1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steve Jobs steps down as Apple CEO

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by Teepee, Aug 25, 2011.

1. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

btw, for posterity.. your delightful second post in full... lovely chap aint ya.

2. GarfieldLeChat

GarfieldLeChat fucking awesome but wrong

I really don't get your beef the dude is dying, he's had to pull out of his company because of this, he's done so in a manor which causes minimal brand damage to that company, knowing that everytime he's appeared recently it's damaged the stock levels of his company. He's now accepted he can no longer continue, as all cancer patients do at the end.

What part of this don't you get?

if lcuky and with sufficent money to be able to afford care until you can no longer continue then most cancer suffers in his condition go from being reasonably ok within the obivous circumstances to becoming rapidly and degeneratively ill within a short period of time.

He always said he'd continue until he couldn't. now he's saying he can't. when someone with cancer says sorry I can't do it anymore then it usually means that sadly the cancer has beaten them.

All of which is conveyed quite eloquently within my posts.

only someone with massive mental illness could ever see that as dancing on someones as yet undug grave... you need some serious professional help.

As for who it was, that's really none of your business is it...
  3. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

The thing is, this sort of "promotion" into a supposedly very senior but effectively sinecure position is not actually that uncommon in the executive world. For many of the reasons Garf cites too - To protect the brand, company value and to ensure the fullest settlement for families. I've seen it happen several times over my working life and in one instance, it was undoubtedly because the ailing exec had almost certainly contracted his particular form of cancer as a direct result of his work in the days he held a more junior position and his firm were doing their utmost to avoid any action against them.
  4. GarfieldLeChat

and also because despite the concept of all corporates are evil usually there's a culture of wanting to try and do right by your staff in these type of circumstances...

but saying this makes you vile according to the church of the latter day looney which gabi ascribes too...

Seek professional help Gabi you really, really, really need it...
  5. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

oh the irony of being accused of being a projecting looney by you garf :D

you're a renowned basket case, on and off the boards
  6. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

This thread has beef.
  7. Teepee

Teepee like livewire voodoo

I saw the thread and thought, oh nice, two pages. I wonder what thoughtful discussion the urbanites are having, then i check it and I'm like 'oh fuck, pointless bunfight'
  8. magneze

magneze mnemonic beef

It's an Apple thread, there's always beef even if unrelated to Apple.
  9. editor

But this has extra super-sweary beef putting the sensible posts in the minority.
  10. magneze

magneze mnemonic beef

Steve would be proud. The man who spawned a billion beefs.
  11. GarfieldLeChat

you've never met me or for that matter had any contact with me or anyone who knows me as in has had contact with me, what the hell are you talking about. anyone who's met me even for 5 minutes would say your characterisation is entirely wrong... even the editor doesn't think me mental in real life even though he thinks I'm an arse...

you only ever know of rumours of me and what happens and in any case as I've said nothing to warrant your lies or attack.

you need to fess up you bullshitted cos you misread or misunderstood a comment made a knee jerk reaction and then looked like a fool when you were called on it...

how about you just stop posting rather than digging the hole deeper...
  12. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

TMZ posts a new photo, have to say the way he's dressed and his hair being a bit messy makes him look worse but is he really that much skinnier than he's been at any recent Apple event?

[​IMG]
  13. editor

He looks terribly frail.
  14. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

You're wrong about that. but lets leave it.

oggle the piccie above and try not to blow ya nuts off when you climax.
  15. GarfieldLeChat

like i said 3 to 4 weeks sadly.

basically what he's said is that's it folks I've got no time left.
  16. GarfieldLeChat

see more of your bullshit.

you are the one enjoying this ... you sick fuck...

and I've never met you. ever. I'd have punched someone as nasty as you without a second thought...
  17. Kid_Eternity

He's looked like that for some time, not saying he isn't ill (I think he is pretty much at an end, the resignation, the book timing with it's full disclosure) just my first thought was this is what I imagined he'd look like out of his crisp hair do, and jean and tee get up...
  18. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

lithium dude. seriously. get back to the doc. you're fucking mental :)
  19. editor

It looks like he can't even stand up unaided anymore. It's horrible that these sort of pap shots even get published to be honest.
  20. GarfieldLeChat

skin looks more papery than it has done previously but maybe that's been make up etc.
  21. editor

Can't you two hire a boxing ring and take your macho fightin' talk off the boards please?
  22. GarfieldLeChat

and again another attack nothign to do with the thread and certainly no relevance to me.

why not STFU

you saw something which wasn't there, you're too immature to admit it and now you're just derailing the thread with your continued nonsense...
  23. GarfieldLeChat

I hardly feel you're one to talk...
  24. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

lulz. you're a joke mr LeChat. take your aggro to another thread pleeeease. this ones about the sad decline of someone who added to this world we live in, not you.
  25. Kid_Eternity

I thought this, his neck isn't normally on show like that either which shows how skinny he is.
  26. GarfieldLeChat

wtf is wrong with you the ONLY person turning this into a thread about me is you you sick mental idiot...

every post of mine was ontopic until you posted... you mental you've derailed it and made it about me now fuck the fuck off.

if the editor had any balls he'd have deleted you mindless posted and removed you from the thread for your derailment but as he's currently pissed off cos I dared to comment on his beef with rory he'd ratehr l;et it fester than do a mods job, which considering is fucking ironic... STFU just don't address me I don't know you am not saying what you think I'm saying haven't said it and no matter howmany fuckign times you say it it won't change that.

as I'm the one who decided my fucking motiation you class asshat I know whether I was celebrating the mans demise or pointing out the sad reality of someone dying of cancer from very recent and very personal experince.

SO STFU.

editor do you fucking job...
  27. GarfieldLeChat

no I think thats the last days of the drugs which will have taken their toll on him.

att the end your muscles seem to waste away to nothing...
  28. Kid_Eternity

How would you know? Look at any recent photo and point out when he's not wearing a polo or high cut top?
  29. Kid_Eternity

On another note, it is a slightly odd photo, almost looks composed which makes me wonder if this is part of the media management?
  30. GarfieldLeChat

Cos it's clear dude.

patently clear.

as I hope the pm explains in more detail. :)