1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NF attack on Manchester Pride-please help

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by rosa, Aug 26, 2005.

1. flimsier

flimsier Banned Banned

You've also said, in the past, that the BNP won't.

2. LLETSA

LLETSA We've all had enough. Banned Banned

I think what I've actually said was that they will never 'come to power.'

But they won't become a mass party either, in my view-not in the true sense of the words at any rate.

3. audiotech

audiotech wav, aiff, mp3, ogg, flac

The stupid bib I was told to wear (equivalent to a target at the time) was made up too :rolleyes: (it was innovative though).

Hear this coachbuilder, one little shit was hauled up onto the shoulders of some other little shit. This, stationary, in a coach park, Manchester.

4. audiotech

Copeland is crazy. He was photographed alongside a leading BNP member once. He belonged to a far-right group. Don't know what they said to him. Nothing pleasant I should imagine.

Leeds it was.

Leeds and other parts of the country.

You asked me about 'covert violence' in a post. I replied.

5. audiotech

Things are not the same because of the activity of anti-fascists for one.

6. LLETSA

Parallel universe

Oh, so in your world, not only were there stewards at football grounds at least a decade and a half before we had them in the real world, but your club's stewards were sent to steward away grounds as well?

Hear this dreambuilder: clubs have their own stewards, for away fans as well as home.

You've never really been to a match, have you?

7. LLETSA

So there were no anti-fascists back then?

What I was getting at was the way the fascists themselves have altered their way of operating. (The ones that matter, not the fakes, fantasists and spooks.)

8. LLETSA

I pointed out that, at the time he carried out the bombings, Copeland was a member of no organisation. In acknowledging this, you cancel out what you said in your earlier post.

As for the firebombing of the car and the attack on the Mosque, not only did I ask you where these took place, but who it was who was supposed to have carried them out. This you haven't (or can't) answer. And whereabouts are 'other parts of the country'?

9. Chuck Wilson

Chuck Wilson Banned Banned

It is short and to the point about Oldham but have a look at this:
    http://www.redaction.org/anti-fascism/the_day.html

10. audiotech

Is this one of your jokes?

I was a steward at the club when they played at home.

The Man City knitting circle incident happened when I was supporting not stewarding. As there was no match to steward at home (because the team was away) they didn't need my excellent negotiating skills.

I could tell you about the time when I managed a sunday league side and later played football with a group of working-class anarchists, who went on to win a cup in Germany (black strip, with skull and crossbones badge), but I won't bother.

If you don't mind me saying so, I alway's thought Old Trafford was a superior ground to Maine Road and obviously a more successfull team all round. :D

11. LLETSA

Says it all really

That article says precisely what I was getting at regarding the Manchester demo that's the subject of the thread.

12. audiotech

Of course there were anti-fascists back then, but slow to move.

They operate an electoral strategy and the BNP have learned some things from the NF days, but still fuck-up sometime.

13. LLETSA

That's all right- make it up as you go along.

14. audiotech

It was four years ago. The ANL is dead and buried.

One march ended in a riot. The other didn't.

15. LLETSA

Empty words

You have a way of being able to answer questions without saying anything.

16. LLETSA

The UAF and the ANL are different in anything other than name?

What I meant was the way that the NF is able to feed off the publicity generated by their predictable responses to everything the NF does-or says it is going to do.

17. audiotech

What, that Man Utd have been a more successfull club than Man City over the years? Surely, that is patently true?

18. LLETSA

MC5 lets loose his originality

You can sense your limited knowledge of football by your failure to recognise that you can't wind up a City fan that way.

19. audiotech

The UAF has Livingstone as it's chair, which makes the UAF significantly different. No comparison to Peter Hain.

[​IMG]

The NF is going nowhere, with or without publicity. It might join up with the other loony toons for a time.

20. audiotech

You'll be getting the knitting needles out next. :D

21. exosculate

exosculate a stagger with a beat

Things have so moved on - I feel so cut out of this loop. :mad:

22. LLETSA

Self-contradictory as ever, MC5

Leaving aside your, hopefully, tongue-in-cheek first sentence, isn't it the case that I started off by saying that the NF is insignificant, and that you and others were adamant that they should be opposed at every turn? (Actually, maybe you've been tongue-in-cheek ever since I first encountered you and I've failed to get the joke?)

The fact that they feed off ANL/UAF publicity does not make them any more of a serious threat; yet, as the RA article shows, the consequences of the game can sometimes be serious. Thankfully, Manchester this August was just a little sideshow.

23. LLETSA

What gives you the idea that you were ever in it?

24. exosculate

exosculate a stagger with a beat

Well admittedly I was an external faction.

25. LLETSA

Yes, external to the Planet Zog.

26. audiotech

I didn't 'acknowledge' anything you wrote. I said that he was in a far-right group. This group, led by someone described as a 'satanist' in the past, was doorstepped by (I think) the BBC whilst on his bike and asked about the events then in London. He looked as though he shat himself immediately and hurriedly mumbled something about not having anything to do with Copeland and his deeds.

27. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Turned out nice again

who described him as a satanist?

28. LLETSA

File with 'Leeds' under 'Unanswered'....

What's this 'far-right group' called? What has it ever done? Is there any evidence that it was directing Copeland and where can that evidence be read?

29. audiotech

No. Cannot you see the significance of the gay community standing up to fascist threats by now?

I know the consequence of the game can be serious, as I have had first hand experience of it, despite you believing otherwise. A representation of the gay community standing up to threats is not a 'sideshow'. It's a bloody good show.

30. audiotech

It no longer exists.

Had Copeland through it's ranks.

No evidence.