1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question My upgrade.... stay with HTC or move along...

Discussion in 'mobiles and tablets' started by madamv, Apr 1, 2012.

1. madamv

madamv Fanny fart

What a bloody minefield it is to choose a new phone that will be with you for 18 months!

Deffo dont want an iphone but not sure what to choose from Galaxy S2 or Sensation XE?

Has anyone hanging around these parts got any opinions either way? I use my camera and internet alot. My Desire is annoying me with its lack of space and I dont want to spend a fortune on a new card, but from what I see from other threads here, the S2 has more app space, but I do like the HTC.

And, now I know I can upgrade from anytime, I want a new phone now dammit!

2. Bob_the_lost

Bob_the_lost Elsewhere

HTC's phones are battery hogs at the moment, the new one serries is just about to hit the shelves and should be quite nice.

The SII is supposed to have a lovely camera and has the lovely Samsung OLED screen...

3. madamv

madamv Fanny fart

Thanks Bob, yes, I have seen that the Samsung camera takes the edge. I wonder if the One series will be free on my upgrade though, I bet it wont.

4. Bob_the_lost

Bob_the_lost Elsewhere

It's the same price bracket as the SII, although that is starting to reach EOL so they might be happier to push it.

Apparently the One serries is due on the 5th, worth calling your provider and checking if they're going to allow it.

5. ChrisFilter

ChrisFilter Like a boss.

The Galaxy S2 is the best phone available. Go for that.

editor and madamv like this.
  6. madamv

madamv Fanny fart

Its online under my Orange upgrade section but as 'email me when in stock'. After checking it out, it seems its due to be released next week. I may hold fire for a week and see. Failing that the S2 looks favourite but will be dated quickly. I should really hold for a month or so and just see what the new S3 and OneX come out like.

7. madamv

madamv Fanny fart

OOhhh contacted Orange after seeing they wanted a £41pm contract for the HTC OneX . I checked online and saw O2 were doing it for £36pm and Orange basically agreed to give me the same contact I am on now, £30 pm with the OneX for freeeeeeeee

I am a happy birthday girl! :D

Global Stoner likes this.
  8. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

One X is a lovely phone. Enjoy!

madamv likes this.
  9. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Win. We want feedback soon.

10. madamv

madamv Fanny fart

It comes Wednesday, I shall fiddle and diddle and report back ;)

11. madamv

madamv Fanny fart

Well, I am truly swooning...

Its mahoosive. Thin but huge screened. Lovely colours. The camera lives up to expectations. The speed of downloads is brilliant. Its simple to use, certainly if youre familiar with android...

Any questions? I should try to post a pic really so you can see the clarity of the camera.

12. madamv

madamv Fanny fart

13. madamv

madamv Fanny fart

14. madamv

madamv Fanny fart

Oops thats a bit big innit... It was literally a quick snap, hence one poochie being very blurred, but for a phone, I think its an ace shot.

15. Callie

Callie Pivoting

I like the black dog more, is cute!

16. editor

More dog!

17. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

What's the battery life like?

18. Callum91

Callum91 Digital dystopian dweller

Used in 5 minute bursts it's fine, otherwise the battery is fairly...bad.

19. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

Ok - that's that one struck off the list. It needs to last 3 days with light use imo. I don't mind charging phones every day if I am using them loads, but not with normal power frugal use.

20. Callum91

I can't see it lasting 3 days if I'm honest, maybe 1.5 days if you're lucky. I've had phones with worse battery lives (Galaxy Note I'm looking at you), but the One X comes a close second.

Badgers likes this.
  21. Callum91

Although apparently there's a known battery bug thats draining 10-20% of the battery.

22. madamv

madamv Fanny fart

I doubt any smart phone would last more than thirty or so hours....

23. Idaho

Idaho blah blah blah

My Desire will last over 48 hours if I use it lightly.

24. editor

There's quite a few apps that will really boost a phone's battery life.

25. Chz

Chz Stark Raving Sane

The One S is nearly as nice and does have better battery life (should be similar to a Desire, from what I'm told). But no top-end phones are great for it. And three days? You need a Blackberry.

26. madamv

madamv Fanny fart

I must never use my phone lightly.!! Photos, games, alarm, texting. Sucking the lifeblood outta my phone Idaho!

What apps do you recommend Editor? I have always been a bit suspicious of them.:hmm:

27. madamv

madamv Fanny fart

More dog...

[​IMG]

28. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw No Gravitas Allowed

That's a great dog you've got there madamv. Were you at close quarters when the shake was going on? :)

29. madamv

madamv Fanny fart

Ewww always getting soaked when walking HC... She is a complete water hound and rolls in puddles so I pretty much spend most of my time washing my jeans :)

TheHoodedClaw likes this.
  30. madamv

madamv Fanny fart

On a seperate note, I still have intermittent reception from my phone. They replaced the phone in the week, not the issue so now they are sending me a new sim. They wont be getting the phone back, so lets hope thats what the problem is and its not a build/orange issue.