1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liverpool 2012-13

Discussion in 'football' started by goldenecitrone, May 25, 2012.

1. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

So, what are we going to challenge for this year? I'd be happy with a top four place. Going to be hard work though, especially without a manager.

2. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

3. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

Excellent. Should really spice up the games with Man U.

4. Termite Man

Termite Man zombie flesh eater

Suarez is speaking to a russian magazine so it's probably be translated from Spanish to Russian then from Russian to English , I suspect what suarez actually said has probably been lost somewhere, it's irresponsible reporting by the BBC to cause some controversy while there is no important football on.

5. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

Is it not irresponsible of Suarez to bring it up again? What is in the BBC article is in keeping with Suarez attitude over the affair, so it's not as if it's a major new claim.

6. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

New thread, new hope

Voley likes this.
  7. Voley

Voley "This huge hill of flesh"

Suarez really should just STFU. Preferably forever. I couldn't care less is he's been quoted out of context, it's been misinterpreted or 'Heil Hitler!' actually means 'Here, my good man, have a Malteser' in Uruguay, he should just fucking button it, once and for all.

8. Termite Man

depends what he actually said. Why should the BBC bring this up, unapologetic wanker is still unapologetic , hardly fucking news is it.

9. SLK

SLK Banned Banned

I predict 7th under Martinez after spending almost nothing net. I think Liverpool fans will be split but overall supportive of Martinez due to the increased goals scored and hoping that next season he leads them to 4th. They'll bow out of the Carling Cup in the last 16 and the FA Cup in the last 8. They will concede more goals that anyone above them.

10. N_igma

N_igma Epistemic nuisance

We're shit and we're going nowhere.

11. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

If he's giving interviews claiming it was simply a get a Liverpool player exercise than it is worth reporting. No doubt LFC will claim that it's part of South American culture to claim there's some kind of unfair vendetta, it's affectionate you know.....

Termite Man likes this.
  12. Termite Man

but thats my point. What he said is likely to have been translated at least twice so did he really say that.

13. Smokeandsteam

Smokeandsteam Well-Known Member

Are you the Nostradamus of Urban lad?

14. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

Well, given his comments over the issue it's pretty much in keeping with his whole I did nothing wrong schtick, so i'm less inclined to think he's been shafted than I am to think he's just continuing to act the cunt. Imho NVP got it right, he should shut up, if he doesn't then he's fair game. As yet there's been no claim by Suarez, his agent or LFC that he's been misquoted, which if it remains so might give an indication of the validity of the story.

15. Termite Man

Your probably right, Suarez has consistently done stuff to make him lookbad. It's just the whole FA out to get a liverpool player that is just so nuts I find it hard to believe even Suarez would come out with it. I could understand claiming the FA wanted to make an example of someone for being racist but to single liverpool out for it is just a step too far.

Fedayn likes this.
  16. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

17. sleaterkinney

18. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Too early for Rodgers but probably the right time for Martinez.

19. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

Do you mean they will appoint Martinez, and then appoint Rodgers when Martinez gets sacked?

20. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Too early for Rodgers in his career. needs another season or so to maintain his reputation

21. sleaterkinney

We seem to be going for young up-and-coming managers, hungry - but also unproven. I wonder if that's what we need right now.

22. DRINK?

DRINK? bummed by karmachameleon

So long as you have downing you will be ok - quality player ;)

What is Roy Evans doing these days?

23. belboid

belboid Hang Liberals

looks like it will be Rodgers, and no director of football. Risky

24. g force

g force Affects Shatner's Basoon

No riskier than having Van Gaal who always starts well then descends into utter chaos. He also makes Kenny look like a master of the media interview.

25. big eejit

big eejit Just a poor bastard

Twitter says rogers new manager.

26. belboid

belboid Hang Liberals

27. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

The Liverpool-Swansea connection continues. Young bloke with plenty of promise. Best of luck to you Brendan. :)

28. sleaterkinney

I feel sorry for Swansea, reach the top flight then have your manager nicked.

29. Lord Camomile

Lord Camomile Unknown Member

I told you he hadn't turned down Liverpool outright :p

30. spartacus mills

spartacus mills let's wee on each other

I won't believe it until it's officially confirmed by Liverpool FC spokesman, Dave Whelan...

imposs1904 likes this.