1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#occupy London....

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by AKA pseudonym, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Will2403

Will2403 Well-Known Member

oi! :mad: it's not actually! i'm going to the london one :)

i think it's this guy, well he's an admin, so if you wanna assassinate one of the ringleaders, it might as well be him :)
    http://www.facebook.com/magicalmelvin

glad to see people are finally getting a clue. 6 months late, but as they say, better late than never. it's kinda tough and a bit frustrating being so far ahead of the game, but that's life.

if you attend and we fail, you don't go home with nothing... you get this sticker:

[​IMG]

nawwww, ain't they cute! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BigTom likes this.
  2. Will2403

nick shaxson knows the score.

so do al jazeera!
    http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/09/20119281581769464.html

3. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

why are you being a cunt and outing someone as an organiser? :confused:
    doing their job for them or what! :facepalm:

4. Will2403

lol wut?

it's on fb. it's public knowledge.

:facepalm: yourself.

5. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Not sure nick shaxson needs outing! He's a very famous author.

6. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

carry on then!

7. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Ready to Riot

Any news on this?

8. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

9. where to

where to Well-Known Member

10. Mapped

Mapped London town

Shall we get the V masks in for next month? :)

11. AKA pseudonym

AKA pseudonym Well-Known Member

i hear there's gonna be heap of them there available....

stuff_it and N1 Buoy like this.
  12. Mapped

Mapped London town

Good news :D

13. where to

where to Well-Known Member

4500 going according to their facebook page. this may be quite big.

14. smokedout

smokedout criminal

Francis Tanseco
    Can someone bring some INVOCATION/prayers and EXORCISE the buildings to be OCCUPIED, these buildings are full of evil entity it will zapped away all your energy. Somebody has to do exorsicism on these buildings comes Saturday.

Peter Spencer I think you have something there, do you know about the veseca piscis, sacred geometry look it up. Use the shape and fill the overlap with energy, you could draw it on the floor in chalk and and stand on its outline and exude pure love. they will not stand a chance.

Peter Spencer are you aware that sacred geometry has been used in the city and the architectural decorations of the buildings, They are truly protected by magic which I believe can be hijacked and used against them. see

Francis Tanseco I have my own exercises for protecting myself and others through meditation using those geometries...its great

cosmic!

15. krink

krink I'll do it this afternoon

I'm taking tin foil hats to sell. gonna make a killing.

16. smokedout

smokedout criminal

oh dear - notices have gone up around paternoster square saying this is private property fuck off basically, now there's a big argument on facebook with the hippies and posh kids saying we shouldnt go there in case we all get arrested and it looks bad in the papers

:facepalm:

17. shaman75

shaman75 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if 'trespass' can be dealt with by the police? This seems to be the word on the posters...

[​IMG]

CJAPO 1994 seems to suggest it can only be done if they have lots of vehicles on the land, use threatening behaviour/ language or damage the property.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1994/33/section/61

Is there anything else out there that provides powers?

18. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

trespass is a civil offence, aggravated trespass (CJA 1994, section 68 iirc) is a criminal act.
    trespass becomes aggravated trespass if you trespass with the intention of harrasing or intimidating someone, or disrupting someone in the course of their lawful duties.

(ianal)

19. Ground Elder

Ground Elder Well-Known Member

20. smokedout

smokedout criminal

as well as this there are laws on public processions, obstruction etc, as well as countless bylaws in the square mile

any who thought that it was going to be legal and unopposed to set up a camp in the city is a fruitcake, we don't live in fucking trumpton

rollinder likes this.
  21. free spirit

free spirit more tea vicar?

pre-emptive strike against the square being legally squatted, although they really should have put the owners name and address on it I'd have thought.

just slap a section 6 notice up anyway, and point out that you're aware it's private land, and that you are claiming it as the owners of the land being as you're not aware of any prior claims to the land. Should get you a few days grace at least before the courts and police can actually be involved, as they can't throw you off without the court determining who actually owns the land if you're contesting that.

oh, and can someone tell whoever's scared of getting nicked to grow some balls or not get involved, as chances are fairly high of people getting nicked at some point, and they need to accept it and build it into their thinking and plan for it if they're going to be even slightly effective. This means having legal observers, legal support teams, volunteers to meet those who've been nicked when they're released from court etc etc that way being nicked isn't such a scary proposition, meaning people are more prepared to risk it if need be.

the anti globalisation movement they apparently deride had around 5-600 nicked at gleneagles out of 4-5000, and thousands of others at various protests around the world, so if they want to give it the big I am in their blurb, they need to not start winging at the start about the possibility of a night in the cells IMHO.

Good luck to whoever's involved, I'd not be anyway, but definitely wouldn't given their statement about the anti-globalisation movement, which to me is just disrespectful bollocks. If they get millions on the streets and change the world, I'll admit they might have had a point, but while it's 3 tents in manchester telling the world manchester is now occupied I'm thinking we were a little more swarmlike and global in our reach.

rollinder and BigTom like this.
  22. shaman75

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/stand...ployed-for-wall-st-copycat-protest-in-city.do

23. shaman75

24. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

What did they say about the anti-globalisation movement? do you have a link? that's very dissapointing as I'd see it as the most directly comparable movement, and one they should be learning from and respecting - they will piss off a lot of very competent activists by doing that..

25. taffboy gwyrdd

taffboy gwyrdd Embrace the confusion!

Excited as I am, and admiring of all of all comrades involved in getting this exciting project underway, I think a concern needs to be addressed early doors:

It is inevtitable that street based occupations will attract street based people. Some of their politics may be sound. Others may not. Some will be vulnerable, others will feel intimidating and cause genuine safety concerns. This is not alarmist prejudiced bullshit, I am not going to jeapodise people's anonymitity by going it to how I know that it aint. What happens if a bunch of dodgy lowlife decide to hand out and run the show, or just create a bad impression and get threatening etc. Can you force them to fuck off? Why should they? I hope people realise this concern is well founded and sincere, and that comrades can give it some thought in advance of such instances arising.

Separately, with regard to other occupations in this wave, I just don't sense the same level of sneeriness from the public or even the press as there would have been in the past.

I sense a turning of the tide. Quite where it will lead is too early to tell. Such occupations shouldnt respond to early pressure to draw up "manifestos" in my opinion. It is the 24 hour media cycle that exerts these pressures. Such short termism isnt a million miles from the market madness that rightfully sees more people taking to the streets in this fashion.
    Love and light to all, and best wishes for tomorrow. If I had to sacrifice Welsh victory for an occupation success I would do it in a heartbeat.

26. free spirit

free spirit more tea vicar?

from the quote in the OP
    apparently we were all blindly following some unnamed alpha male leader or some such bollocks. Maybe I'm being oversensitive here, but given that the consensus decision making process they're using is the exact same process used by dissent, and I've seen it used by earth first, RTS etc in the 90's and it was fairly common throughout the anti globalisation movement worldwide, I'm fucking baffled by this statement and why it's being used on a call out now. Seems at best pretty clueless.

ddraig, stephj, rollinder and 2 others like this.
  27. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

cheers.. I thought it might be that after I posted.. I agree with you really, I don't understand that statement, and I was only ever involved with rts/anti-globalisation stuff as a participant going along to some of the major protests.

28. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Ready to Riot

That statement is utter bollocks but, to be fair, that is just one quote from one indvidual, not worth spitting feathers about.

To me this seems very much like the anti-capitlalist protests of 1999 - 2001 mark 2. Cos events have proved we were absolutely bang on the money.

BigTom likes this.
  29. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

i'm washing my socks tomorrow, in a spirit of occupying them the following week

30. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!