1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Johnson ahead

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by paolo, Mar 18, 2008.

1. paolo

paolo Member You're a Womble

2. KeyboardJockey

KeyboardJockey Clowns to the Left of me

Don't know how many of those people supporting Boris are dyed in the wool Tories or who like me are almost anyone but Livingstone.

Personally I'd say that there are probably more who just want rid of Livingstone rather than who actively want Boris. However, the one policy thats sold me on Livingstone is his policy of wanting an increase in power for the assembly.

I also think Livingstone is paying the price for standing as a NL candidate in that he is now picking up some of the flak that is aimed at the Govt. Maybe if he had continued as an independent. Doesn't help that Livingstone has shown appallign judgement in hanging onto Jasper the Grasper for so long.
  3. Maurice Picarda

Maurice Picarda Reflounced. None of you are worth bothering with.

Yes, never underestimate the hordes of fanatical Greg Dyke loyalists, obediently awaiting their leader's fatwa.
  4. jæd

jæd Corporate Hooker

Perhaps if Bendy Buses are an election issue then perhaps its because no-one likes them...? :confused:
  5. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

The Boris machine has been busy of late....

Was stopped outside Wandsworth Town train station yesterday by a grinning moron distributing 'Back Boris' leaflets. I took the opportunity to have some fun with her :)

Moron: Back Boris sir?
    Badgers: Boris who?
    Moron: Boris Johnson, who is running for mayor
    Badgers: That TV bloke, is he still in politics?
    Moron: He is the mayoral candidate!
    Badgers: Is this a joke?
    Moron: No, the leaflet will tell you more.
    Badgers: Leaflet? That is not very good for the environment!
    Moron: Errrrr....
    Badgers: In fact look at all the litter you are creating, Boris's name is actually in the gutter....Look!!!!
    Badgers: Anyway, I am late for work! I hope this is not your full time job?

Fish in a barrel

:)
  6. KeyboardJockey

Sounds like the equally moronic Livingstone canvasser who accosted me outside Victoria Station. 'Vote for Ken' says he 'You must be fucking joking' says I. I got the distinct impression that 'you must be fucking joking' had been said to him more than once that day :D
  7. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Hating people is fun :D
  8. KeyboardJockey

I dont' hate Livingscum nor his canvassers. I think they are misguided for allowing a charlatan like Livingstone to charm them but that could equally apply to all poltiicians.
  9. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

So who do you think is the 'least worst' option?
  10. marty21

marty21 my gran was in the war with bombs and shit

i haven't seen anyone campaigning, i spend most of my time in hackney, none of them seem that bothered about the hackney vote
  11. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

I thought Chris Liberator was standing?

:D
  12. marty21

tbh, i'm getting more tempted by the joke candidate, michael hodges of timeout:D
  13. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

The choice appears to be Ken or Boris.

My choice from the above is Ken.
  14. co-op

co-op Free the rhubarb crumble!

Livingstone has had more second preference votes in the last two elections (but then he had more first pref votes too then, which isn't guaranteed this time) and I've been told that polling so far this year shows that he is well ahead of Boris on second preference votes - but I got this verbally from some party guy, I don't have the exact figures or a reference for you I'm afraid. Anyway, this suggests that the anti-Boris vote is more solid than the anti-Ken one and - assuming that it's KL vs BJ in the run-offs (and the 12% for Paddick makes that look pretty likely) - this leaves KL still well in the race.
  15. co-op

co-op Free the rhubarb crumble!

Me too. Ken is not what he was, but Boris is an idiot.
  16. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

^ ^ This

I know that our country and politics are a bit of a joke right now but to actually elect comedians is nonsense. Ken is trying (and failing) to do a thankless/impossible task and is a bigger man (but slimmer) than Boris is, or ever will be.
  17. paolo

paolo Member You're a Womble

Interesting. I guess it's also possible that the swing is a temporary one - fallout from Jasper etc.
  18. marty21

how can you say you don't hate him when you call him livingscum?:confused:
  19. KeyboardJockey

Doesn't mean I hate him. Don't like his attitude or his politics but if the bloke was drowning I'd probably save him.
  20. ChrisFilter

ChrisFilter Like a boss.

I'll be totally devastated if that twat Johnson wins... genuinely gutted.
  21. KeyboardJockey

If he wins it won't be because he has won on a positive choice it will be because Livingstone lost the support of Londoners and people will vote for whatever gets rid of him.
  22. ChrisFilter

ChrisFilter Like a boss.

Indeed, and if Livingstone wins it'll be because the thought of that cynical, bigoted Tory cunt, Johnson, as Mayor is gutting.
  23. killer b

killer b curled up on the sofa

i find it completely gobsmacking that the tories even put boris up as a candidate, let alone anyone vote for him... you'd have to be an utter idiot to vote for him, frankly, whatever the provocation from livingstone.
  24. ChrisFilter

ChrisFilter Like a boss.

Tell me about it... judging by the wankers at work, there's a worrying amount of utter idiots :(
  25. Urbanblues

Urbanblues Was that it, life?

Unlike all those rich cunts who stated they’d emigrate if Labour won the General Election; I’m not in a position to move out of London if Johnson wins – though, I could top myself.

Livingstone at his ‘concentration-camp-guard’ baiting worse; at his unbending belief in bendy buses; or, even with his ‘London’ll-have-the-Olympics-whether-they-like-it-or-not’ attitude, is preferable to what the falsely fumbling bumbling Boris can offer.

Fuck off Johnson, you privileged Tory cunt!
  26. Placid Casual27

Placid Casual27 Gorau Chwarae Cyd Chwarae

27. Matt S

Matt S New Member

The Green Party is about to urge their voters to cast their second preference for Livingstone, and vice versa.

Matt
  28. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

Be prepared to be devastated. I think the fuckers going to win...
  29. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

Seriously?
  30. Random One

Random One Gwanin

i read the thread title as 'Johnson Dead'...

...oh well:p