1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitt Romney's Florida nomination speech.

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by weltweit, Aug 30, 2012.

1. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

I have decided I should watch this. But does anyone know what UK time it will be on and which channel I am most likely to be able to see it.

2. Lord Camomile

Lord Camomile Unknown Member

My flatmate and I were just watching the convention, but very quickly switched to Bad Lip Reading:

Voley, devit, articul8 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Lord Camomile

Oh, but we were on BBC Parliament, assume they'll be showing Romney later.

4. Balbi

Balbi Hey, Dean Yager!

5. Balbi

Balbi Hey, Dean Yager!

Huckabees on BBC Parliament. Saying that because Romney gave more to charity than Biden, he'd make a better president.

6. Balbi

Balbi Hey, Dean Yager!

And a brilliant segue into a very, very white band playing Signed, Sealed, Delivered by Stevie Wonder.

7. Lord Camomile

On that note, I did notice the band before the guy before Huckabee were of some ethnicity other than white.

8. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

wouldn't waste your time watching the speech. the debates might be interesting although i reckon the vp debate will be the best - just like it was four years ago when palin ended up looking utterly clueless (surprise) republicans recently been trying to make out like biden is a joke, not right for the job etc. but although obviously i don't agree with his politics i think he does actually have a pretty good grasp of what he is talking about and will easily beat ryan

9. Balbi

Balbi Hey, Dean Yager!

Given Ryan's factual shortcuts, I am awaiting a Willard whitewash of everything he did as Mass Gov and another mittstake. He's spent so long having to convince his own partys base that he's not getting to the undecideds, or getting dems to swing. Mccain had a similar problem.

10. weltweit

Hmm, I just checked out BBC Parliament and they are now showing Condoleezza Rice speaking - I thought she made her speech yesterday.

11. Lord Camomile

I don't know, it's not like I'm paying attention to this! I was just flicking around the channels trying to find something to watch before The Last Leg started on Ch 4 :oops:

12. weltweit

Some gun nut govenor on now .... "My daddy made sure I could look after myself - I carried a 357 Magnum "

frogwoman likes this.
  13. Balbi

Balbi Hey, Dean Yager!

Bits from the speech http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5ee6-f2ec-11e1-a612-3cfc842a6d89_story_2.html

I firmly believe the Republicans wlll have to loft convert the debt ceiling to do this, and that Romney won't make 12,000,000 jobs in 5 years without massive government investment.

frogwoman likes this.
  14. Gingerman

Gingerman Is a great bunch of lads.....

15. weltweit

I listenned to Paul Ryan's speech, I don't think he is a natural speaker, lots of clearing throat noises in between sentences. Potentially a heart beat away, not sure he is up to that.

16. Brubricker

Brubricker --------------------

I hear Clint Eastwood is on the bill.

shagnasty likes this.
  17. shagnasty

shagnasty two legs bad four legs good

I am deeply disappointed in clint

18. Johnny Canuck3

Johnny Canuck3 Well-Known Member

So was Trump; but he got bumped by Isaac.

shagnasty likes this.
  19. weltweit

20. Brubricker

Brubricker --------------------

Eastwood's bit - speaking to an empty chair as if it were Obama.

[​IMG]

shagnasty likes this.
  21. Balbi

Balbi Hey, Dean Yager!

Martin Sheen's going to question the shit out of a chaise longue at the DCCC event.

22. camouflage

camouflage that's right, space pirate.

sigh, the ravages of age. :(

23. copliker

copliker ...

"We own this country." Clint - Speaking truth to empty chair.

24. DotCommunist

DotCommunist virtue without terror is impotent.

Doesnt he realise this makes him look mental

ItWillNeverWork and dennisr like this.
  25. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Untermensch, and proud!

TBF, actors are so used to addressing eyelines rather than people, Clint probably thinks he looks entirely normal. :D

shagnasty likes this.
  26. Balbi

Balbi Hey, Dean Yager!

shagnasty likes this.
  27. Lord Camomile

I like the one with bottle in hand; seems rather appropriate :D

28. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

Why are these people so evil. It's all about me me me me me.

29. Dandred

Dandred Mmmmm Beer!

The one with the dog was the best!

30. Dandred

Dandred Mmmmm Beer!

Obviously he is full of shit......but can you explain why? I've not been following US politics for quite a while......

Seems like the same old shit again and again.....