1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Mon 18th Jun 2012] WHITEHALL AS VIEWED BY INSIDERS- FORMER BRITISH AMBASSADOR SPEAKS OUT (NW3 2QB.)

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by ohmyliver, Jun 13, 2012.

WHITEHALL AS VIEWED BY INSIDERS- FORMER BRITISH AMBASSADOR SPEAKS OUT
Start Date: Mon 18th Jun 2012 06:00 PM
End Date: Mon 18th Jun 2012 08:00 PM
Time zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST

51 South End Road, London
NW3 2QB.

Posted By: ohmyliver

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. ohmyliver

ohmyliver poppin' like a cork

I've been asked to post this up by a family friend (I have no connection to Serwotka I hasten to add) and I've cleared it with The Editor.

Demoralized, privatised, despised by the public, disdained by politicians, demonized by the press: this is what has become of Britain's public services which, only a generation ago, were highly regarded and held in affection both at home and abroad.

Sir Rodric Braithwaite - Britain's ambassador to Moscow during the collapse of the Soviet Union - will speak on some of the reasons for the decline in prestige, fears for the future, and possible remedies at a book event for Public Service on the Brink, a collection of essays edited by Jenny Manson, published by Imprint Academic, price £17.95.

The event is at 6.30 p.m. on 18 June 2012 at Daunt Books Hampstead, 51 South End Road, London NW3 2QB.

Other contributors to the book include Mark Serwotka, General Secretary of the Public and Commercial Services Union, the UK's largest civil service union and Professor David Wiggins, once an assistant principal at the Colonial Office but later Wykeham Professor of Logic at Oxford University.

Also speaking at Daunt:
    Dan Carrier on press coverage of public sector unions
    Rebekah Carrier on legal aid
    Libby Goldby on secondary education
    Liz Kessler on urban renewal

The speakers are available for interview on or before 18 June.

Contact - for more information
    Jenny Manson mobile phone 07876 681173
    jennysalamanmanson@hotmail.com