1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations for Band Websites

Discussion in 'music making & live music' started by Lucy Fur, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

So I've got a new band together, weve been rehersing and got our set together so now it's time to try and get some gigs, which means doing the bit I've always managed to avoid to date: band website. So recommendations please, whats the best site to use, Facebook, MySpace, Soundthingy? If it maters, we do instrumental surfy stuff.

All advice welcomed.

Cheers
  2. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

Sadly, facebook.
    Lucy Fur likes this.
  3. Firky

Firky The first of the gang Banned

Nimbit.com and ReverbNation.com are worth a look.

Mostly though it is the big three: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube. All watched over by machines of love and google.
    Kaka Tim and Lucy Fur like this.
  4. audiotech

audiotech wav, aiff, mp3, ogg, flac

If you're seriously looking to promote and sell your music then these two come recommended:

NumberOneMusic
    SongCast
    Lucy Fur likes this.
  5. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

facebook for "networking" <spit>
    For just making a band website and putting songs up then bandcamp (you can also sell tunes through there). it is a lot neater than facebook but you don't get the interaction.
    Lucy Fur likes this.
  6. Lucy Fur

Thanks everyone, I'll check these ones out. Looks like a Facebook one is obligatory, and then maybe a reverb nation one or band camp one.
    :)
  7. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

i personally would avoid reverbnation, it looks outdated and messy. i don't know any band that uses it. bandcamp is much more user friendly (or if you can make a proper website, or wordpress site, then even better, but that takes a lot more time etc).

i think you'd be right to stick to one interactive site and one static site though, no more than that.
  8. Lucy Fur

Cheers, Facebook and Bandcamp it is.:)
  9. miniGMgoit

miniGMgoit OverWeightUnderAchiever

I like Bandcamp myself.