1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question re:right hand context menu please?

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by panpete, Aug 8, 2012.

1. panpete

panpete Blokes name, birds body.

context menu.jpg
    Hi

I use Firefox 14.
    I installed yahoo messenger and have since un-instaled it.
    My home page is set to yahoo.com, I know that I can reset that back to my old homepage. Google Advanced Search
    I don't know how to change the right-hand context menu back from "search yahoo" to "search google" See pic below on right hand side.
    Please can someone help me as I prefer google search engine to yahoo.

Thanks
  2. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Stealth Llama

It changes when you change the Search Bar search engine
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Search_Bar
  3. souljacker

souljacker Eggs Bread Cigs Milk

Click the little yahoo icon in the search box (there is a little downward arrow there) and you should get a list of search providers. Choose the one you want and it will be the default.
  4. panpete

context2.jpg
    Hi,

Thank you guys.
    I changed the drop down arrow to google, and "search google" is now showing in my context menu, however, Yahoo is also still showing.
    It is also showing in my menu bar.
    Please could you tell me how to get rid of yahoo from my menu bar and context menu?
    Sorry for the extra questions, but thanks.
  5. 14teeth

14teeth Banned Banned

To get rid of yahoo, click the further right box on your screen, right click, and scroll the whole screen. Right click again and select 'delete all'
  6. panpete

Hi

Did you mean to get rid of the yahoo search engine from the list of engines in the box upper right?
    I did this, and re started firefox but yahoo is still in my menu bar and context menu?

Thank you
  7. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat roast fishco and cornbread

:confused:

Dunno.

Have you got some Yahoo add-on running?

(Tools - Add-ons then try clicking 'disable' if you find something Yahoo-ish)
    panpete likes this.
  8. panpete

Of course, I will have a look and disable, thanks :)