1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notes from the occupation - bluestreak goes camping

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by bluestreak, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Orang Utan

Orang Utan like an outdated combine harvester

Hit a nerve did I? :D

keybored and Onket like this.
  2. Corax

Corax This will change your life: http://bit.ly/19lPFRa

I'm sure that Will will reflect, realise that he's not quite as funny as he thinks he is, and apologise to the mods after an appropriate interval. And I'm sure they'll then consider that.

And if he's let back on, he'll either calm himself down, or do it all over again a la Ninj.

El Niño and girasol like this.
  3. editor

editor Got a fever +the only prescription is more cowbell

This certainly hastened his demise:
    :facepalm:

El Niño likes this.
  4. sunnysidedown

sunnysidedown Well-Known Member

the lads a plank.

lizzieloo likes this.
  5. lizzieloo

lizzieloo Up yer bum

Well put

6. Rutita1

Rutita1 Perfectly Flawed

It's quite surreal actually....WIll is nothing like that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ in real life.

El Niño likes this.
  7. girasol

girasol visual spaceship pilot

I thought he was clearly, and obvioulsy, joking, in most of his posts.

I also remember one of his posts (or maybe it was a thread) which indicated he may be fragile, emotionally, at times.

El Niño, frogwoman, quimcunx and 2 others like this.
  8. RaverDrew

RaverDrew self-banned for a bit R.I.P.

Why does urban always bully newcomers, especially those with any character to them ?

Basically if you don't fit in, then fuck off.

Onket and El Niño like this.
  9. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

Character? You wouldn't know it if it ran you over boyo.

10. editor

If they carry on trashing important threads with off-topic nonsense, ignore repeated warnings from mods, generally fuck about disrupting threads, attract a host of reported posts from the community, and when given a short ban immediately reregister under a welter of new IDs, then yes, they can fuck off.

He wasn't bullied. He was dealt with extreme patience.

El Niño likes this.
  11. claphamboy

claphamboy The wheels on the bus go round and round....

He wasn't new, he's been here for well over a year, nor was he bullied.

El Niño likes this.
  12. Spanky Longhorn

Spanky Longhorn CASE NIGHTMARE GREEN

I think there is sometimes an element that likes to bully new people who don't know the rules, though I don't think the mods play a role in that and I certainly, I don't think Will was bullied or new, or seemed very likeable.

El Niño likes this.
  13. Rutita1

Rutita1 Perfectly Flawed

Anyway....operation Occupy LFS pop up bike shop is my next mission.

Pics later! :)

lizzieloo likes this.
  14. girasol

girasol visual spaceship pilot

Yeah, never seen him being bullied. I do think he should be let back though, please reconsider, surely we can keep him in line ourselves? :)

El Niño, RaverDrew and frogwoman like this.
  15. xenon

xenon SomeKackAboutTheUniverse

Fuck Will, who cares. What's happening at Occupy?

16. RaverDrew

RaverDrew self-banned for a bit R.I.P.

Whatever, he never stood a chance once the braying mob started goading him. And after he had the audacity to report a mod's post the knives were out for him and he became a dead man walking.

The blandification of urban continues...

Onket and El Niño like this.
  17. editor

You've got that all arse about tit. He'd already been warned several times. It was his decision to carry on arsing about.

El Niño likes this.
  18. weepiper

weepiper eb slootly non verbal

Oh for God's sake, 'braying mob', fuck off.

El Niño, Jon-of-arc, spirals and 5 others like this.
  19. lizzieloo

lizzieloo Up yer bum

He was acting like a nob, that's why everyone was goading him, right from when he started posting here he was acting like a nob, being seriously, seriously creepy on the naked thread, trashing other threads, etc, etc.

You saying it's the braying mob again is so jarring. Often when lots of people don't like somebody it's just because they're an utter twerp. Not because of this group bullying thing you insist on all the bloody time.

El Niño, equationgirl and editor like this.
  20. weepiper

weepiper eb slootly non verbal

Exactly!

El Niño likes this.
  21. Crispy

Crispy Fond of drink and industry

This alleged blandification was under full steam when I joined the boards, going by threads at the time. Yet here we still are.

El Niño, Gramsci and RaverDrew like this.
  22. killer b

killer b Cute, in a stupid-ass way

we should redecorate the boards in magnolia.

RaverDrew likes this.
  23. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

Aaanway, a few weeks on, and I've just seen Ali Campbell of all people on this week saying what I'm sure what many are thinking.

Essentially, 'fine, attack capitalism - however the papers are filled with stories of the Anglican church in crisis. While bob diamond sniggers in canary wharf..'

A valid point surely? And please, can't be arsed with juvenile personal abuse for raising it.

24. editor

The occupation has got the whole issue of fatcat bonuses, the conduct of the banks and how the city operates back into the headlines. That makes it a very worthwhile exercise in my book. The fact that it's forced the church to think about what side they're on is just an added bonus.

25. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

The banks aren't in the headlines. Not here anyway. In NYC yes. Here it's all bizarrely been about internal church politics.

This London effort has taken its eye off the ball and canary wharf has not been touched.

26. editor

Did you not hear the Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams speaking out for a 'Robin Hood tax' on banks?

27. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

I'm sure a weirdo in a funny hat's opinion will be taken very very seriously by the treasury and those cunts sitting in their towers in canary wharf.

The investment banks are not in the City anymore. That's a basic fact. They're loving this accidental classic strawman I'm sure.

28. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

for once, i agree with the kiwi tbh, gabi is right in so many ways about how this has and hasn't been reported.

29. editor

What else may a load of people in tents do to draw attention to this issue? It's a small step for sure, but it's better than no step.

El Niño likes this.
  30. editor