1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nazi Parade in Ohio Descends into Violence

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by Poi E, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Johnny Canuck3

Johnny Canuck3 Well-Known Member

I think your Conservative voters are closer to republicans. The BNP more resembles the Italian fascists and other such European parties than any mainstream US party.
  2. In Bloom

In Bloom Joyless and full of hate

Have you ever actually visited the BNP site? (www.bnp.org.uk)

Its not so far away from the sort of lunatic stuff you hear from Ann Coulter or WorldNetDaily.
  3. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet ammonia snooker balls

Have you honestly missed the ten million threads on the topic of marchers in NI? Surely not.
  4. Johnny Canuck3

No, but then, I haven't missed the ten million threads on those kooky americans and their kooky ways either.
  5. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet ammonia snooker balls

I don't see your point then.
  6. In Bloom

Not one person on this thread has said that fascists only exist in America or even that they are more common in America than in other countries.
  7. Johnny Canuck3

My point is that this is a mildly interesting news report, but doesn't expose a radical aberration from fairly commonplace activities that go on in both UK and NA.
  8. vimto

vimto Banned Banned

The Orange Order are not allowed to march through certain areas in West Central Scotland because the Authorities and the top wanks within the Orange Order know for a fact that the march will be pelted with just a little more than your normal 'Nonsense' comments.

Huge problem in these parts
  9. TeeJay

TeeJay New Member

Is this true? Surely the ban can be on content that promotes hatred and violence, calls for violations of basic rights and freedoms or a location/route that is likely to lead to a riot? Lots of countries have laws like this.

IIRC America does ban certain groups anyway - eg terrorist organisations etc.
  10. vimto

vimto Banned Banned

Not in Scotland Johnny.

The BNP in Scotland are sectarian bigots...Their main aim is to marginalise the white working class through a campaign of dividing the white Catholic/Protestant communities.

Although the Pakis may well become the new Taigs if these bastards are allowed to get their way
  11. vimto

vimto Banned Banned

Hahaha...for fuck's sake Johnny...Where on earth are you getting your information from?

The Conservative Party are the party of the Monarchy...wake up man :D
  12. vimto

vimto Banned Banned

Blue rinse for Johnny methinks :)
  13. mears

mears a secular Republican

Or orthadox jews through any country in the Middle East.

And another "incident" making the current politics and world affairs forum.

If a martian stumbled onto this site he might think nothing really mattered on earth but the happenings in the US.

All America all the time.
  14. vimto

vimto Banned Banned

So you reckon that it's ok for the Orange Order to march through my world without getting a good kicking in the process?
  15. vimto

vimto Banned Banned

Let them I say :D
  16. TeeJay

TeeJay New Member

Isn't Israel in the Middle East?

"If a martian stumbled onto this site he might think nothing really mattered on earth but the happenings in the US." - I suppose that's what happens to a country that takes on the role of "world policeman" and adopts a mission to spread 'freedom and democracy' - it's own behaviour and what happens on its own soil becomes an issue that the rest of the world feels entitled to talk about and which they are interested in discussing. You can't really have it both ways.
  17. vimto

vimto Banned Banned

What the fuck are you wittering on about now you fool?

Do you intentionally go out of your way to talk complete shite at every turn or is it just a deeply inherent flaw you have in your make-up?

By fuck you ain't half a boring bastard!
  18. Barking_Mad

Barking_Mad Non sibi sed omnibus

Same old Mears same old bullshit. He wants the glory but not the hassle. Someone pass the poor sap a tissue.
  19. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

What it shows is that in the US, fascists are allowed to march through neighbourhoods where they are likely to inflame tension. It would not be allowed to happen here and it is irresponsible of the authorities to allow it...in fact, they are equally as culpable as the fascists for whatever happens.
  20. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

If a Martian looked at your posts he/she would declare you to be the most ignorant person they have ever encountered.

You appear to take an interest in other countries (though you gaze at them through a cultural filter) but you attack those who take an interest in your own country...don't you think that is hypocritical? But then you would prefer to live in knowledgeable ignorance of rest of the world.
  21. Poi E

Poi E Pessimism: a valuable protection against quackery.

Well, looks like the Ohio state authorities did not wish to avail themselves of the flexibility the Supreme Court allows, but authorities in your state did use them to protect Cheney. It seems that they prefer to protect those of a more right-wing pursuasion. Ugly, to say the least.
  22. Poi E

Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide

Article III
    (b) Conspiracy to commit genocide

Fuck it, a bunch of guys in Nazi uniforms called "America's Nazi Party" aren't planning to hold cake stalls.

Speaking of this in the context of rights and freedoms in the US is ridiculous when considering the breaches of international rights and freedoms currently practised by the US in places such as Guantanamo Bay, or when considering the US practice of holding child prisoners in the US and Iraq., torture in Abu Ghraib, the arbitrary implementation of the death penalty etc.. But I know how some will respond "but other countries are much worse". Great, you're not going to win the race to the bottom.
  23. In Bloom

I doubt it, as most martians probably have a greater understanding of international politics than you do.
  24. Poi E

Unfortunately, the actions of the US determine the fate of many countries and those countries citizens. Therfore, it is natural that we should focus on the US and internal developments. As others have noted, other countries come under scrutiny frequently, including the UK, the USA's partner in crime.
  25. Streathamite

Streathamite ideological dogmatist

26. Streathamite

errr....no, totally different issue. way off the mark there. :confused:
  27. Streathamite

serious question; are you a tad retarded? y'see the point has been made to you so often, that I'm bored with it, but <deep, weary sigh>....once more....what happens in, and what is done by, the world's only superpower, inevitably has greater import for the rest of the world, than what is done by <say> finland.
    Now, what part of this is so arse-achingly difficult for you to get yo' head round? :rolleyes:
  28. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

Ohio and Nebraska are entirely different jurisdictions with entirely different approaches to law. Its like comparing apples to oranges.

Nebraska is mostly red, but our local authorities in charge of security here were liberal democrats and fiscal conservatives. It was a bit funny when they tried to bill the Bush/Cheney campaign for security costs of over $100,000. So it isn't completely slanted to the right.
  29. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

I see his point perfectly well. Unlike Pbman, who at all times needs an English translator, I don't feel the need to translate for JC2.
  30. Poi E

I wasn't addressing that though, just more the policy of two state governments favoured a politician and an extreme right wing group. Interesting to note how the policy relating to freedom of expression and protest favoured those on the right.