1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liverpool 2012-13

Discussion in 'football' started by goldenecitrone, May 25, 2012.

1. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Overachieve?. What have these over achievements been exactly?

2. sleaterkinney

Anfield could quite easily be expanded by 10-15k and it would still sell out. We may not get as many tourists in on matchday as OT but we could still make more money than we are making at present. Everton doesn't have that following and they cannot afford to pay for even half of a stadium.

What LCC should be doing is stopping getting in our way of us expanding, and it looks like they are.

3. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

4. sleaterkinney

5. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

Really? That's bang out of order.
    I must admit when I read it last night I thought a player couldn't be that arrogant.

6. sleaterkinney

7. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

LCC had bent over backwards for you lot already by allowing building on Stanley Park though, which is probably why they objected to the mooted expansion plans. As for "Everton doesnt have that following" - the limitation on our average attendance has for years been the size of Goodison.

8. sleaterkinney

LCC have consistently stood in the way of us expanding Anfield which was always out preferred option.

Get real, Everton hardly ever sell out the ground and are always offering half-season tickets, free with a mobile phone. etc.
    http://www.toffeeweb.com/history/records/attendances.asp

9. friedaweed

friedaweed Got myself a gunnNNN

Couldn't sell out the derby or home against your sister club United for the last 2 seasons. Tickets on sale for both on the day of the match.

Poor Bill has been trying to offload your club since long before Brian Labone (RIP) died and to coin one of his phrases "One Evertonian is worth twenty Liverpudlians.... except when it comes to getting them to pay to go through the turnstile" :D

Our waiting list is closed to applications. Yours is on radio city every 45 fucking minutes :D

10. friedaweed

I agree with this though. We should have a joint mega scousium. ;)

11. sleaterkinney

Kuyt has gone to Fenerbache. I'm gutted, he always gave 120% up and down the wing.

[​IMG]

12. Smokeandsteam

Smokeandsteam Well-Known Member

Kuyt was never going to fit the BR 4-3-3 model. Plus a top earner is off the wage bill.

I'm interested to see what he does with Aquilani and Cole.

13. Voley

Voley "This huge hill of flesh"

Very sorry to hear that Kuyt's left. One of the few players we could rely on for the last few seasons.

14. friedaweed

Dirk "Fucking" Kuyt:cool:

2 against the bitters and a hat trick against the scum. I'll miss him even though he frustrated me at times. You can'y knock his work rate.

15. agricola

An interview:

[​IMG]

16. magneze

magneze mnemonic beef

^ Yes, you are a bit like David Brent, agricola. Well done.

17. agricola

This is the new cycle of realism you are on? I preferred the old net spend one.

18. big eejit

big eejit Just a poor bastard

Ominous for Liverpool that Rodgers couldn't bring Gylffi to anfield.

19. Big Gunz

Big Gunz Well-Known Member

Who cares. Lets see how and where Villas Boas plays him considering he didn't even have any say in his purchase. Could backfire spectacularly.

20. Dandred

Dandred Mmmmm Beer!

Lucas back in training :)

21. g force

g force Affects Shatner's Basoon

Just seen the new kits for this season - nice to see the "96" sewn into the back of the shirt. Has that ever been there before?

The third 'tribal' kit is laughably bad.

22. big eejit

That's very relaxed of you. I was really surprised that a manager who brought a great player to the Prem and had a great season with him couldn't persuade him to follow him to Liverpool. I'd be a bit concerned at Rodgers' 'pulling power' based on that.

I agree that Spurs is an accident waiting to happen this season, but Liverpool could be too.

23. Big Gunz

Big Gunz Well-Known Member

According to Rodgers Gylffi accepted a contract with Swansea and he wasn't to prepared to pay him any more if he came to Liverpool. Might not necessarily be about pulling power but the player got a bit greedy when Spurs came calling, best of luck to him and good on Rodgers to stick to his guns.

Dandred likes this.
  24. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

Saturday 18th August, away to WBA. Should win that one. Then, Saturday 25th August, home match against Man City. Another win for us I reckon. :)

25. big eejit

I feel your pain. I've complained about 'greedy' players choosing clubs like Spurs or Newcastle over Everton for years. The truth is that 'greedy' players are just professionals looking for the best pay packet. And missing out on signing them is just an indication of financial realities.

Still a bit surprised that Rodgers couldn't reel Gylffi in tho.

26. DRINK?

DRINK? bummed by karmachameleon

Rumours of Clint Dempsey moving to Liverpool today.

Always sad when age catches up with a player & they're forced to drop down a level.

27. mack

mack Fact Me Till I Fart

I've always thought Dempsey was very underrated, I'd love to see him playing up front for us.

28. N_igma

N_igma Epistemic nuisance

29. DRINK?

DRINK? bummed by karmachameleon

Despite no one having heard of him 10 minutes ago most pool fans will have him down as the next maradona

30. Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan Built like a steakhouse, handles like a bistro

Looked decent for Swansea (loan for the second half of the season iirc) in the Championship in their promotion season, has by all accounts had a good enough season to get into Italy's 2012 squad even if he didn't play much (at all?). Replacement for Kuyt, someone who can play through the middle or right of a 3.

Good looking CV for a 21yr old, tempered by that it's hardly a golden era for Italian strikers (Cassano and Mario good, Di Natale and the 5'5" fella that came on a couple of times not so much), Chelsea didn't do too much to hang onto him, and it's generally asking a bit much for a kid to be the signing to excite supporters that Rodgers asked for.