1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same old England..............always ????????

Discussion in 'general sports' started by trampie, Sep 29, 2011.

1. trampie

trampie Ba..ba..blacksheep Banned

Well its got to be said, after scoring tries against Romania, England coaching staff were deliberately giving their kicker a different ball, a ball he liked because he could'nt kick with the match ball.

Remember in the 03 rugger tournie England were going to lose to Samoa and deliberately put 16 men on the pitch, the 16th man helped stop a try.

Remember 66 in footie, 'the robbery of the century' the South Americans called it, after they thought that England and Germany got their officials to put each other through, then the semi final was changed at the last minute to prevent England travelling to Portugals home base and stay at Wembley and then there was the 'ghost' goal in the final.

Remember bodyline where England couldnt beat Australia playing within the spirit of the game so they apparently tried to physical hit them, then there was a series in Sri Lanka, England lost the first test and didnt get the rub of the green and then had umpires changed and put so much pressure on the new umpires that they give every decision to England for the next two tests, giving them every appeal, lbws and catches were given in Englands favour when they shouldnt have and the opposite for Sri Lanka.

Have some standards for ffs England.;)
  2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model let's kill the king

i don't think anyone posting here remembers bodyline.
  3. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

Same old trampie... always?
  4. QueenOfGoths

QueenOfGoths Black puddings very black today, Mother!

Is this that joke where the punchline is "Remember the Alamo"?
  5. Pickman's model

Pickman's model let's kill the king

i left it behind :(
    QueenOfGoths likes this.
  6. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

You've made me miss. I've never missed the board before.
    QueenOfGoths likes this.
  7. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

....boring.
  8. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

I was going to post the excat same thread this morning, with same title too!! No doubt if they lose to Scotalnd by more than the requisite number of points they will demand an immediate rule change to allow them into quarters!
  9. embree

embree Well-Known Member

Same old Welsh
  10. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

Did England cheat? YES, Fact.

Get over it, you cheated and were caught. I'd have kicked you out the competition.
  11. Stash

Stash Well-Known Member

Don't worry, I'm over it. The only people who care about rugby union in England are posh people and coppers.
    editor and Ted Striker like this.
  12. mattie

mattie missing in inaction

To be fair, if it was Wales and it were up to me, I'd have kicked you buggers out of the competition too.
  13. trampie

trampie Ba..ba..blacksheep Banned

There was a strong case for England to have been thrown out of the 2003 world cup and they went onto win it, Woodward the man in charge apparently demanded that England send on a sub without the player to be subbed coming off as he thought that his team was going to lose he thought the opposition was going to score, this was admitted by England, who if i remember correctly took top lawyers to the hearing.

England didnt get expelled from the comp and went onto win it, who said cheating doesnt pay.

They knew what they were doing was cheating that it was against the rules but they did it anyway.

The situation was if i recall England had a player injured, the ref played on, England wanted to get their sub on, Samoa was all over them at that stage, the main man for England was screaming to the English officials on the bench, to get the sub on, we cant wait for Joe Bloggs to come off, for fs get him on now their going to score, their going to score, we are going to lose.

It was quite late on in the game, at the very end England score a few points, but if they hadnt had cheated when they did England probably would have lost.
  14. mattie

The law comes from when teams would swap a soaked and therefore heavyweight ball for a dry and therefore lighter one for the kicks. Makes little odds now, which is why the officials only suggested those involved should stop the practice during half-time.

Could be worse, they could have - say, just for arguments sake - genuinely tried to cheat by using the wrong ball at a quick lineout. What sort of team would have the lack of scruples and - dare I say it, class - to claim a try scored with the wrong ball off a quick line-out?

They'd be a disgrace, wouldn't they? I'm not sure even Neil Back would claim a victory 'won' in such an underhand manner, it would be too outrageous and contemptuous of the laws and etiquette of the game for anyone of any decency to endure.

If I lost a game in such a manner, I'd be well up for a bit of revenge.

;)
  15. Teaboy

Teaboy Tryhard wannabe

Err, Trampie. Wales have their best opportunity to win the cup ever and you're worried about what England are up to?

We're flattered with all the attention we get from our neighbours but I really think about now is the time to concentrate on your own team.
  16. mattie

Quite right. I think we should all slag off Wales.
  17. mattie

18. Teaboy

Teaboy Tryhard wannabe

But hold on, I thought all refs were against Wales and it was always bad decisions that cost them the game. I don't know what to think now.

At least unlike those horrible England players we can rely on them to behave off the pitch and not get pissed and drive a golf buggy down the M4.
  19. mattie

I think, deep down, most refs are against Wales. Refs are only human.

The taff is a superlative cheat though. The poor ref didn't have time to blink before Ireland were swindled out of the win.
  20. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

Mattie, what makes it worse is that England asked the referee twice if they could change the ball and were told no, and then they went and di it anyway!
  21. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

And there ain't fuck all you can do.
  22. 1927

1927 Community Statesman

Grinding ya noses into the dirt in the semi final will have to do then!
  23. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

ah this is going/to go well!
    same bullshit arrogance
  24. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Yes trampie, listen to your boy.
  25. strung out

strung out (",)

don't be arrogant then
  26. mattie

:D

Excellent.
  27. mattie

28. mattie

29. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

tada
  30. strung out

strung out (",)

got any comments on the habitual cheats who play rugby for wales?