1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NF attack on Manchester Pride-please help

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by rosa, Aug 26, 2005.

1. exosculate

exosculate a stagger with a beat

More opinion from the soothsayer.

2. exosculate

In your view again.

My giddy auntie.

3. exosculate

Yeah like talking about vandalism!

4. audiotech

audiotech wav, aiff, mp3, ogg, flac

Purple Haze is in My Brain......

A northern club. I was 17. Worked two hours on a Saturday, no union, no contract and I walked. At that age I was a Townsendist (of The Who) and wore Ben Sherman.

The knitting needles were used by Man City supporters, aged about twelve, to poke in coach windows and stab opposition supporters (and they talk about the anti-social behaviour of kids today).

The anecdote was to highlight why I don't give a flying fuck about football and where Man City play (do keep up).

5. audiotech

Whatever the joke was I'm sure you had a good laugh.

6. LLETSA

LLETSA We've all had enough. Banned Banned

Read the post again-I never said I believed anything. I simply asked a question.

On the other hand, you say you believe that 'fascist activity' leads to more 'bigoted/racist attacks' etc etc. But you offer no proof when asked; you simply say it is a belief.

7. exosculate

Now you're claiming no beliefs, what planet are you on you just stated several up above - with no evidence. Do you really have trouble with what i am saying?

8. LLETSA

Jesus Christ almighty!

It isn't just in my view.

Take your head from up your arse, take a look around and then tell me that contemporary Britain looks like pre-Hitler Germany.

9. LLETSA

What?

10. LLETSA

True, ring, doesn't

Hmm.... Did they have stewards at football grounds during the sixties? (Or early seventies?)

Knitting needles to 'poke in coach windows'? What were they made of?

11. exosculate

No views are solely ones own - true also for views you disagree with.

Nothing is ever likely to look like pre Hitler Germany again - does than mean fascism has gone forever?

12. exosculate

Is what the IWCA talk about apparently, and related nonsense.

13. LLETSA

Does Vladimir Putin speak Russian?

14. LLETSA

Exosculate: a leftie of his time

15. exosculate

I'm not a leftie - bullshit language that is best left in the past. :D

16. audiotech

I have argued politically with you and your response is trite comments like the above.

This thread is about a threat made by fascists on a gay pride march and you asked for a definition of the threat? Fine so far. Then you dismiss out of hand the threat. To paraphrase, the NF is a joke and tiny, so do nothing, just ignore them.

This is where you fall down and you miss the point completely. In this you also exhibit your lack of experience when it comes to fighting fascism. The fascists have a two pronged strategy, which is electoralism, combined with covert violence. The BNP have the electoral strategy in mind and the satellite groups have violence in mind. The latter 'crazy gangs' have some work to do before they hang their jack-boots up.

AS for writing about you? Don't flatter yourself.

17. LLETSA

No. (Sigh.) But it does mean that the nature of the threat it represents differs depending on the type of society. And getting back to the subject of the thread, it does not mean that everything the present day NF does is worth taking seriously.

18. exosculate

That is a perfectly acceptable opinion.

19. exosculate

I agree with this.

20. audiotech

Yes, remember all of that 70's football hooliganism? Security on the cheap.

Coach windows had sliding bits. No air con back then.

21. LLETSA

You really don't get it, do you? Although I thought you might, what with that 'long experience of political activity (never defined).' Any checking of the our respective posting histories would show that whenever you and I coincide in a thread, you abandon the subject and start to write about me. I make no claim to being worthy of this minor obsession of yours and I am not flattered, but you like to do it anyway. It usually happens when your standard SWP/UAF-type argument is coming off worst (and not only because of me.) Now, this habit of yours is likely of no interest to anybody but you or I (it doesn't actually bother me-I simply find it amusing, particularly when you fail to see that you always do yourself precisely what you accuse me of), but it is one it seems you aredetermined to persist in. But there you go- nothing so queer as folk, as they say. Maybe you need some hobbies?

As ever, you keep going over the same ground. The threat posed by five boneheads to a hundred thousand gays was in the nature of what exactly?

Again, in the face of the master strategist of contemporary anti-fascism (you, not exosculate), I 'fall down and miss the point completely?' Yes, I suppose I do, if the point consists of concocting some fascist 'cunning plan' for which you provide no evidence. What exactly have these 'crazy gangs been doing in terms of 'covert violence' over the past few years?

22. audiotech

Following on from the NF, the BNP managed to kick it's way into the headlines sometime ago. This was to get the name of the organisation known throughout the land: With limited manpower (sic) available, “publicity - ‘the life-blood of any movement’ - was the key. And lots of it.” This is to be achieved by: “...specific demonstrations and stunts against particularly vile manifestations of the enemy’s activities."

In 1988, the BNP bought a building in Upper Wickham Lane, Welling, which served as their headquarters for a time. The BNP announced their arrival in no uncertain terms:

The protest meeting called against it was attacked by 25 youths who set about the participants with chairs and clubs, hospitalising 12 people with injuries ranging from cuts to broken bones. The rise in racial attacks in the area stem from this time.

23. LLETSA

Seventeen years ago.

24. exosculate

I love the cut of your bib.

25. audiotech

More trite.

I've answered this.

One not too long ago bombed Gay pubs in Soho and ethnic minorities in Brick Lane. At a later date anti-fascist activists had their car firebombed. Others have turned to Muslim targets like Mosques. Some are in prison, some are dead, some are retired, others hit the bottle, some changed sides, some rested, some are attempting now to organise.

26. audiotech

Learn from history old boy.

27. audiotech

I'm in the presence of an original thinker.

Do elaborate. :D

28. LLETSA

Copeland was not acting on behalf of any organisation.

Who firebombed the car of the anti-fascist activists? Leeds,wasn't it?

Who has 'turned to Muslim targets like mosques'? (Also Leeds?)

What do you get from years of posting this stuff up on various sites?

29. LLETSA

You sound tired, MC5

You post up stuff about the antics of the NF and BNP seventeen and more years ago and then tell me to learn from history?

Explain how things are the same now as they were then.

30. LLETSA

By the way

All I remember as a kid in the seventies, in terms of visible 'officialdom' at football grounds, are turnstile operators and police. There were no stewards in the days of terracing-crowded terracing would be impossible to steward, for a start. Stewarding is a post-Hillsborough innovation, as far as I remember: a feature of all-seater stadiums and all that.

Coaches in the seventies did indeed have windows with sliding bits. But they were at the top. If City 'guttersnipes' were jabbing knitting needles through them, they must have been poking them into the ceiling. I didn't see many twelve year-olds who were about six foot five either.