1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Milly Dowler's voicemail "hacked by News of the World"

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by editor, Jul 4, 2011.

1. editor

editor Got a fever +the only prescription is more cowbell

A new low for the vile rag, and surely one that should see serious criminal charges following in its wake.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jul/04/milly-dowler-voicemail-hacked-news-of-world

2. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Foot's on the other hand

So they pay out all the civil cases and get a big fat prosecution on top. Like it.

3. editor

editor Got a fever +the only prescription is more cowbell

I can see a huge range of potential charges over this, starting from perverting the course of justice...

4. Voley

Voley Wanking In A Winter Wonderland

If that's true I hope they throw the book at them.

5. andy2002

andy2002 To the Bat-poles!

God, I hope so. The arrogance and general hatefulness to behave like this is simply breathtaking. Just when you think News International can't stoop any lower they somehow manage to prove you wrong. Not that any newspaper – tabloid or otherwise – behaves a great deal better, of course...

6. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Mucky, mucky business. I hope that someone gets dragged through the streets for this one.

7. Teaboy

Teaboy Tryhard wannabe

This is being discussed on the andy coulson thread at the moment. My feeling is there are to many vested interests of powerful (rich) people that nothing serious will come of much of this. The Police tried to cover it up last time around and the politicians are staying very quiet.

8. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Bound for glory

This :(

9. andy2002

andy2002 To the Bat-poles!

There was a story in Private Eye recently that said Murdoch had planned to sack Rebekah Brooks but was then persuaded out of it. I bet her arse is out of there now though.

10. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie Pickled Egg

Absolutely disgusting :mad:

11. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

I'm a cynic at the best of times and have to say I wasn't terribly surprised when I saw the headline. But when I read that they'd deleted messages to make room for more I think I actually looked like a goldfish for a minute. I can't believe that even the coldest, most-cynical, money-grabbing tabloid journalist would not maybe think twice about that. Fucking unbelievable :mad:

12. moochedit

moochedit Mr Mooched It

Is there any chance of Murdoch doing time over this ?

13. starfish

starfish Aloof but effective.

Words cant really describe how low this is.

14. Ponyutd

Ponyutd Greebo likes this....

On Twitter it's being reported that people ringing up the NOTW news desk and shouting obscenities down the line. News desk. 0207 782 1001.

It was on ansaphone when I rang.:mad:

15. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Helpful, bookish and a little bit rebellious

i find it interesting how a human being might come to this. did they think what they were doing was right? or did they just not care? do they have some kind of twisted morality/culture that keeps them doing these things, like the way soldiers who commit atrocities justify their actions to themselves?

16. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

They didn't care.

:(

17. Wookster

Wookster Well-Known Member

Disgusting.

Why they are being allowed to acquire Sky is really quite beyond me.

18. Teaboy

Teaboy Tryhard wannabe

IME, media types think a bit different to the rest of us, the most important thing is they get their story with their picture next to it. Everything else is secondary.

19. Teaboy

Teaboy Tryhard wannabe

No, none at all.

20. elevendayempire

elevendayempire Registered Loofah

[​IMG]

...too much?

21. QueenOfGoths

QueenOfGoths Black puddings very black today, Mother!

I don't think they cared, as long as they got their story. Disgusting behavoir :(

22. killer b

killer b Poster of the year 2005, 2006 & 2011

this will have repercussions. how serious remains to be seen, but it isn't really something that can be hushed up or swept under the carpet is it?

brooks will be out in the next few days, i reckon. and there has to be criminal charges from this.

23. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

Well, they do work for the News of the World. So I guess the answer would be yes.

24. stethoscope

stethoscope Well-Known Member

Illustrates a culture where absolutely nothing is regarded out of bounds in the pursuit of news dirt.

Just. Scum.

25. 8115

8115 doesn't smoke

That's atrocious.

26. taffboy gwyrdd

taffboy gwyrdd Embrace the confusion!

That is my instinct too. Anyone who thinks the elite aint above the law might care to subscribe to my new publication "Bridge Buyers Monthly"

27. taffboy gwyrdd

Anywhere I can link this to share?

28. elevendayempire

elevendayempire Registered Loofah

Just copy the URL and bung it on wherever you want...

29. taffboy gwyrdd

People will still by the NoTW despite the scandal - how else will they get the juicy gossip on the latest rapes and murders?

30. taffboy gwyrdd

Great. Thanks