1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ryanair...never again

Discussion in 'transport' started by beeboo, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx purves grundy - definitely a bloke

I reckon he could charge people to get off the plane first :D

Greebo likes this.
  2. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055

3. Kidda

Kidda Z is for stripey oss

They are a fucking disgrace. I hope they end up going out of business, the contempt they show for their customers is appalling.

They made that man who lost his whole family in a house fire last week pay to change his flight so he could quickly get home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24177834

Greebo likes this.
  4. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055

It's this kind of unnecessary nastiness they've realised is damaging them. Other budget airlines manage to turn a profit without the cuntiness.

Greebo likes this.
  5. Greebo

Greebo All the personality of your own plastic copy.

Tbf on Ryan Air's general cuntiness is sometimes offset by the cabin crew. On my return flight from Poznan, there were 2 adults with 2 very small children (the older one was maybe 3 years old) and they hadn't been able to book seats together. Luckily for them, 3 people who'd reserved seats didn't show up, so the cabin crew set about persuading people into swapping seats until both children were where they could be easily supervised by both adults for most of the flight.

6. ash

ash Inittogether

Their support for people with disabilities is appalling from my experience. Travelling with someone who is blind and needs no assistance we phoned and after several attempts finally got through and were told that our request to be seated together would be communicated. At the Spanish airport we went to the disability assistance desk who couldn't help. Went to the gate which was absolute chaos the ground crew said they couldn't help eventually we were allowed to leave the gate after the prepaid priority seat people. This meant we were on the same bus to the plane as everyone else and had to do the Ryanair Saigon dash across the runway onto the plane. Never again!!!

7. Greebo

It's because of Minnie_the_Minx's multiple bad experiences with Ryan Air that I put my foot down about VP not going with me to Poland - with adequate help (including being guaranteed a wheelchair for airport use), it might just about have been doable (albeit still have made him relapse very badly) but as it was, no fucking way. :(

8. ash

ash Inittogether

The staff on the plane were very friendly and I imagine if we hadn't got seats together they may have helped. I'm sure you will agree that when travelling you don't want to be dependant on the kindness of staff. We need guaranteed, stress free support as the rest of the journey; toilets, security etc etc is bad enough.

9. Greebo

Abso-bleedin-lutely - and it's because of the lack of guaranteed stressfree support that VP didn't go and two of my other relatives cancelled after a last minute health emergency instead of merely contacting the airline to arrange for extra support.

ash likes this.
  10. Kidda

Kidda Z is for stripey oss

The worst thing is the whole ''Oh we're losing money because we're horrible bastards, best change that so we can coin it in again'' rather than ''ah we've treated people really shitty, customers are important to us''.

fuck them and the shit plane they flew in on.

Boris Sprinkler and Greebo like this.
  11. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

12. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

If Flight MH370 was a Ryanair plane Michael O'Leary would say 'ah well, shit happens' - then promptly raise prices to cover their losses.

T & P and Minnie_the_Minx like this.
  13. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

And no refunds for the passengers who would have got on the following flight had the plane made it to its destination.