1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So this is Christmas, and what have you done?

Discussion in 'Wintervaltide - Xmas and Year Review 2011' started by goldenecitrone, Dec 1, 2011.

1. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

I had a great year, got married, managed to avoid being made redundant when half my department got axed and I'm well on my way to finishing my degree. Not a bad year, all in all. Merry Wintervalitude to you all.
  2. bi0boy

bi0boy .

there's still 8.5% of the year to go yet
  3. Greebo

Greebo trebled hyperbolic

Not even Saturnalia yet!
  4. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

Did you not hear the budget? The last 20 days of December have been axed to make way for January heavy work loads. Fucking tory bastards.
    Badgers and scifisam like this.
  5. Orang Utan

Orang Utan like an outdated combine harvester

the worst year of my life so far in all honesty.
    i won't let it get me down though.
    life is worse for so many others and is about to get worse for more.
  6. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

Sorry to hear that OU. Still, at least you're not in Sudan. Merry winterval to you good sir.
    _angel_ likes this.
  7. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

That's gone, too. Richard Branson has bought it and taken it to a small island in the Caribbean. Winterval is all we have left.
  8. Orang Utan

Orang Utan like an outdated combine harvester

nothing that bad happened really, so on reflection, this must mean my life must actually be pretty sweet :)
  9. Greebo

It's a beardy conspiracy I tell you! :mad:
  10. quimcunx

quimcunx jesus tonsils

Congratulations, goldene! Is that the first time you've mentioned it on here? :hmm:
  11. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

Cheers. I think I mentioned it on some thread or other. I'm a very happy man. :)
  12. fogbat

fogbat you're just a dickhead like everyone else.

Congratulations on the marriedness. I don't really read the boards anymore, so you could easily have mentioned it elsewhere.
    claphamboy likes this.
  13. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

It may have been on an Andy Murray thread. Thanks, marriedness is next to cleanliness.
    Minnie_the_Minx likes this.
  14. fogbat

fogbat you're just a dickhead like everyone else.

Both very distant from me :cool:
  15. Greebo

I wouldn't worry if I were you, at least one of them's overrated.
    fogbat likes this.
  16. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

So far I've refurbished most of my flat, visited 85 museums, spent three weeks on a superb holiday in the US, kept my job and added more to it, got really good at keeping up with paperwork and housework, met lots of lovely people and had some good nights out, been diagnosed with a sleep disorder and started to get it under control, got a cat, and kept the daughter and dog alive and well. December's looking busier.
    ShiftyBagLady and fractionMan like this.
  17. spanglechick

spanglechick Lying in the gutter, looking like a star.

Congrats, mr citrone (and mrs citrone, too!)

I have lost nearly a quarter of my bodyweight. That's my big achievement.
  18. BoatieBird

BoatieBird You can call me cupcake

85 museums is quite an achievement. Were you aiming for 100, do you think you'll make it?
    claphamboy likes this.
  19. spliff

spliff suitably seedy

That's just about the way I feel about 2011.
  20. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

Been a decent year. Bit of travelling, new job, might change my civil status before the year is over.
  21. elfman

elfman 罗斯

Let's see... I quit a job I hated, got a job that I didn't hate as much but wasn't totally keen on, went on holiday to China to see a mate, decided I wanted to move out of the UK, broke up with a girlfriend who I was madly in love with, quit my job again, moved to China to teach kids and got myself a new girlfriend.
  22. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx purves grundy - definitely a bloke

I did bugger all
    Miss Caphat and wtfftw like this.
  23. quimcunx

quimcunx jesus tonsils

Very little.

had a holiday in Athens and started an OU course is pretty much it. Suffered from mild depression and anxiety for much of the year and more. blah. The last couple of years haven't been any fun at all really. At best they've just trundled along, and at worst I've felt pretty paralysed.
  24. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

I can't decide between this thread and the Highs and Lows one so I'm going to do neither.
  25. Diamond

Diamond The Red Baron

26. 100% masahiko

100% masahiko i is a professor and is magical like totoro

...it's been a busy year.

Finished fixing up a 3 bed house (internal only) - one of the hardest work I've ever done (would start at 8am and finish 10pm, sometimes 12am - crazy hours).

Got into contract work which is about to finish.
    2nd year of married life is somewhat a bit of a challenge - am glad we're still strong and developing as a couple.
    OMG and the lack of sleep from having a baby. Craziness.

Gave up fighting/ martial arts training - seems very strange.

Okay year I guess.
  27. zoooo

zoooo zero tolerance for walkers

I must have done something this year...
    Um.
    Just had my third anniversary, so I've managed to keep a boyfriend for 3 years, which is quite impressive with my record.
    I couldn't get a job ANYWHERE so have started my own (very tiny) business.
    And I got a letter yesterday that I'm getting a tax refund of £561.
    Not a terrible year I suppose!
    May Kasahara likes this.
  28. Greebo

That's a bloody lie, and you know it :mad:
    What about the garden, and your decorating, to start with? Not to mention the highly entertaining OU in India diaries.
  29. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx purves grundy - definitely a bloke

Oh yeah, but they're just normal everyday type of things, although I agree, I was quite proud of my garden. :D

I'm just about to go up a ladder again and start scraping kitchen ceiling paint in preparation for painting again. Preventative measures to stop them nasty Indian meal moths laying eggs again on the peeling paint. Shall be painting all the smoke damage around the old boiler as well :D
  30. temper_tantrum

temper_tantrum The beauty of the ride

I posted on the highs & lows thread :cool:

(Seriously, 2 threads? :mad: )