1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latitude 2008

Discussion in 'festivals' started by cliche guevara, Feb 28, 2008.

1. cliche guevara

cliche guevara Well-Known Member

Forgot about the fires, good point. My dad was drunkenly shouting shush at people last year at about nine o'clock (tongue in cheek obv). Was quite amusing to see kids actually shut up.

2. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Agree with cliche about getting there on Thurs. It's teh best bit, sorting out a good spot, then watching everyone else struggle while you savour a fat bifta.

Can't wait, don't care if it rains, my new tent has a sweet porch.

3. Sean

Sean WTF? KMBCT

Woo hoo! Tickets came today. :)

We're in family camping as we are a goddamn family (5 of us and 4 of my mrs's sister's family). :p

Getting there Thursday evening for - i hope - a nice relaxing Friday of wandering around getting our bearings before the weekend of indie rock mayhem/family bickering. Kids are very excited, especially our 3 year old who has developed a sudden love of Death Cab for Cutie and wants to know if they will play Brothers on a Hotel Bed (bless her - she thinks it's about her own brothers rather than a tragic metaphor for love gone dull).

What's the weather looking like?

4. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

5. veracity

veracity unspecified

6. cliche guevara

SeeTickets are stating that everyone should have their tickets by Tuesday, and if not you can call them and arrange to pick them up on site. Bit of a nightmare that they've left it this late.

I wouldn't trust metcheck, last year it predicted snow.

7. Sean

Sean WTF? KMBCT

8. Mapped

Mapped London town

Tickets turned up this morning - Yay! :D

I've fucked my foot up - Boo! :( I had xrays this morning and nothing is broken, but I have loads of tissue damage and it hurts to walk, I've been hopping about for a week and it keeps feeling worse.

For the people that have been before is the site quite compact? and are there any big hills etc? it doesn't look like it from the pics I've seen. I have a feeling my foot damage was mainly caused by bashing about in old trainers for miles at Glastonbury, so I'm going to have to take this one easy so it can heal properly :(

9. Lost Zoot

Lost Zoot I'm on Jenny time...

im off to de-mold my tent :D

10. cliche guevara

It's not too bad. There's a bit of a hill in yellow but it's more long than steep. The arena itself is okay, but be careful on either side of the bridge as there's a bit of an incline + gravel, which could fuck your ankle up if you aren't careful.

11. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

Really good very new band called Exlovers playing the Sunrise Arena on the Sunday, probably very early on.
    Kinda sound like Built So Spill/Death Cab/Elliot Smith but from south London:D

www.myspace.com/weareexlovers

12. albinjindu

albinjindu Member

the de-mudding of festival gear has begun.
    Am really looking forward to this one; just hope that i don't have a shift during sigur ros.

13. TopCat

TopCat Sitting on your head & farting when you have a nap

I'm leaving Hackney thursday at 4pm and can do a lift for a few quid towards petrol. :) Pm me if interested.

14. foamy

foamy Sheinhardt Wig Company

tickets arrived yesterday which makes me a very happy bunny.

just packing my bags ready for a quick getaway on friday :)

15. ivebeenhigh

ivebeenhigh Well-Known Member

picked up my ticet from stargreen today, the bus is all booked up so training it from liverpool to ipswich on thursday.

have a spare ticket going at the moment, trying to find someone i know for it but if anyone here knows someone that wants...

16. loud 1

loud 1 dsm-4

17. ivebeenhigh

18. veracity

veracity unspecified

BBC weather seems to be telling a slightly different story to metcheck - either way I am taking my wellies!

19. cliche guevara

That's really good, will definitely be checking them out.

One of the guys from tha Latitude forums has made This fantastic clash guide. He made one last year too and it was tres useful.

20. ethel

ethel Well-Known Member

have the stage times been officially announced?

21. idioteque

idioteque mustard tiger

Yeah, they're all on the website.

22. Sean

Sean WTF? KMBCT

Ooh, I'm getting all excited about this. Having stoked the kids up into a frenzy about it being loads of fun, they've convinced us to go a day early and stay til the Monday. :p

23. Sean

Sean WTF? KMBCT

Yeah they sound good - i'll have to have a wander over there.

That clash guide is very handy :)

24. cliche guevara

You wre just gonna go friday til sunday?! Make the most of it man!

25. ivebeenhigh

I am going down tomorrow.

anyone know what's if anything is on Thursday night?

26. cliche guevara

There's quite a bit on Thursday night by all accounts. They're showing the 1928 version of Moulin Rouge on the lake stage, accompanied by an orchestra. Poetry and Theatre stages both have stuff on all evening, and the In The Woods stage is open with The Irrepressibles and Djs later on. Plenty to keep you occupied!

27. TopCat

I am only taking sandals, glasto this ain't!

28. TopCat

Anyway my tent set up has enough facilities to keep me amused if it rains. :)

29. TopCat

How delightful, there is a porter service at this festie to carry ones baggage to the campground. :)

30. cliche guevara

Bet that's expensive. Last year they were hiring out wheelbarrows for free (after a £20 deposit), but apparently they're charging this year. Boo!