1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snooker World Championship 2010

Discussion in 'general sports' started by ebay sex moomin, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Lord Camomile

Lord Camomile Unknown Member

Robertson was always gonna be tough. I do worry that after two matches that have gone the distance (in the Worlds no less!) Davis might just not have enough left in the tank.

But we can dream...

Anyone know his odds... :hmm: ;) :D

2. handy1

handy1 A certain Man U fan ; )

When Joe Davis was winning every year it was mainly because he chose who could play in the tournament,for example Walter lindbourn (sp) was never allowed in.Fraud basically.

3. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

I chose to watch Ding-Murphy this evening, but looks like Selby absolutely desimated Hendry. Depending on which Ronnie turns up over the next week, Selby must be in with a pretty good shout.

4. Lord Camomile

Ah, I feared it might be something like that :(

Unless that Lindrum fella* was just shite :D

*is that who you meant?

5. handy1

handy1 A certain Man U fan ; )

That's him.:)

6. Lord Camomile

I meant to mention this earlier but what on earth is Davis' walk-on music?! :confused: :D

Sounds like the bloody Undertaker's walk-on theme from WWE!

7. El Sueno

El Sueno Dabbler

8. King Biscuit Time

King Biscuit Time The highest British attention to the wrong detail.

I'll be outside the Crucible after work today - necking an ale or two and watching the Nugget on the big screen.
    :)

9. bi0boy

bi0boy .

Don't finish work too late... :(

10. yes.

watching this now- they seem to me to be very equally matched players. The Rocket is pure genius when he's playing well, but can be very erratic; Mark 'The Hoover' Selby lacks Ronnie's ability to switch gears at the drop of a hat, but at his best, he's a smooth, steady potting machine.

Reckon this is gonna be a really interesting match:cool:

11. bi0boy

bi0boy .

Ronnie missing loads in this session but still level with Selby.

12. bi0boy

bi0boy .

I think that plant he got to win the last game was his turning point.

13. bi0boy

bi0boy .

lol, next shot and he jumps the white over the black...:facepalm:

14. :D

It didn't just skip over the black- it jumped up in the air like a chicken trying to fly!

15. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

The balls just weren't rolling for Steve Davis this evening. :(

16. Lord Camomile

Just got home from work. Oh fuck :(

17. Lord Camomile

Come on!! :mad: :D :D

It starts tonight!

And then, y'know, tomorrow...

18. bmd

bmd and you will see me

Come on Steve.

Please.

19. El Sueno

El Sueno Dabbler

Much better from Ronnie this afternoon. Having said that, the inevitable jinx followed and Selby just got one back... :facepalm:

9-6 to Ronnie.

20. bi0boy

bi0boy .

21. TrippyLondoner

TrippyLondoner Well-Known Member

I always seem to really enjoy snooker only from the quarter finals and onwards, its happened again this time round!

22. Lord Camomile

Oddly, anyone I have an interest in is out, so I'm not sure I care as much now (though of course that's specific to this tournament). Early rounds saw some cracking matches though :cool:

23. TrippyLondoner

I quite like selby, enjoyed the match v o'sullivan last night.

24. N_igma

N_igma Epistemic nuisance

I hate Selby, I hate Robertson and I fucking despise Dott. Come on Ali the fuck! Though by the looks of things this will be over sooner rather than later!

25. TrippyLondoner

That's alot of hate there.:D

26. :D It is!

I like Selby and Dott, and Robertson's my favourite. Reckon he's the new world champion.

Ali's not out yet though, by any stretch- just needs to get a good kip and recompose himself. I didn't manage to catch the match last night, but it sounds like he had a real hard fight on his hands- and then back on the table next afternoon!

by the way, a re-creation of the legendary 1985 black ball final (25 years ago today) between Steve Davis and Dennis Taylor was on the red button just now. Not sure whether it's online just yet- they showed the end highlights after the Robertson/Carter match. Some funny banter between Steve and Dennis; also interesting to hear how the players were thinking at the time.

27. El Sueno

El Sueno Dabbler

Looks like Selby's gonna win the tournament, and the prospect of watching him celebrate (teeth-baring, fist-pumping twat reminds me of a young Peter Ebdon - 'nuff said) is possibly going to result in me not watching a final for the first time in years.

28. maomao

maomao Well-Known Member

At least I got to see that fat fuck Murphy lose. Though he didn't cry this time which was a disappointment.

29. DotCommunist

DotCommunist virtue without terror is impotent.

What have you got against Murphy? he is arrogant and loves pies but there are bigger pricks in the game

30. maomao

maomao Well-Known Member

He's from Harlow and he cries when he loses. He's also a Christian and prays in his dressing room before matches. Seeing him lose reinforces my lack of belief in a Christian god. I'm also just a cruel and nasty person and enjoy seeing someone I dislike losing more than I enjoy seeing someone I do like win.