1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#occupy London....

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by AKA pseudonym, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Steve Marriott RIP

mind yourself and good luck :)

2. Pops in from where I am thousands of miles away south of Cuba to say well done all

smokedout and stephj like this.
  3. editor

editor Got a fever +the only prescription is more cowbell

Hello again! Hope you're well!

I've got some friends who are at the protest so I'll hopefully putting up a blog post soon.

Badger Kitten likes this.
  4. Mapped

Mapped In Da Bush

Good luck to everyone there :cool: Trying to keep a low profile at the moment re: getting arrested and smacked round the head with a truncheon, but I'll be getting involved soon I hope :)

5. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Steve Marriott RIP

Luther Blissett likes this.
  6. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Nomadologist

Show me this posts/thread (or clue what to search for) & explicit call from organisers pls. Can't answer til I know what u know. thax

7. editor

Met tweets:

8. taffboy gwyrdd

taffboy gwyrdd Embrace the confusion!

As it happens I am both poor and real. It's an awkward issue of course, but a real one as I was speaking to someone directly affected 2 days ago. Any successful occ will, as a bi product, probably end up doing an unpaid social services function. Speaking to the issue would be more helpful than smarty pants sarcasm.

9. FabricLiveBaby!

FabricLiveBaby! OUTRAGED!

Erm... Why has the #occupylsx hashtag dissapeared from trends on Twitter?

Dodgy!

10. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Well, there's the OP in this very thread for starters. An op which presumably you read as you managed to 'like' it.

Thax

Luther Blissett likes this.
  11. copliker

copliker ...

This sort of thing is not acceptable.

12. Luther Blissett

Thanx for pointing it out - I'd missed that originally and expect others did too :facepalm:

13. Luther Blissett

Agree

14. Luther Blissett

#occupywallstreet didn't 'trend' in the US either :hmm:

15. editor

16. FabricLiveBaby!

FabricLiveBaby! OUTRAGED!

The strange thing is that it's trending worldwide, but isn't trending in the UK. :hmm: I'm not a conspiracy theorist but......

17. Luther Blissett

I checked on the linked facebook group, and there's no mention of 'troofers' on their call to protest from the info page.

So then I checked on the linked website, and again, no mention of 'troofers' in their call to join the worldwide throng of OCCUPYers.

18. editor

It's there in the opening post though:

19. copliker

copliker ...

It's all over the web. Eg, indymedia.

20. Luther Blissett

Yeah. Pity that's in the OP - what's written by the actual organisers is far more inclusive.

The 'official' blurb says:
    Is it possible to change the OP to reflect the OCCUPY call, rather than some mangled blurb that google-matches U75 to 911trutherIckeatemyZOGhamster websites?

21. butchersapron

What, they only said one single thing over the last few weeks did they? Clearly, and this thread is evidence of it, they didn't.

22. Luther Blissett

And as part of localised (i.e. U75) protest against troofer dufus types associating with the OCCUPY movement, then the OP can be changed to reflect the actual OCCUPY blurb as it stands today.

23. editor

24. butchersapron

Pointless stalinism

editor likes this.
  25. dylans

dylans overlord of all acorns

The Rome protests are turning violent.

26. Luther Blissett

Ok. It was posted to about 25 or so mainly fringe locations - not that many in the grand scheme of things

27. Luther Blissett

Hardly pointless and not stalinist either to suggest a change of OP to the non-troofer one(s).

I unliked the OP when told it contained a call to troofers.
    There are other announcements elsewhere on the web which don't have troofer blurb in, so I *like* those instead.

28. butchersapron

But you still want to change history? It's not all about what you 'like' -it's about an accurate record of what happened.

29. Luther Blissett

No, I don't want to change history. You pointed it out. You complained about my response to your pointing it out. Basically, no matter how I respond to you, you won't be satisfied, so get off my back, mack.
    All it says to me is where the OP gets their information from. Don't make a big deal out of it. It's not about me. I didn't start the thread, and if I had, it wouldn't have had any troofer blurb in it - I'd have used the non-troofer blurb.

30. Luther Blissett