1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mayor 2012: Livingstone edges in front of Johnson

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by London_Calling, Jan 19, 2012.

1. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

2. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

3. London_Calling

They are best chums.

I'm pretty sure the London electorate grasp the theatricality of their 'differences'.

4. cybertect

cybertect Now up West

Did they really have to release it as a Word document? :mad::facepalm:

5. MAD-T-REX

MAD-T-REX Well-Known Member

It could be worse. The Ramblers refuse to conduct much of their campaigning/management electronically because members of their committee don't have email.

6. Lock&Light

Lock&Light Ignoring most idiots Banned

I wish this thread had a more accurate, (as of now) title.

7. Crispy

Crispy Fond of drink and industry

Report the OP with a suggested new title maybe?

8. MAD-T-REX

I'd suggest 'Londoners not excited about candidate first elected to local government 40 years ago'

9. London_Calling

Just change the names around - hopefully for not too long...

10. Jeff Robinson

Jeff Robinson Well-Known Member

Cringe-off competition:

11. Jeff Robinson

The Lib Dem's contribution:

(that is actually a video from his official youtube channel!)

12. Lord Camomile

Lord Camomile Unknown Member

Is that Ken vid the one he reportedly cried at earlier (caught a Standard front page on the way home this evening)?

13. Jeff Robinson

Yeah, tbf I almost cried as well.

14. DotCommunist

DotCommunist virtue without terror is impotent.

cahm on ken

15. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Well-Known Member

Caught the end last night of a report on BBC London of a hustings meeting for the mayoral election organised by the London Evening News. But there were only 4 candidates on the platform -- the usual suspects (Tory, Labour, LibDem and Greens).

One of the principles of democracy is that all candidates should have equal time to put over their point of view, but this is not happening in this particular election where there 7 candidates not just 4. Three candidates (UKIP, BNP and an Independent) were excluded, despite the fact that they have overcome the considerable obstacles in the way of standing (raising a deposit of £10,000 and get 30 signatories in each borough or 330 in all).

No doubt they are being excluded because having 7 candidates would not have the same entertainment value, but elections are not supposed to be entertainment. Clearly, this election is not being run on fully democratic lines. They do things differently in France. There are 10 candidates standing in the first round of the presidential election on 22 April. Each of them are getting TV and radio broadcasts of exactly the same length.

16. London_Calling

What's the London Evening News?

17. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Putting the FU into fun

no it isn't

Yossarian likes this.
  18. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Well-Known Member

Sorry, a bit behind the times. It merged with the Evening Standard 20 or 30 years ago.

London_Calling likes this.
  19. MAD-T-REX

Heh, only one mention of the Tories in the entire thing.

I like how Boris is claiming the tube upgrade and Crossrail are part of his nine point plan. Presumably Ken would take a sledgehammer to all of the new trains and lie down in front of the tunnel boring machines.

20. Jeff Robinson

21. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Untermensch, and proud!

Dead since 1979.

22. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Untermensch, and proud!

More than 30 years ago. :)

23. fjydj

fjydj is specified

at least you can add a comment, unlike kens where comments and (dis)likes have been turned off.

24. Yossarian

Yossarian moving the bomb line

Since when does extra clowns mean less entertainment?

25. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

26. Greebo

Greebo Information overload. Processing...

Facepalm of the day goes to the green party candidate - sending out an election leaflet printed on glazed paper. :facepalm:

fogbat likes this.
  27. Jeff Robinson

I just really want that fucking cunt Boris Johnson kicked the fuck out. Posh bigotted cunts like him shouldn't even have the luxury of oxygen let alone fucking elected office. The people that vote for Boris are even worse than he is - really despicable filth who are only of any use for whiping shit off the soles of your boot onto - everything that is wrong with country: thick fucking cunts. Ken is a twat of course, a purveyor of piss weak liberal multiculturalism mixed with 'neo-liberalism with a human face', but a not bad politician by this country's dismal standards. The whinging middle class zionist cunts that keep banging on about his supposed anti-semitism are self-pittying arseholes - the worst oppression they've ever faced is getting served a bad bottle of wine in a restaurant. I want him to win just to piss off those liberal/tory shitheads.

28. DotCommunist

DotCommunist virtue without terror is impotent.

You know what these Reds are like for restricting freedom of speech.

29. poului

poului a bit overrated

Paddick's just been on Sky News pretty much acting as campaign attack dog for Boris Johnson over tax issues.

30. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

He madly thinks that he - as a lib-dem - is going to take anti-tory votes from labour. This is behind his the lib-dems in coalition are shit but i as a lib-dem candidate aren't shit. Madness.