1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liverpool 2007-08 thread

Discussion in 'football' started by corporate whore, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Liverpool are not a 'one man team' but Gerrard is more often than not pivotal in their wins.

2. corporate whore

corporate whore oh, thought you were dead

Until it all goes tits up at Newcastle again, we're the laughing stock. Can't see anything changing until one or both of the Americans fuck off.

3. Sunray

Sunray Its sunny somewhere.

Entirely bad.

Unless they stable the ship, can show the club is stable and has some resources to add to the squad, what top manager is going to be interested in the new position?

We'd get Graham Souness or Big Sam sending in their illustrious CV's.

4. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Domination Snert

Well a lack of stability has never stopped Real Madrid getting a new manager in every six months. Although they do have plenty of resources.

5. Relahni

Relahni New Member

Rick Parry - what is the point of him? He fucks off DIC to get in the two clowns (who have never worked together) - surprisingly that doesn't work out - so now he's going back to DIC cap in hand....

The same bloke who came up with the idea of having joint managers - Houllier and Evans.

A strong bloke in charge would have nipped this situation in the bud - but we are a laughing stock.

I agree with the Yanks - Parry has to go.

6. Sunray

Solve fuck all. Right now they both have to go.

Then who ever comes in can sack him if they feel necessary.

7. learydeary

learydeary Red Morty Kidd

Rafa's keyboard - not

Attached Files:

8. Sunray

Its not unstable, its just paralysed.

No decisions are being made at a time when they need to be made for next season.

Are they not going to speak to each other ever again?

9. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

So, any predictions for this here Chelsea game? We're at home first, aren't we? I'll take 2-0 to us. And then 2-2 at Stamford Bridge.

10. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Domination Snert

6 goals? Yeah right.:D

11. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

No, you're right. 2 for Chelsea is probably 2 too many.
    :)

12. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

What's with the Chelsea talk already? What happened to the one game at a time mantra?

Let's concentrate on the annual end-of-season 1-0 defeat to Fulham that the reserves will suffer tomorrow.

13. Sunray

3-0 at home with torres scoring the 1st.

I think they are very beatable right now.

14. Relahni

Relahni New Member

I hate Fulham away - it's the worst ever match to go to as a Liverpool fan imo.

15. cybershot

cybershot EnsignVorik on XBL

Worse than Portsmouth away?

16. Dandred

Dandred Mmmmm Beer!

We are doing nicely against Fulham now, put out a not so strong team but still dominating the first half. :)

17. Balbi

Balbi Hey, Dean Yager!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Nothing wrong with Portsmouth away :mad:

18. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

Professional job done by as 'weak' a team as the one that lost the corresponding fixture last year. Do fuck off Neil 'Colin Wanker' Warnock.

8 points clear of the Bottom 16 now.

With 3 games to go the Pool have lost just 4 times this season. The same as United. Drawing so many has obviously been the problem. Wigan, Spurs, Birmingham and Villa at home come to mind as games where 2 points were dropped. They could have made a big difference.

Anyway, Chelsea at home. A win without conceding and I'm happy.

19. cybershot

Good result yesterday, Pennant played well, like he was at the start of the season, shame he got injured really as I'd still rather have him than Kuyt out on that side in the '1st team' especially as he did his fair bit of back tracking yesterday too.

Gotta assume Pennant is at risk of being sold in the summer if there is a mass cull to raise funds as it may be the only way for us to get the cash for new players at this rate.

20. cybershot

Had a great time at Birmingham yesterday, managed to grab a couple of tickets in the Liverpool end as season ticket holders hadn't grabbed them all for a change, was right by the dividing line by the blues fans. Banter was brilliant. Especially after we came back. Really want to do more away games now, but getting tickets is near on impossible unless your a season ticket holder

21. learydeary

learydeary Red Morty Kidd

So then blue tears wednesday night? :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

22. Relahni

Relahni New Member

I can't believe the number of LFC fans who rate Pennant.

I think he's pretty average and would prefer to have a work horse on the right side who will knock a few in as well.

Kuyt's been great in teh big games for us. Pennant wouldn't have that same impact imo.

Re- away games.

I love them when they are North of Watford Gap. The further North, the better for me.

Newcastle away is cool! :cool:

23. DRINK?

DRINK? bummed by karmachameleon

and they are pish so usually a guaranteed 3 points....

24. Relahni

Relahni New Member

If you get vertigo it's not so good!

Have you got your prawn sandwiches ready tonight?

25. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Nervous now....
    Want Liverpool to win but get the feeling Chelski will sneak it.

26. Relahni

Relahni New Member

Ideal situation. Drogba sent off for diving, JT sent off for being a cunt, Frank Lampard sent off for getting an extra large pizza and fries delivered onto the pitch, Avram Grant sent to the stands for being too ugly and Michael Ballack being sent off for being too German.

Badgers, I am not positive about this one, but always hopefull.

Come on Liverpool

27. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Gerrard Knighted
    Torres suddenly discovers that he is actually English and is picked for the national team
    Rafael Benitez elected London Mayor

:D

28. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

We perform well as underdogs. Come on you Reds!

29. DRINK?

DRINK? bummed by karmachameleon

I shall enjoy them tonight as you hobos battle it out with them c*nts....other than a earthquake hitting Stamford bridge at about 8ish...am hoping for lots of suspensions and injuries;):D

30. Hi-ASL

Hi-ASL get a brian, morans

Righto. We've done our bit.

Now make the dream final happen, you scouse cunts. :)

How disappointing it'll be - and what a dull game it'll be - if we have to face that bunch of n00bs from down yonder.

You know you want it.