1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Milly Dowler's voicemail "hacked by News of the World"

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by editor, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Louis MacNeice

Louis MacNeice Autumn Journalist

Mephitic, being a pie fan you are surely familiar with the humble variety.

Louis MacNeice
    Captain Hurrah likes this.
  2. Streathamite

Streathamite ideological dogmatist

oh god, don't let him derail this thread
  3. Lord Camomile

Lord Camomile Unknown Member

Conspiracy! :eek: :hmm: :mad:

Also, "oh, I'll pop on a plane this afternoon" :rolleyes: :D
    frogwoman likes this.
  4. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

For those who havent seen it already, there is a very interesting piece in the latest Eye (issue 1314) about the connection between Labour, News International, and Michael Gove.
  5. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

The Sun don't have a wonderful record with reporting facts, but giving away Euro 2012 stickers of Rio Ferdinand when he's been quite publically dropped by Hodgson from the squad is a pretty big oversight from a paper that's "the voice of football".
  6. DexterTCN

DexterTCN ding dong

If we take wonderful as meaning astonishing then they probably do.

I always wondered when I saw it.
  7. two sheds

two sheds not as daft as i look

Interesting:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/may/17/harold-evans-leveson-murdoch-times

More temporary alzheimers from murdoch:

and good testimony on how little editorial interference there was from Murdoch:

which seems direct evidence that Murdoch has lied to Leveson - as I recall he made his standard claim that he didn't affect editorial decisions (hoho).

wasn't quite sure what was meant by the last line in this though, at the end of the piece:

8. laptop

laptop Freudenschade

Reading it just now I took it to mean that some, or someone, felt Evans was ranting - but were/was polite.
  9. Streathamite

Streathamite ideological dogmatist

I thought he was flattering him, meself:confused:
  10. two sheds

two sheds not as daft as i look

Yes those were the two possible meanings I'd picked up - also with they listened 'patiently' to him.
  11. gosub

gosub ~#

12. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano "Do me a favor and remove this slanderous post"

13. butchersapron

butchersapron shoot 'em in the back

i think it tells us immediately that they've got a good team, but that they're already scrabbling to grab something anything for lack of other good stuff to keep quiet and confident about.
  14. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

No chance of even getting a Judicial Review - feed any Application in the shredder:
    But I'm sure the Telegraph enjoyed finally having a story to report on the broader subject. No one much else for her to leak it to, I suppose.

The legal system isn't as pliable as the rest.
  15. gosub

gosub ~#

By Christopher Hope, Senior Political Correspondent....don't reckon it was her, more likely one her neighbours political friends
  16. laptop

laptop Freudenschade

Looks pretty desperate to me.

Prediction (evens only): a drip of irrelevant claims of bias and improper procedure right through to the opening of proceedings.
  17. London_Calling

18. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Ready to Riot

teqniq likes this.
  19. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

If he rides this one out he is pure Teflon isn't he?
  20. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

It's a fairly weak accusation in itself, it's only in the context of everything else going on that it's particularly newsworthy.
  21. London_Calling

This Jeremy Hunt malarkey is a rather interesting vignette all of itself; first James Murdoch stitches him up under oath, then Mrs Wade finds an incriminating email - this in relation to their self-proclaimed "cheerleader", now some no-name Labout MP is fed low grade info from God knows where.

Hunt's been thrown under the bus so many times he should get an Oyster Card.

I suppose it's all to do with News Int. desire to bridge Disco Dave's firewall (and watch him slowly burn), but it is interesting to see the game slowly unfolding.
  22. killer b

killer b away.

mccabe hasn't necessarily been fed anything - it looks like he's (or someone has anyway) just been cross referencing vaisey's disclosures against hunt's.
  23. London_Calling

24. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

lol Mandelson moaning about bullying, he isn't exactly a fan of Yates :D
  25. Dopermine

Dopermine Well-Known Member

Media firms named here - Tory scum ad agency M&C Saatchi, New Labour loving DDB and the nauseating Groucho Club. Three and a half grand undeclared. Hardly a major scandal, though the dread image of Jeremy Cunt and his tories networking at smarmy media events is one that will haunt me down the years. GUILTY!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/may/03/jeremy-hunt-failed-declare-media-donations
  26. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

I'm still going for the 'alien head in search of a body' that I liked upthread, seeing as how all reasonable explanations don't seem to be up to the job.
  27. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

28. butchersapron

butchersapron shoot 'em in the back

Surely as fuck this will get the coward mainstream journos onto this? Right?
  29. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

Well it was on BBC T.V. breakfast news in between the bit about 'The Voice' and 'The Weather', if that counts.
  30. London_Calling

All roads lead to the very troubling Alex Marunchak ...