pig Po-cha-na-quar-hip

Amazing difference in the prompt arrests of idiots and the strange indolence when serving police officers launch internet hate comments against Simon Weston

5. ymu

ymu Niall Ferguson's deep-cover sock-puppet

It's true in US prisons - our culture has been infected by their TV. But yes, I agree - it's despicable and makes them no better than he is. Not that it will apply to all his critics - some of them will have beliefs that they've actually thought about and live by.

6. ViolentPanda

You'd have to prosecute 9 out of 10 teenagers for wishing themselves and/or their parents dead.

7. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Eh? :confused: What's sex got to do with anything?

8. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse wax weasel

A university education is not a right, there was a time not so long ago when the vast majority of people could not even consider being accepted in to a university; reading his tweets did shock me that someone of his ilk has a university place at all. maybe I'm just old fashioned.

9. ViolentPanda

Even the official statistics (which used to get treated as being an under-estimate by a factor of 4, for policy purposes) always found sex attacks in prisons to be the exception rather than the rule.

10. Wilf

Wilf Getting there

Ah, right, I was assuming he'd been booted out from some of the things said on this thread. :oops:

11. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse wax weasel

I think spy was referring to the racist angle there ;)

Mind, racist, rapist, only one letter different...

12. ViolentPanda

Don't be disingenuous, there's a good chap.

13. ViolentPanda

I think he was referring to both.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but with hangers and floggers, buggery is usually hiding round the next corner. ;)

14. Lock&Light

Lock&Light Ignoring most idiots Banned

I didn't say all such people should be prosecuted, but I do think that it should be considered a crime when done deliberatly in a public place by so-called sensible people.

15. ymu

How can a university check someone's social media accounts before admitting them? It's unworkable and unfair - people grow up (well, some of them do), they shouldn't be haunted by stupid things they typed as a fifteen year old. They should be held to account for their actions in the here and now. They sign up to the university regulations - if they can't follow them, then (and only then), fuck 'em.

16. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

How? :confused:

I think it'd be nice if he gets to share a cell with someone who's going to give him a shit time for being a racist prick.

17. ViolentPanda

There's always that "strange indolence" present when it comes to action against serving police officers. It's almost like there's one law for them, and another for us mere mortals...

18. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Ah! I see.

No I don't think he should be bummed. I was thinking more along the lines of gobbing in his coffee, nicking his fags, pissing on his bed, maybe the odd slap .... that kind of stuff.

19. Wilf

Wilf Getting there

Then why didn't you say put him in a cell with a well muscled guardian reading social worker? :p

20. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Why do you think?

Go on take a guess.

21. ViolentPanda

You stipulated "cellmate". That implies being able to do something to him only in the environment of the cell.

I think it'd be quite nice if he was on a landing that was majority-populated by ethnic minorities. He'd have a much harder time than with a cellmate, especially as, because of the nature of his crime, he could have a governor's board toute de suite and likely get shifted to another wing or even another nick on the strength of his celmate's "racial" origin putting him at risk. They're a bit hotter on that since that poor kid got murdered in Feltham.

22. ViolentPanda

It's "rascists"!!! :mad:

23. ItWillNeverWork

ItWillNeverWork outlook innacurate

:confused:

24. ViolentPanda

That'll happen anyway.

25. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

It's ok, the police said sorry and so it's all forgiven.

26. ViolentPanda

Old Urbans joke. Racist is spelled r-a-s-c-i-s-t, and fascist is spelled f-a-c-i-s-t, and you have to always suffix them with a :mad: smiley.

ItWillNeverWork likes this.
  27. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Or just give him grief 24 hours a day.

That'll do then.

28. Wilf

Wilf Getting there

You mean the prison community uniting, regardless of ethnic/cultural background or sexual orientation, to express their common disquiet about said tweets (but in a constructive and appropriate manner)?

ymu likes this.
  29. ymu

30. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

No. I mean a couple of black lads (no apologies for the racial element) taking particular offence and dangling him from the landing by his bollocks.