1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renegade Dogs Writing Contest

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by DotCommunist, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055

I'm out this month because of looming exams.

The rest of you better man up and produce something :mad:

2. ShiftyBagLady

ShiftyBagLady hot just like an oven

Unsurprisingly, I'm stumped. I've got nothing.
    I've been thinking, honest, but I can't magic anything out of my brain.

3. DotCommunist

DotCommunist virtue without terror is impotent.

Nananana I already have a few hundred words. I wanted to go sci fi again but my pointy fingers made me write about my hometown. Not finished yet.

4. DotCommunist

Look, you cannot wait for the muse. It is not going to strike you like an angry fist of god. The muse is a shit concept. Just write. As you write so shall you feel the muse. Even if you write a scant 500 words of crap it will have you getting your hand in.

5. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055

Yes! I've been waiting all my life for a story about Northampton.

6. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055

Worst collective member ever

[​IMG]

7. ShiftyBagLady

Ah but i had a good idea for teh first one, an idea... I don't even know where to start with this topic.
    Ok. I'll stop thinking about it on the bus and tomorrow I will sit down with tea and a notebook and give ten minutes to it. If it doesn't set me on fire I'll wait for the next one.

I like it when you're mean to me... tough love

8. ShiftyBagLady

:mad:

Like I said, I'm an 'ideas person'

9. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055

It's not meant to be easy shifty! Force yourself to write something and put it up however awful you think it is.

In fact, if you enter something I'll put up something really short & personal I wrote for a girl, hows that for a deal?

10. DotCommunist

remember that as a collective we take a very loose interpretation of the theme. A Homeland makes for a broad field.

11. DotCommunist

well, it appears that everyone had a skip month this month:hmm:

Including me. I propose we roll over to next month and have it freeform as 'a homeland' produced no joy from anyone, at all.

If this is not objected to then we shall just go 'any writingz accepted for this month'? Given that the theme of last month produced SFA from any of us writers?:facepalm:

12. Cid

Cid Degenerate Scum

Sorry, been working my arse off (as in 6/7 days of 12 hrs+) and just haven't had the time. Will try to get something done this month.

13. Spanky Longhorn

Spanky Longhorn CASE NIGHTMARE GREEN

Can I play? I've got a idea for a short story about a Homeland...

14. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055

Right, finished exams yesterday so will try and produce something this month.

15. DotCommunist

PM me or Belushi an email address then you can be sent an invite to teh blog.

16. DotCommunist

deadline tomorrow. I've something that I'll edit and fiddle at before midnight 25th. Come on you slack bastards. I've accepted far more invites than I've seen contributors :mad:

17. Cid

Cid Degenerate Scum

Maybe we should restore the old deadlines... After all there's not much point giving people extra time to read the entries if there are only 1 or 2. Not gonna make it this month either, had an exhibition on Sunday and have been back on robots since then.

18. DotCommunist

well, I've stuck something up, so there.

anyone else who fancies it, and there are loads of registered contributers, knock one yourself out

19. DotCommunist

ploughing a lonely furrow here

20. Sadken

Sadken K-5 You -0

What the dealio?

21. S☼I

S☼I human being not a human doing

I can't register. Can't get on Googlemail. Will keep trying.

22. DotCommunist

a hotmail account should allow you brer.

I've been fallow, recently, bereft of time or inspiration. I know you strike the muse she don't strike you etc and craft maketh art. I'll maybe try some haiku- they always get me in the mood for a short story

23. S☼I

I got in. I have posted.

24. S☼I

Bumpety. Go, people, I have posted something.

25. DotCommunist

I enjoyed reading it, although my only crit is that I think it might suffer some editing well. I am a total Stalin about brevity though, personal taste and that. :)

26. S☼I

Longest thing I ever wrote. Short one next time, maybe about factory work or something. :)

27. DotCommunist

LOL write what you feel dude, I always make crit cos I appreciate the same- we don't have to take it on board but sometimes it is good to hear ennit? Sharpens the the tools- I tell you what since we are discussing brevity do you fancy a haiku-off? three haiku on a subject of your choice. It'll spur me to writing at least and haiku is fun

Gwan, it'll liven up my boring weekend!

28. S☼I

Alright. 3 haiku on 3 different paintings. Haiku titles same as said paintings, so we know. Just the 5/7/5 rule, no seasonal words or tying lines 1 & 2 neatly with 3, necessarily. I'll post em here this time tomorrow.

As for crit, it's nice. Welcome. Hardly ever had any, just "no thanks" or "yes, will publish". Or MySpace people putting "Good job, man!" and not a word about what might make it better.

29. DotCommunist

woah, a task! I shall see what I can do in the morn :cool:

30. S☼I

Me too. I have a 4 1/2 hr car journey tomorrow. But tonight - I'm getting Peroni'd.