1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for iphone users

Discussion in 'mobiles and tablets' started by miss direct, Apr 29, 2012.

1. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

I found some photos on my boyfriend's iphone, in the camera album.
    How would they have got there? Would he have taken them using the phone? Or could someone have sent them to his phone? Or could he have downloaded them?

Thanks...
  2. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

All of the above are possible.

I don't think (although it may be technically possible) someone could have just put them there unless they had the phone unlocked. If by 'sent them to his phone' you mean texted or emailed then yes they could.
  3. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

Thanks... So do picture messages go straight on the camera album??
  4. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

No, you need to save them.
  5. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

Oh right :( thanks
  6. DexterTCN

DexterTCN ding dong

Shouldn't really be looking through someone else's stuff.
  7. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

That wasn't the question.
  8. B0B2oo9

B0B2oo9 You're all Gay

When badgers sends me a photo on Whatsapp it ends up in my album....

FACT
    Badgers likes this.
  9. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

I think that is a setting you need to have on? Could be possible on iPhone to have this.
  10. B0B2oo9

B0B2oo9 You're all Gay

It can cause some red faces etc....
    Badgers likes this.
  11. Boris Sprinkler

Boris Sprinkler Jizz Lasso

Screenshots also end up there, as do mail attachments, if they are saved.
  12. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Maybe they were in his iTunes/ iCloud account already and were downloaded into the phone during a software update. Or if there is more than one iTunes account on a certain computer he might have uploaded them from it if it plugged the phone into it.
  13. DRINK?

DRINK? bummed by karmachameleon

I'm thinking they were saucy
  14. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

No, not saucy, just about 5 photos of the same girl.
  15. Gerry1time

Gerry1time pities the neurotypical

Could well have come from the phone being synced to another computer, specifically being synced to that computer's iPhoto album. Confused the hell out of me when I found a bunch of photos on my phone that I took using my proper camera, but which I'd edited in iPhoto.
  16. Kanda

Kanda Nosh Wagon

Doesn't that wipe all other stuff too though? Thought you could only sync with one computer... ?
  17. joustmaster

joustmaster not a racist

My phone is full of all sorts of pictures of people, things and tits.
    I wouldn't worry about it.
    fractionMan likes this.
  18. peterkro

peterkro I sing this for the Crickets.

Let it go,that way lies madness.
  19. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

I know and the stupid thing is that it was ages ago, well, a month ago at least, and I asked him about it at the time. I have trust issues, clearly.
  20. Kanda

Kanda Nosh Wagon

Did you peek at his phone because you doubted/had trust issues already? If so, grill him about it, they won't go away...

If it was an accidental look... maybe leave it...
  21. Gerry1time

Gerry1time pities the neurotypical

No idea, though I've never tried it on more than one computer tbf. I'd imagine there are options for sync/sync and overwrite/etc.

Would agree with letting it go though. Or at least thinking about why you're doubting him. I once had a girlfriend who spent the entire time suspecting me when I was up to the square root of fuck all. Made us both very unhappy, then broke us up for no reason that was based on fact. :(
  22. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

I grilled him at the time!
    I was only having a look at his photos because I wanted to see the new ones he'd taken in the snow.
  23. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

I guess I'm doubting him because we're a long way away from each other at the moment...I have no confidence in my looks now and I see a lot of cheating going on around me. Last night I had a very realistic dream about him cheating on me.
  24. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

IME it just adds stuff to your iphone contents- that's certainly the case with the g/f's iTunes music selection.
  25. fredfelt

fredfelt Mostly unknown member

I expect that any digital picture has plenty of meta-data associated with it. There's probably app's / sites you can view data that's associated with the picture. There may well be a GPS tag with the picture and perhaps a reference to the device which took the picture.

All of that sounds like a lot of hard work when you could just ask a question though.
  26. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

I did ask and he said she had sent them to him. However, I couldn't work out why a girl would just send loads of photos of herself to a guy. It's not something I'd do...but then I don't love myself.
  27. DexterTCN

DexterTCN ding dong

So he was there when you were looking through his pics?
  28. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

he was asleep.
  29. DexterTCN

DexterTCN ding dong

As I'm now a grand-parent of a few years I'll say what my gran and grandad would say to me then. Hell mend you. Seems like you were raking around his stuff because you have 'trust issues' when in fact you seem to be most untrustworthy, going into your partner's private things when you have no right, and you've found something most likely entirely innocent but you'll never get over it. And not the first (or last) time, I'd bet.

I may be wrong. Don't take offence if I am.
  30. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

Maybe...but if someone is cheating on me I'd rather know than waste my time. I don't have anything to hide and wouldn't care if anyone looked through my stuff.