1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manchester United 2011/2012

Discussion in 'football' started by newme, Jun 8, 2011.

1. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

It's a nice little video though.
    And less cunts on football forums than there are in general ones

2. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

I feel a bit queasy about this transfer. I know he's a good player. But hes Robin van fucking Persie.

3. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

this is an horrific picture

[​IMG]

4. iROBOT

iROBOT CURRENTLY RE-BOOTING

You have no clue how horrific it is for a Gunner.....:(

Deareg likes this.
  5. Lord Camomile

Lord Camomile Unknown Member

That's not your playing strip is it? It's hideous!

6. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

no, that's the training strip

7. twistedAM

When City were rumoured to be in for him I was nervous - every time someone tackles him I would have feared the worse.

8. iROBOT

At least that's over for us. Every time he went down it was a very nervous moment. Will never forget the time he insisted on going to a friendly intentional game unfit, played got nobbled and was out for the majority of the season. A friendly match!?! FFS :mad:

9. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

a 2012/13 thread already!

10. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

Someone needs to tell Utd that the friendlies are over. Obviously not a Liverpool fan though.

11. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Underwhelming performance from manchesters second team

12. twistedAM

So if you win the League you can say City were three points and two goals clear at one point.

13. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

Lord Ferg's press conference was amusingly bitter (emphasis added):

14. agricola

United had four shots on target, btw. And no mention of the nailed-on penalty that Jelavic should have had when Valencia tried to Assange him in the first half

Also is the edit quote function broke?

15. DRINK?

DRINK? bummed by karmachameleon

i thought Utd were good as it goes, some of the football particularly in the first half was fantastic though no end product...primarily because Rooney had as bad a game as I can recall and think RVP will push him out sooner rather than later if he continues in this vein which stretches back a good while bar the odd blinder, could be the kick up his increasingly large arse he needs. Think the lack of centrebacks really didn't help, both from a defence point of view and not having Carrick in the middle..dunno how we always make Fellani look world class, he's good though not unplayable as we seem to make him...Kagawa looked great, did he lose the ball? some of his passing was exceptional, De gea was fantastic which says it all and can't say we didn't deserve to lose....still could be worse.... could be a Liverpool or Arsenal fan.

imposs1904 likes this.
  16. Kanda

Kanda Nosh Wagon

United seemed to want to play through them when a few crosses in the box would have served them better.

17. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

[​IMG]

18. agricola

[​IMG]

19. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

(Ex-) Our young Nick Powell did his cause a lot of favours by not even getting on the bench.

20. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

I listened to it on 5live. Sounds like Everton were battered in the second half. Well done to them for holding on. Always thought Fellaini should be at a big club, maybe this season he'll break through.

21. twistedAM

It always seemed to be Cahill who got the headed goals and therefore headlines. Maybe Fellaini will that dude. Always seems to raise his game against the big clubs but have seen him plodding around like a donkey in some games.

22. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

If you took that monologue to the Edinburgh fringe you'd win the Perrier (or whatever it's called now) Awardfor outstanding comedy newcomer.

23. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

Battered ion the second half no as the shots statistics will tell. Certainly United had the vast majority of possession but it was, as is evdienced by the score, meaningless possession, 21% was in the Everton 'penalty area', 20% in the United 'penalty area' and 59% in the middle. As such clearly Uniteds penetration and attack was a mere 1% better than Everton's. As such 'battered in the second half' is frankly fallacious.

24. agricola

[​IMG]

25. iROBOT

Do you honestly think that a injury prone thirty year old is going to "oust" a twenty five year old who cost five million pounds more?

:confused:.....Nuts....

26. iROBOT

And (while I'm here) when will you scumbags start a 2012/13 thread....?

FFS

27. Deareg

Deareg Well-Known Member

I can't believe the fucking injuries have started again.

28. Joe Reilly

Joe Reilly Well-Known Member

This bollocks that a) Rooney is 'fat', and b) RVP is there to replace him is all over the press. The notion here is that Rooney's form has been poor for 'a good while' since presumably he was named as runner up as player of the year to the latter at the end of last year? This is also the player that most Prem managers say they would buy first 'money being no object' also last year.

Aternatively he is to be replaced by Kagawa who Fergie sees as a creative midfielder in the Scholes mold.

With the exception of Henry Winter the English press move like a shoal of fucking fish. Once one says something eg Patrick Barclay then they all follow. It sounds like gospel.

It's bad enough to read this ABU trope in every fucking paper under the sun but it takes the biscuit when supposed Utd fans start repeating it.

29. DRINK?

DRINK? bummed by karmachameleon

you reading this wrong, Rooney is not fat, though he looked far from fit against everton, as for RVP replacing him I don't see that for a minute, I do see the arrival of RVP shaking things up a bit and giving him a kick up the backside that I believe he needs. Rooney is class, I don't think he will leave and think him and RVP with Kagawa( my new idol ) behind them will be the best strikeforce in the prem.

30. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

I predict 3rd for you this year behind City (1st) and Chelsea (2nd). LFC to pip Arse to 4th.