1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...The Stone Roses reunion then...

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Sweet FA, Oct 14, 2011.

?

Will The Stone Roses reunion be excellent or shite?

1. What the world is waiting for...

28.6%
  2. Sink like an elephant stone...

71.4%
  1. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

I was there. One of the most depressing things I have had the misfortune to see :(
  2. Mumbles274

Mumbles274 running from law and the press and the parents

My mate went and had a great time, he had a spare ticket he offered me too but I couldn't coz I had me kids
  3. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 Straight Outta Compton Bassett

So was I, I quickly turned back and went to see Underworld.
    kittyP likes this.
  4. articul8

articul8 Guilty of Idealism

Went on Friday - fucking great it was too. Happy days
  5. Chip Barm

Chip Barm bizarre wanking accident

Just watched the reactions video on The Guardian. There are a few dissenting voices.

Did you queue for a drink? 1.5-2.5 hours wait? Did you see any bar looting?
  6. pepper78

pepper78 Well-Known Member

We went last night (sat). Didn't get a drink as the queues were horrific and easily looked like you'd be stuck in them for over an hour. Luckily we took in some hip flasks in anticipation of utterly crap event organisation!

From my point of view the gig itself was ok. I was surprised by the band, actually just Ian. He did manage to hold a tune up until about two thirds through when he started getting all shouty. May just have been where we were standing but portions of the crowd were a fucking nightmare and I couldn't really enjoy it as much as I wanted cos of that rather than the bands performance.
  7. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Massive outdoor gig. Long queues. Bad organisation. Audience treated like cattle. Audience full of dicks!

Hold the front page!
  8. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

Good job Ian's got 20,000 or more backing singers.
  9. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Bathing in the golden gloop

Un-fucking-believable! Just had one of the best days of my life! :) That was just too good for words :) :) :)
    Voley and articul8 like this.
  10. craigxcraig

craigxcraig Prefers 'cxc'

Was there on Saturday and had a good time - avoided the bar mind. Whilst good, it wasn't great and found Saturday to be a bit flat - there were timesvduring the set whilst they were playing where punters were generally chatting amongst themselves oblivious to the music, we were fairly close ad well.
  11. mwgdrwg

It wasn't like that yesterday. We had a 'few' pints in Manchester first and every pub we went in to was buzzing with excitement and anticipation. We arrived just as The Wailers were on and the sun was shining, so that was a great start. Only went to the bar once and it took no more than 10 minutes, and I had a hip flask full of brandy anyway. Plan B was great, really going for it. I'm not a big fan but was surprised how good it was. Well, what can I say about the Stone Roses...the second Mani played the opening bass line to I Wanna Be Adored I have never seen so many happy faces jump and sing like that. I spent the next two hours dancing, singing, hugging my friends and happy strangers around us. It was a magical and spiritual night for me. I may be going on a bit here but it really was superb. A few tears of joy at the end hehe, but I'm an emotional fella. I just loved it and it blew my expectations into another planet! Feeling rough as fuck on this train home now, but very happy :)
    krink, Chip Barm and Voley like this.
  12. craigxcraig

craigxcraig Prefers 'cxc'

Likewise, what a song to open with - sent shivers down my back and everyone went nuts, jumping around, singing and hugging etc, was great. But there were times, when they played the more obscure songs (or secong album) where it went a bit flat - certainly where we were, guess cause not many knew the words! We did meet some absolute nutters (in a good way) and had great time, everyone was really friendly and the like.

The park is going to be ruined for the summer though - it was a mud bath on Saturday, can only imagine what Sunday was like!
  13. skyscraper101

14. mwgdrwg

I hope they find that fella :(
  15. mwgdrwg

Just wanted to post some photos from Sunday, not high quality, but they capture something of the vibe I remember :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Voley and craigxcraig like this.
  16. mwgdrwg

This is some more shakey cam from the intro, but this time from Sunday night and very close to where I was stood. I promise to stop going on about this....never. :D John Squire on fire here, and the explosion of emotion by the crowd...sheesh :D

17. articul8

Friday was better :p;)
  18. mwgdrwg

Let's face it, it was three phenomenal nights (which came to a climax on Sunday :p) :D
  19. articul8

they'd got a bit stale by then ;)
  20. Chip Barm

The missing lads phone has been switched on in Edinburgh. How close is it to T in the Park?
  21. Voley

Voley "Dave From Ireland"

Isn't he just? I love listening to him when he's on top form. :) People that criticise him for being indulgent can fuck off, frankly.
  22. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

T In The Park Directions and Travel Information
    Balado Airfield, Balado, Kinross, Angus, Scotland, KY13 0PF

e2a 28 miles to Edinburgh
  23. Chip Barm

Could be just coincidence. Someone following them found the phone maybe.
  24. Divisive Cotton

Divisive Cotton Now I just have my toy soldiers

the missing lads dad and mates were on bbc breakfast news this morning, it all looks really odd. it hardly looks like he's broken family home material who's run away
  25. skyscraper101

I hope he's ok :(
  26. Yelkcub

Yelkcub Awesome Narcissist

27. mwgdrwg

28. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Missing Llama

29. articul8

30. Geri

Geri wasn't born to follow

What is it with young men ending up in canals? Do they get drunk and fall in or what? There have been loads of them around here.