1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shops only stocking up to size 18 and making you order anything bigger online.

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by madzone, Mar 28, 2012.

1. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

30 -34 is no problem, I see them everywhere. I am 30-30, uniclo have even stopped making anything under a 32 leg. In Primark I looked though everything they had and found one pair of old jeans. The new styles didnt have 30-30.

2. mentalchik

mentalchik far too big for her boots

Ah fair enough......my two eldest have problems though with length and shoes............all of them are 6ft and over......my ex hubby had the same problems with size 13 feet

3. madzone

madzone Physically unfavourable

I've emailed Next to ask them why it's their policy to discriminate against people needing larger sizes before I go to the Press :D

Why should I have to pay a fucking delivery charge when someone who's a size 6 doesn't?'

4. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

I litterally wait until I go to Japan to get clothes. The actually have things that fit me (and smaller) here. Despite the shitty pound and things in general being quite pricey these days, clothes are a lot cheaper. A lot cheaper.

5. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

She won't be a size 12, they won't hire anyone under a size 16 as I found out when looking for a weekend job as a nipper.

6. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

I was drunk and don't remember this but thank you :cool:

7. madzone

The women in my local Evan's are skinny as fuck.

8. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

The Xmas staff in the Marble Arch 'flagship' are skinny as all hell. I find it offensive.

madzone likes this.
  9. madzone

It was strangely reassuring because we all got a chance to agree how shit my arms are and now I know Urban women tell me the truth :D

10. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

We agreed about your shit arms?

Wtf is this nonsense? I can't see myself being involved in that :confused:

11. madzone

I'm not sure you said too much tbh :D They are shit though, which is why I cover them up.

12. Ceej

Ceej Where is my mind?

No way was the Evans girl 16 - tall, thin, young. Not a stitch in the shop would have fitted her.This was in Kings Mall, Hammersmith.

Your arms can't be worse than mine, Madz, wobbly hams :mad:. None of the rest of me is slim, but it's only my arms I really hate.

13. _angel_

_angel_ urban myth

My sis worked in there. In no version of reality is she a 16. Maybe a 10-12.

14. madzone

Ok - no response from Next yet. Which paper shall I go to? :D

15. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

It has to be the Daily Fail, surely? They love shit like that.

16. madzone

I'm not sure i can bring myself to do that :hmm:

17. Boudicca

Boudicca Zip Queen

I'm still up for the fatty sit in. Or maybe we could picket one of the Oxford St shops

18. Ceej

Ceej Where is my mind?

This ^
    Count me in!

19. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Pfft...

If you women had mens problems.

Size 35 waist (not 34 or 36)
    Size 10.5 left foot and 11 right foot
    17.25" neck for shirts
    Large t-shirt too small and XL too big

I cry myself to sleep at night

zenie and moose like this.
  20. madzone

I've had a series of emails from them. A few were utter bollocks, talking about order numbers and calling me Sarah :rolleyes: but the later ones have just kept saying that they can't stok larger sizes due to lack of space and having to make a decision about which sizes to stock. It's a load of balls because they manage to find room for sizes 6 and 8 and there's always loads of them left because around here those sizes aren't that popular (for want of a better word). If they only stocked size 10 - 18 then fair enough but they don't.

They've been told I won't be buying anything from Next, either for me, the kids or mr madz and not any of their house stuff either. Fuck em.

21. equationgirl

equationgirl Nothing to see here, move along...

Why are they calling you Sarah?

22. madzone

Because they're fucking inept.

23. equationgirl

equationgirl Nothing to see here, move along...

:D

24. fredfelt

fredfelt Mostly unknown member

Ah, yes. If I recall correctly you are the 6 foot 8 chap. The same as me.

Next used to do extra, extra long trousers on their on-line store but no longer. The last pair of jeans I got on-line were rubbish - and £60 to boot.

I find it almost impossible to find jackets and jumpers with sleeves long enough. I'm looking forward to the summer where I don't need long sleeves. When I wear shirts I always need to have their sleeves rolled up so I don't look like an idiot. I really hate shopping for clothes!!! It costs a fortune in postage buying stuff from the internet and having to return it! I've mostly given up going to the high street to by anything else but t-shits and pants!

Anyway, rant over. At least we are guaranteed a view of, well, just about anything.

25. madzone

That's the other thing. It cost me £4 P&P and the diesel it took to take that hideous monstrosity of a bra back to Evans to get it returned. I'm not paying P&P when someone who's between a size 6 and a size 18 doesn't have to. Even if I ever get small enough again to buy their stupid fucking clothes I'M NOT GOING TO :)

26. joustmaster

joustmaster not a racist

we need a support group!

i recently ordered a shirt from the m&s tailored website thing. it cost 60 quid, took 4 weeks to arrive, but actual fit really well. the first time, as an adult, that i have worn a shirt that i can move in, with out becoming untucked and showing the world my mans belly

the Next jeans/trousers that were xxlong were a great fit. and its a massive annoyance they don't have them any more. i have a torn and destroyed pair saved in my wardrobe, in case i find some one who can produce a copy of a pair.

but at the moment, its stalking the hand full of over priced tall/fat peoples websites for the one or two horrifically over priced items they have that fit me, waiting for a sale.

perhaps me and you have once been in an ebay bidding war with each other? :D

27. fredfelt

fredfelt Mostly unknown member

The support group starts here -

Google Levis 501 36/36 - (36 waist, 36 length). Not cheap but at least you get quality!
    After several months of looking for a waterproof cycle jacket I have found that 'Gore' is a good brand for long sleeves. Unlike most other brands they don't assume you have to be very fat to have long arms.

Now I find shoes relatively easy to buy with as I can use the internet. I'm happy to pay postage (even if I need to return to get the right size) as for years before the internet I could not find anything. Anyway the last time I went into 'High and Mighty', many years ago, I was about to buy a pair of trainers. Just as I was about to hand over my cash the assistant advised me that they were not suitable for sport as it turns out they of such low quality!