1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

squatting help needed

Discussion in 'benefits and housing' started by zaman, Dec 24, 2009.

1. zaman

zaman Banned Banned

Hi all. I was in the big limehouse squat in east london, until we got evicted. Now im back in birmingham. I need to go back to london very soon. Anyone know of any squats in london with empty rooms? or even large blocks of flats being squatted?
  2. zaman

zaman Banned Banned

somebody told me there is a large block of flats being squatted in finsbury park, does anyone know the name of the road? Thanks.
  3. Sasaferrato

Sasaferrato T'agba ta ti de, a ma yo ogunja.

Keep your back straight and bend your knees. :D
  4. claphamboy

claphamboy The wheels on the bus go round and round....

:facepalm: :D
  5. zaman

zaman Banned Banned

ha ha ha. so funny having to get a joke about squatting in the freezing cold. only serious replies from now on.
  6. Diamond

Diamond The Red Baron

[​IMG]

HTH

:)
  7. Ground Elder

Ground Elder Well-Known Member

8. Pingu

Pingu Officially "Cool as Shit"

[​IMG]
  9. Ozzmo2

Ozzmo2 New Member

Why not buy a tent.
  10. Ozzmo2

Ozzmo2 New Member

or what u could do, is save up some cash and go somewere hot with a tent.
  11. Wolveryeti

Wolveryeti frixy

Get a job, hippy.
  12. Big empty pub in Ealing Broadway...
  13. Rutita1

Rutita1 Perfectly Flawed

Why are you lot being so nasty? :confused:
  14. stethoscope

stethoscope Well-Known Member Enforced Holiday Banned

:facepalm:
  15. mrsfran

mrsfran Slightly less bulbous

It was squatted, but it looks like they've gone again.
  16. Sir Belchalot

Sir Belchalot arenicola marina

Been evicted, good luck hunting for somewhere.
  17. IC3D

IC3D Post Mid Arc

where was that out of interest and being a local
  18. TopCat

TopCat Tits, fanny and Millwall...

git!
  19. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Good luck with your research, man. Ignore the pisstakers on this thread, and check Groud Elder's link perhaps :)
  20. Sir Belchalot

Sir Belchalot arenicola marina

21. zaman

zaman Banned Banned

Thanks, i know about the hotel in earls court, my firend luke was the person who opened it, but the landlord got an IPO very quickly. Anyone got a spare couch for me to sleep on?
  22. RaverDrew

RaverDrew self-banned for a bit R.I.P.

Because taking the piss out of squatters and other vulnerable people (by a load of middle-class, suburban, internet warriors) has become somewhat of a sport on Urban. :( :facepalm:
  23. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Untermensch, and proud!

I don't think I've seen a hippy squatter since about 1977.
  24. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Untermensch, and proud!

Don't exaggerate. It's become a sport for a handful of utter cocks (who happen to mostly be middle-class, self-satisfied, suburban internet warriors. :)).
    Can't really help the OP as I've not had much to do with the squatting scene since the early 80s.
  25. zaman

zaman Banned Banned

real shame the finsbury park squats got evicted. somebody else told me there was a block of flats in Hackney being squatted. any trith in that claim?
  26. Endeavour

Endeavour -- --- .-. ... .

I never squatted by choice nor as a political act. I squatted out of necessity to put a roof over my family's head.

In more than one instance we saved houses from being needlessly demolished. Our occupation got them refurbed and put back into the social housing system.

I have had nothing to do with squatting since 1993

Some of the reactions on this thread make me want to puke.

http://www.squatter.org.uk/
  27. zaman

zaman Banned Banned

so nobody knows any squts with rooms in,PLEASE?!
  28. Cid

Cid Degenerate Scum

I see where you're come from zaman but tbh I doubt you'll find anything other than advice (and wankers) here... People aren't just going to give you details of where their friends are squatting. Haven't any of the people you were with previously found new places? Maybe other London squatters you met or something? There are a few large squats going at the moment, quite central too (although I don't know if any have spare rooms right now), but you'll have to find out about them through someone who knows you I think.
  29. Nixon

Nixon peanut butter n.w.o.

dunno about flats getting squatted in hackney..to be honest i know there are loads of council empties around limehouse/mile end and i think those would be a good bet as they are a bit further east and places in dalston/hackney/finsbury are getting harder to squat as the areas are more expensive and yuppies are moving in to or rebuilding the derelicts.it's hard without literally trawling/cycling the streets locally to find empies..you could always get in contact with the north east squatters network or something? realistically though it would maybe be good if you could find other people to squat with and that.it is the middle of winter which makes it harder.i know a lot of other folks looking for empty rooms in places..so it might be a bit difficult for you unless you squat something yourself with a group.mass squatted places like the ocean estate and the blocks around limehouse are slowly disappearing..hopefully it can work out for you if you get in touch with some people.

good luck
  30. Cid

Cid Degenerate Scum

There are some empty houses on the north circular between Uxbridge road and Hangar lane gyratory (on the Uxbridge side really), but a couple of them look to be past it (holes in the roof etc). Will have another look next time I'm down there.