1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snitch on crims in your hood with Facewatch app

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by editor, Jun 27, 2012.

1. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

I downloaded this for the LOLz and it's utterly broken - so far I can only see one fuzzy perp per search screen even though the app says there's hundreds of ne'er do wells in my hood.

Anyone else tried it? Spotted your neighbours and friends?
    http://facewatch.co.uk/cms/

2. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

Clearly your local hoodlums are better than average at avoiding CCTV. They should set up training days for the dispossessed before the next lot of riots cuts. :thumbs:

3. editor

It's noting to do with CCTV-evading perps - the app is just shit and doesn't work.

4. joustmaster

joustmaster not a racist

isn't there a prison in brixton.. maybe its identified the people in it

stuff_it likes this.
  5. mrs quoad

mrs quoad ¡pǝlqɐsıp ƃuıƃƃɐʇ sɐɥ ;ǝpnɹ ʇou

I was indirectly badgered by Russian tv about this today, desperate to find someone to offer a convincing or considered opinion :D

E2a: I have no expertise on this whatsoever. Just in case that needed clarifying, like :D

stuff_it likes this.
  6. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

They are just as likely to get that from this thread as anywhere...

7. editor

The thing still doesn't work. :facepalm:

8. peterkro

peterkro Greasin' on American Express card.

Seems to work OK on my phone do you have one of those new fangled trendy things? Apparently there's 2,000 crims within half a mile of me,I've only looked at fourteen and I've seen one person I recognise.

9. RaverDrew

RaverDrew self-banned for a bit R.I.P.

Don't like this at all