1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So how cold is it in York compared to deep south?

Discussion in 'Midlands and the North' started by lau1981, Nov 7, 2011.

1. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Went to the Ball too! That was last Thursday evening, 8th Dec. We loved it, very impressed by the unaltered interior and general atmosphere.

We were really lucky with finding a couple of excellent blues musicians playing FREE at very same the time that we were chilling with the lovely choice of beers then available ... :)

Shame the Tap didn't work for you .... maybe it's more of a place for ale tourists ... :oops: :oops:

The choice was fine when we were in, but we were waiting for a train last Saturday afternoon and maybe we were lucky ....

2. William of Walworth

Oh yes we did make the Swan as well. Lovely, yet-a-bloody-gain :( a fine ale choice, and as an added bonus it had a fire which he Slip didn't ....

Now we're back in Swansea, and grumpy ... ;)

3. oryx

oryx Gamey Winehouse

Despite visiting York regularly I'd never heard of the House of Trembling Madness - now that is a name crying out to be googled! It sounds great - unfortunately, the last time I got to York all I got to drink in was O'Neills (yes, I know - flagellates self with imaginary real ale whip - and it wasn't my choice need I say!) and the houses of friends & relatives.

The York Brewery pubs (Three Legged Mare, Last Drop & Yorkshire Terrier) are all good - I managed a drink in the Yorkshire Terrier over the summer but generally have to fall in with the choices of my nearest & dearest...........

4. janeb

janeb WW Tyrion do?

I like the Yorkshire Terrier and go there quite a lot if I'm actually in town, it's often busy but not packed, which given it's location is pretty good :)

5. lau1981

lau1981 Still waiting for the meaning of life......hmmm

Argh!!! My fella who is a born and bred northerner said that he really noticed the cold when he got home weds night!

I'm gonna freeze 27th!!!!!!:eek:

6. William of Walworth

Got to the Last Drop, very nice, and York Brewery beers really are grand :cool:

But we didn't have time to make the others :hmm:

7. janeb

janeb WW Tyrion do?

Well, you'll just have to come back again - had a quick pint in the Golden Ball just now on my way home from finishing my Christmas shopping :)

8. William of Walworth

Thinking of coming up again for the York Beer Festival next September if we can't make it earlier. Just a wish-idea at this stage though :confused: