1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scotland v Italy

Discussion in 'Scotland/Alba' started by Stoi, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Stoi

Stoi New Member

Well a result in this match could totally change our group and make me start to research the cost of german phrasebooks! Dont know why, but feel quite confident we will at least get a draw although being a Scotland fan we all know that confidence tends to be misplaced. :(

My prediction is 1-1.
    Cmoanscotlandgerrintaetheypastamunchinnumptys!! :)
  2. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

Aye, I don't think we'll do to badly. We look better under Walter Smith these days, he seems to have injected some confidence into the squad.

1-1 is probably the best we can hope for.
  3. Ich bin ein Mod

Ich bin ein Mod does his make up in his room

Indeed, the loss of Buffon is a boost to us, but we're not good enough to beat Italy.
  4. ChocolateTeapot

ChocolateTeapot biscuit crumbs & balloons

du bist optimisch, nicht wahr?

If by some freaky fluke of results we ever get to Deutschland, I'll be the mad punter with Cowdenbeath flag.

CT
  5. ChocolateTeapot

Deutsch for begiinners:(stay with me: German is like Lego)

Ich heisse teapot. Bin schotte

ich liebe dich (a good prhrase to know in any language)

Kenny Miller sticking a few in the onion bag. Hibs traitor that he is

CT
  6. Ich bin ein Mod

Ich heisse Teakanne mit Schokolade shurely
  7. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

Kenny Miller!!!!!!!

Didn't the Italians look like shite?
  8. silentNate

silentNate 1.618 xakep

Best Scottish side I've seen in years- could have won it imho as they were definately the better side :(
  9. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

I have to say I was expecting the usual fuck up and I wasn't disappointed. :(
  10. ChocolateTeapot

ahem, coming from somebody called Ich bin ein Mod, I'll take no German lessons, thank you very much.

CT
  11. Ich bin ein Mod

Good, as I seriously doubt my correction was correct :D
  12. Stoi

Stoi New Member

bloody hell that is harsh! What was the fuck up?? :confused: Granted it was an annoying goal to lose. However the first save was excellent and if the shot hadnt taken a deflection the keeper would have got to it! Compared to the dross (first Holland game excepted) under Berti i thought that was an excellent performance and the first half was really enjoyable, we had them on the back foot for most of it!! Considering we are currently rated about 768 in the world rankings a 1-1 draw against one of the best teams in the world and a hard working performance then i think everyone involved deserves a good old pat on the back.

Second half was the usual emotional wringer tho!! All worth it in the end! And just wish i had listened to myself and put some money on it! :rolleyes:

So any predictions for the Norway game then? Sadly think it will be another 1-1 ending our World Cup dreams once again. Think would prefer a trip to S Africa anyway! :cool:
  13. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

The fuck up was the the Italian goal and it was entirely predictable. Aye, it was a terrific performance and I hope we can get a WIN in Norway. Being a natural cynic I think it will likely be a 1 - 1 draw like you say.

Gordon to stay in goal.
  14. steeplejack

steeplejack Reluctant Hardliner

A fine performance on Saturday. Italy are over-rated in my view.

BTW, our U-21s beat their Norwegian counterparts 1-0 last night. A repeat score in the main game will do me fine tonight.
  15. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

It could be a sign. The Italians are over-rated aren't they? I noticed the match isn't on Sky. I'm hoping to catch it on the BBC.
  16. starfish

starfish Aloof but effective.

Lets hope it is a sign, the U-21s drew with Italy on friday, then we drew with them on saturday. Fingers crossed.

Match is on BBC2 Scotland :mad: .
  17. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

I saw that and the second half is BBC1 Scotland...wtf is that all about?! :mad:
  18. starfish

starfish Aloof but effective.

If the second half is on BBC1 Scotland then happy days. NTL do BBC1 regions but not BBC2.
  19. Here we go

Here we go how'd we get here so fast

If the last two games are anything to go by then you'll get to watch the shit half.
  20. Here we go

Here we go how'd we get here so fast

21. Stoi

Stoi New Member

Another fine performance!! Glad to be proved wrong this time! :D Kenny Miller i salute you! :)
  22. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

But they could show all of England's defeat at the hands of NI.

Mind you, ntl is good for some things - eh? ;)